Halo Reach Elite Sculpt (Well Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're work of art is Just to EPIC to put into words.:D The only thing I could possibly say is to add a back plate to the mouth before molding. It would have to be cut out later, but it will help on the under cuts in the molding process. And of course the teeth will probably have to be done separably. I can't wait to see how this all comes out. :cool

Now I have a casting question for you. Are you going to do a resin skull with a Latex skin? Or a 2 part cold foam?. What were you thinking on materials for this one?

That is an awesome sculpt! Eager to see the mold for this one, might have to be done similar to a Predator head mold with the mandibles being seperate?

It's so purty....and evil looking at the same time. I love it!:D

Thanks Rusty!!!!! No more Ninjin Turtle I hope…lol

Great job. How much silicone is it going to take to mold this beast? lol

I have 2.5 Gallon kits of Rebound hanging out at the house for this. Hopefully its enough.

You're work of art is Just to EPIC to put into words.:D The only thing I could possibly say is to add a back plate to the mouth before molding. It would have to be cut out later, but it will help on the under cuts in the molding process. And of course the teeth will probably have to be done separably. I can't wait to see how this all comes out. :cool

Now I have a casting question for you. Are you going to do a resin skull with a Latex skin? Or a 2 part cold foam?. What were you thinking on materials for this one?

The mold I’m building will be strictly for Resin and or Urethane flexible rubber pours. Hopefully if everything goes as plan, I can make a flexible casting and tweek it for a latex foam mold. Or maybe make a urethane rubber mold of a complete Resin bust and tun silicone pulls from that. I still have a ton of planning on that side of things, but for now they will be strickly Resin pulls If I can get this mold of f the ground (I’ll show pics of the process). Also, look below for my Idea on how to make the initial mold (I’m a noob at the photobucket editor, sorry). Thanks for the great comments BTW!

Holy cow, Blackula! amazing work!

Thank you kind sir!

That is an awesome sculpt! Eager to see the mold for this one, might have to be done similar to a Predator head mold with the mandibles being seperate?

Thanks Drgnfyre, I appreciate the comments my man, means a lot. I’ve been a fan of your work for quite some time :) . About the molding, I honestly thought of doing just that, but decided to go a different route in the end. Please see below on my plan (let me know if you can think of any issues). Thanks again!

Well, guys, this is the plan I’m rolling with, hope it works (fingers crossed).

e97c099c-1.jpg

The white area indicates where I intend to close the mouth off, I will do the same underneath. The red line is where Intend to part this beast both on the silicone and the hard jacket. The jacket might be 4 parts, two for the left and two for the right, to avoid mold lock.

Then, when I make my first resin casting, I will finish the mouth sculpt. I’m thinking the mouth will need to be broken up into 3 individual sculpts for the fleshy inner lining of the mouth area (back of throat, inside cheek areas and flesh surrounding the inner mandibles). I’m planning to do 5 more smaller sculps for the teeth and top teeth which will include the gum line. Hopefully it makes sense. I personally think it will work, but if I’m missing anything, I appreciate any feedback. I’m kind of going down new molding territory here and its difficult to find pictures of something similar being molded.

Anyways, thanks for viewing everyone! I appreciate the interest.

Tony

that looks great keep it up

Thanks my man, I hope to :)

this was made by gods nice work

Lol, thanks you sir, but I am merely a man.

Sounds great Tony, that should do very well.

Thanks for the input Thorn you have been very helpful throughout all of this. Much appreciated!

Fantastic work so far. I am really interested in your solution to the mouth problem. It is unique way of approaching this.

Ditto on what I just said to Thorn, lol, You guys have been most helpful on all of this. Also, I’m really interested on my solution too. Hopefully it all works out.

Thanks again guys for continuing to view this thread.

Tony

e97c099c-1.jpg

Is that a rabies infected ninja turtle foaming at the mouth? I think the disease mutated him even further what with the four large thumbs protruding from his cheeks. It also appears that he bumped his noggin.....he's bleeding! For the love of God man, why would you post pics of this creature in such a hideous state?

Is that a rabies infected ninja turtle foaming at the mouth? I think the disease mutated him even further what with the four large thumbs protruding from his cheeks. It also appears that he bumped his noggin.....he's bleeding! For the love of God man, why would you post pics of this creature in such a hideous state?

