Halo Reach Elite Sculpt (Well Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! Thanks guys, I'm trying. Oh and Calladar you definitely have the skills. I've seen you make magic happen in your threads...lol. No but seriously, you can do it. If you can make the shapes, research smoothing online, or don't be afraid to ask peeps. I haven't sculpted anything in well over a decade and decided to try it again. It's been frustating, but I think i can do it. Well wish me luck. Thanks again for viewing my thread guys. Much appreciated.

wish i could work with clay like that. i can get the shapes i want just don't have the technique to get stuff smooth and perfect.

thats just it! yes with mechanical type sculpts (armor etc.) it can be very difficult but the beauty of organics is that it is flawed. all the little knicks and lines in this elite can actually (if not over done) enhance the finished product. my second sculpt was an infection form flood spore and if i can say so my self i got it pretty spot on and its not smooth at all. plus you get to be messy :p

thats just it! yes with mechanical type sculpts (armor etc.) it can be very difficult but the beauty of organics is that it is flawed. all the little knicks and lines in this elite can actually (if not over done) enhance the finished product. my second sculpt was an infection form flood spore and if i can say so my self i got it pretty spot on and its not smooth at all. plus you get to be messy :p

Couldn't agree more. Thats basicly why I chose to sculpt an alien versus the helmet. Symetry is tough when it supposed to "Mechanical".

BTW, i loved your sculpt, definitely motivational.

you found it on youtube? man i thought it wouldve been buried by now lol

I believe I found it through your Emile sculpt video or something, but awesome stuff my man.

Here is a short video update (I'll try and put this on youtube later and fix the link):

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, just seeing this for the first time (you started this thread when I was away) and it's amazing! Seriously blown away, can't wait to see this project progress. Keep up the great work!

How are you planning to mount the sculpt? It might be cool to look at an antler mount frame with an engraved plate detailing the date and kill location. Kind of like a perverse war trophy or something.

Saw this pic over on the replica props forum.
eliteskull.jpg

Hey man, just seeing this for the first time (you started this thread when I was away) and it's amazing! Seriously blown away, can't wait to see this project progress. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Spitfire, I told you on XBOX live I was going to do it....lol I don't fake moves..lol

How are you planning to mount the sculpt? It might be cool to look at an antler mount frame with an engraved plate detailing the date and kill location. Kind of like a perverse war trophy or something.

Saw this pic over on the replica props forum.
eliteskull.jpg

I wasn't sure how I was going to mount it, but thats really an awesome idea, I like alot actually. Thanks for that.

-Tony

I beleive that you should make a plaster mold of it so that you can cast silicone or foam out of it. A slimmy skined/ fexable elite head. i already have the sketches and ideas for a non motorized mask that moves and talks as you talk inside.

I beleive that you should make a plaster mold of it so that you can cast silicone or foam out of it. A slimmy skined/ fexable elite head. i already have the sketches and ideas for a non motorized mask that moves and talks as you talk inside.

Thanks Pappa Midnight, I intend to do two molds. I'm going to go with Shell Shock from Smooth-on for the second. I agree with you that a plaster based mold is typical and most likely the better medium, but since this is so large, I may have issues trying to run casts using a big mold made of Ultra Cal. I'm hoping that the Shell shock will be lighter and let me manuver the mold around better when doing castings. Well, will see.

thanks for viewing my thread!

This looks awesome so far. Looks like it was made by the ghost of Stan Winston himself. Some expert level work going here.

This looks awesome so far. Looks like it was made by the ghost of Stan Winston himself. Some expert level work going here.

Thanks Jonus, that really is a great comment and it means alot to me. Im trying to do a decent job. :)

OK, ok, I can’t wait till the helmet is completely pepped. Here is the model I’m using for the elite helm. The model was made by Satchmo and it is awesome sauce. I worked straight through the night right after work yesterday cutting gluing and burning my fingers with the glue gun…lol. I think it looks pretty decent. Hopefully its not to big when its finished. Well here are the picks. Let me know 4 - O - 5 ers.

Keep in mind that its just propped up with a small box from the inside, so it sitting a little to high in the back and it is missing the mandibles which makes the face of the beast larger.

IMG_20110819_141023.jpg

IMG_20110819_141057.jpg

IMG_20110819_141134.jpg

Be good guys!

-Tony

I love it! elite officer is my elite on reach!
(p.s the elite officer was a legendary pre order bonus)

I have it too, but I still use the general, because I play alot of firefight versus. The lower ranking sangheli will actually follow you based on rank.

Anyway, That thing would look awesome mounted. Maybe right on the wall across from your front door, to freak people out.

I love it! elite officer is my elite on reach!
(p.s the elite officer was a legendary pre order bonus)
Thanks man, Glad you likes it! Yeah, I haz legendary as well. What self respecting halo fan wouldn’t? lol.

I have it too, but I still use the general, because I play alot of firefight versus. The lower ranking sangheli will actually follow you based on rank.

Anyway, That thing would look awesome mounted. Maybe right on the wall across from your front door, to freak people out.
Lol, you’re right that would rock to see peeps reactions when they come in..lol. Thanks for the comments guys!

Yo, yo, yo, we have helm….lol. Took me 2 days, but I muscled through it..lol. I will harden tomorrow provide the weather works with me. Great Model Satch! Love it!

IMG_20110820_191607.jpg

IMG_20110820_191617.jpg

IMG_20110820_191625.jpg

IMG_20110820_191637.jpg

IMG_20110820_191656.jpg

Anyways, let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for viewing my thread too!

One big pot of awesome sauce right here, amazing work! I'm totally grabbing one of these when you mold it fyi lol

However, I do NOT have the legendary edition, just saying :$

One big pot of awesome sauce right here, amazing work! I'm totally grabbing one of these when you mold it fyi lol

However, I do NOT have the legendary edition, just saying :$

Thanks dude! Hopefully I can deliver and make a decent Elite bust. I don't have a tremendous amount of experience at molding, so I'm hoping I can pull it off. Thanks again!

-Tony

To the community:

Also, does anyone have a good idea of what the Elites skin texture would be? I looked at the action figure and it looks smooth. Just curious on peoples input.

Thanks for viewing.

To the community:

Also, does anyone have a good idea of what the Elites skin texture would be? I looked at the action figure and it looks smooth. Just curious on peoples input.

Thanks for viewing.

I think it would probably be like a snake or alligator's skin, also, ELITE OFFICER!! NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back