Halo reach Grenadier & Mark V [B] helmet & Misc build (WIP) Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, it looks like the vents are going to work out pretty good, when your done they will look better than the pep version, its nice to see you get some progress done on this helmet, but I know what you mean, you got another project that take priority over another, Im in the same boat, but great job man, on both of your projects

The vents looks very good! very smart way to make them. Both helmets are beautiful already, can't wait to see them finished!
keep it up!

Nice, it looks like the vents are going to work out pretty good, when your done they will look better than the pep version, its nice to see you get some progress done on this helmet, but I know what you mean, you got another project that take priority over another, Im in the same boat, but great job man, on both of your projects

Thanks Hyper, and thanks for the chest piece (picture below)

The vents looks very good! very smart way to make them. Both helmets are beautiful already, can't wait to see them finished!
keep it up!

Thanks man, yeah, I need to get back on this project, I've just been super busy lately.

Well, I went to Orlando this weekend for vaca (Went to disney) and I had the opportunity to meet up with Hyper. Here is what I brought home (Thanks my man).

IMG_20111008_011850.jpg

(Model By L3X BLU3RIV3R)

I'm now super stoked to start this armor building thing and I really have no excuse now since I've been given a jump start with this awesomely built Chest piece. So, I'm going to try my best to complete a suit by the February Megacon deadline. I at least have plenty of Helms to choose from, this super sexy MK5 pictured above, the nick nack Beastly Pilot or my old and busted Commando. Well, wish me luck!

Keep on building my fellow 405ers!

-Tony

Okay, here’s what went down today. Hardened the chest piece with a slightly different rondo method. I remember reading a comment by Thorn saying you could make your rondo using bondo glass. Let me just say, Thank you thorn. It definitely works. It’s a tad bit lighter than the regular stuff too.

Here’s the pics.

IMG_20111009_170225.jpg

IMG_20111009_170209.jpg

IMG_20111009_192329.jpg

IMG_20111009_192751.jpg

I’ve already started bondo too, I’m just too lazy to put pics up….lol

Be good 405,

-Tony

Well, Here is an update on all my stuff.

Slapped more rondo (W/ Bondoglass) in the chest piece. Downloaded the rest of my files for the armor build. No pics, because it doesn’t really look much different.

However, I’m doing the finishing touches on the pilot (Created By Nick Nack Patty Wack) , trying to mold this by the weekend. The plan is to include as a tutorial the molding process. It will just be pics cause I don’t own a video camera other than my janky phone…lol

Pics!

Glazed:

IMG_20111010_183906.jpg

Primed:

IMG_20111010_193925.jpg

IMG_20111010_193936.jpg

IMG_20111010_194002.jpg

IMG_20111010_194009.jpg

Painted & filled in some areas I missed with Magic Sculpt:

IMG_20111011_003528.jpg

IMG_20111011_003516.jpg

IMG_20111011_003448.jpg

IMG_20111011_003459.jpg

IMG_20111011_003508.jpg

Poured a commando cast:

IMG_20111010_213043.jpg

SO, I did a lot after my real job….lol. All in all, a productive day. I still need to finish sanding and repaint the helm and let everything cure and by Wednesday I can prep for the weekend molding session.

Keep building 405ers!

-Tony

P.S. I really hated destroying the great paint job that was on this helmet (Sorry Nick Nack)

Everything is looking good, nice job on getting that Pilot helmet ready to mold, im sure the mold will turn out perfect oh and I really hated you destroying Nick Nacks paint job too how could you, im just messing around keep up the great job

Everything is looking good, nice job on getting that Pilot helmet ready to mold, im sure the mold will turn out perfect oh and I really hated you destroying Nick Nacks paint job too how could you, im just messing around keep up the great job

Lol, Thanks man. I'll try to get it as good as I can. I don't have the hyper skillz though. After seeing your stuff, I realize that you go through some effort to get your helms as perfect as possible. I'm really digging the MKv cast. I can't wait to paint it, waiting on my visor to arrive.

Possible Molding Tutorial?
This is for anyone interested in a molding tutorial. There are some good ones out there, like Ben Streeper's, Adam's, and Ithica's but with that in mind, my question to the community is. What would you like to see that may not have been aswered in some of the Molding tuts out there. I was planning on taking phots & possibly some video using my cell phone. Anyways, as long as the process goes as planned, I'll have a tutorial ready. But if there is something you would like to see, then try and either PM me or say something in this thread.

Be good guys!:D

-Tony

Really like your color choice lol. it reminds me of something i have!

Yeah, I love the yellow, but its now red gloss :(. I'll show some more pics right before I start the process of molding.

Pilot helmet o how I miss you so.

What r u taking about "Possible Molding Tutorial". One must be done.

You'll be reunited soon, Drama queen! J/K :) Anyhoo, the molding tut is happening provided I dont jack the whole process up. lol

Be good guys,

-Tony

WOW AMAZING MAN, i just know that this is going to come out fantastic =D great job man, great job
btw how do you make that indent thing on the back of the pilot helmet? and i was also wondering if you do vaccum forming?

WOW AMAZING MAN, i just know that this is going to come out fantastic =D great job man, great job
btw how do you make that indent thing on the back of the pilot helmet? and i was also wondering if you do vaccum forming?

Lol, thanks man, But the Helmet is all Nick Nack, I just cleaned it up a little. The shape & details were all Nick Nack Patty Wack. I just filled holes and fixed a couple minor issues. With that said, I will be learning this whole vac form stuff shortly, so Im not really much help at the moment. But I'll get it down.

Sneak peak of the molding process, I have a ton of photos and plan on creating a ghetto fabulous molding tutorial.

IMG_20111013_191000.jpg

IMG_20111013_195801.jpg

IMG_20111014_002711.jpg

IMG_20111014_002848.jpg

IMG_20111014_002838.jpg

IMG_20111014_015629.jpg

Well, I haven’t been lazy, just real busy. I had a long day yesterday. Got off work real late & stayed up till 3am trying to finish this up.

It’s about ready for a jacket, so stay tuned.

Keep building 405ers!

-Tony

lol, Thanks Shore & Roce!

Btw, We’ve got Pilots!!!!
IMG_20111018_003412.jpg

Mold
IMG_20111017_224258.jpg

Demolding is scary…lol & Messy!
IMG_20111017_222845.jpg

Well, as promised, Nick Nack’s Beloved pilot has been molded.
Keep building guys!
-Tony

Curious as to what silicone you used to make that mold with? It all looks great btw!

Curious as to what silicone you used to make that mold with? It all looks great btw!

Thanks man, I'm using Dragon skin fast. I love it now. Ithica told me about it. Anyways, I took many pictures, you can expect a full tutorial in the next few days. It will be a photo guided tour of the process.

Thanks again,

-Tony

Congrats it looks like the cast came out near perfect, I like the mold its nice and clean looking too. BTW nice MKV there LOL

Congrats on the successful pull Tony. I'm sure Nick will be proud.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back