Now that's funny.:D:cool;)

I just proper laughed out loud. After reading vshores comment I was imagining an episode of the turtles all mad and foaming chasing splinter around the sewer with a confused and scared look on his face looking for rabies shots :D

If I send you some Liquid Latex is there a chance you'd be willing to paint it onto your sculpt, let it dry, peel it off, & mail it back to me? I need an Elite head appliance for the Elite minor build I want to do, but I can't sculpt nearly as well as you, If you could, private message me, because this is gorgeous!

If I send you some Liquid Latex is there a chance you'd be willing to paint it onto your sculpt, let it dry, peel it off, & mail it back to me? I need an Elite head appliance for the Elite minor build I want to do, but I can't sculpt nearly as well as you, If you could, private message me, because this is gorgeous!

Hey man , that's not really the way to ask someone for a cast....I know he does plan on molding and casting it , and that is what you'll have to do if you want one. Just a friendly reminder.

-Jacob

animal cruelty man oh the humanity xD
Now that's funny.:D:cool;)

I just proper laughed out loud. After reading vshores comment I was imagining an episode of the turtles all mad and foaming chasing splinter around the sewer with a confused and scared look on his face looking for rabies shots :D
@Vshore, Scar, Thorn & drack…Lol, thanks guys! yeah it does look pretty rabid…lol
Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread, been absent for to long…..
Sorry man, I wont be able to do that for a couple reasons. 1, I don’t want to contaminate the sculpt (latex & Silicone are not friendly together) 2, I’m planning to run resin castings, but once I figure out some other materials I’ll do flexible castings. I may need to cast a rubber head afterwards and remold that for latex applications.
Hey man , that's not really the way to ask someone for a cast....I know he does plan on molding and casting it , and that is what you'll have to do if you want one. Just a friendly reminder.

-Jacob
True...lol. Thanks Jacob.

Okay, its been a long time coming. SO, heres a small update. The elite has been giving me trouble. I planned on molding this week. I ended up closing off the mouth and prepping it for molding. With that said. I came home after work and the weight of the clay pulled the mandibles off. SO now I’m switching to plan b. I will mold the mandibles separately. So bear with me and hopefully in the next week or two I will have a casting ready. Heres some photos.

acc0c12e.jpg

2af6bf92.jpg

Then, the mandibles fell off

bcd27158.jpg

So now I will mold each separately.

66beda27.jpg

The new molding plan should allow me to cut down on materials used because now I don’t have to sculpt the inner mouth and mandible parts separately. All the pieces kind of go to gether like a puzzle now. Should be easy assembly once casts start coming out. Well, wish me luck.

Also, here’s a Prometheus death worm attacking my Daughter. I have to use the worm now to finish the inner sculpt of the Elite. SO, I will have to redo that sculpt later, which isn’t so bad because it’s quite a bit off.

73a115d2.jpg

Thanks again guys for continuing to follow the worlds slowest Elite sculpt….lol.

Tony

That's one creepy looking worm you got there Tony. I'm really glad to see you back at this. And yes, you have been gone too long! :D

Tony, great to see you back and working. Sorry to hear about the mandibles, but in the long run it is the better way to mold a complicated sculpt like this. Looking forward to seeing more.

That's one creepy looking worm you got there Tony. I'm really glad to see you back at this. And yes, you have been gone too long! :D

Thank you Rusty! Hopefully things get a little less hectic on my end and I get back into the swing of things.

Tony, great to see you back and working. Sorry to hear about the mandibles, but in the long run it is the better way to mold a complicated sculpt like this. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks my man. I agee, taking the mandibles of is definitely the better way to mold this. Hopefully I get some castings up soon.

Okay guys, here is where I’m at so far:

708d62cd.jpg

c3c39df9.jpg

ddc90003.jpg

Unfortunately, my AC died right when I started laying down rubber. Hopefully the rebound didn’t cure to fast and catch a bunch of bubbles. Either way, I’ll still be able to get some casting of of these molds, but they may be transition molds. Well, we’ll see if they turn out okay or not. Hopefully I can update with some castings soon of the mandibles.

Thanks for viewing!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back