Halo reach Grenadier & Mark V [B] helmet & Misc build (WIP) Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats it looks like the cast came out near perfect, I like the mold its nice and clean looking too. BTW nice MKV there LOL

lol, yeah, the mold came out nice and that casts are looking great. Yeah, I picked up that Junk pile of a helmet from some Squirrely character out in O-Town. :pLol, J/k, I love my MKV, now I need to learn how to paint it.

Great job.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Congrats on completing your Halo CE build it looks killer!

Congrats on the successful pull Tony. I'm sure Nick will be proud.:)

Thanks man, Hopefully he likes it.

YaY Twins lol

Yuppers, now I need to pour you one...lol. I hope you like it buddy!

Thanks again guys for following this thread.

Keep building!

-Tony

Ok guys, heres a random update of all the shenanigans im up to…lol.
No real work on the chest piece or Grenadier or Elite. Took a break and went to seaworld with the kiddies…lol However, I did receive these two lovely items in the mail.

Sean Bradley ODST kit:

1319240523246.jpg

The plan for the Bradley suit is to have this ready for February for Megacon in Orlando. I will be stripping it down to its individual pieces and reinforcing certain areas with a combination of Smooth Cast & fiberglass. I already tried it on the front Chest Piece part and it looks to be effective. Also, I love this suit…lol

Smick6 M6B Pistol

1319376568872.jpg

What can I say, just an all around fantastic piece of art. Very little clean up work involved. What you see here was exactly how it came out of the box. Took me about 20 mins to clean the rest of it and its virtually ready for paint. I love it!!

And here are some seawork pics…lol

Im not sure what this is, looks Alien:)

1319382921022.jpg

Same with this

1319382945051.jpg

Dolphins & Rays

1319384487224.jpg

1319383043493.jpg

My daughter with face paint….lol

1319403038215.jpg

Well, Keep building guys!

-Tony

The Pilot is looking perfect! Kudos to the both of you :)

Hey, is that how you recieved the ODST kit in the mail? Or did you do some trimming and stuff already?

The Pilot is looking perfect! Kudos to the both of you :)

Hey, is that how you recieved the ODST kit in the mail? Or did you do some trimming and stuff already?

I pretty much received it as is in the mail from a member here on the forums. I'm actually stripping it down to the individual parts. I plan on reinforcing it and putting it all back together.

Also, I was successful in vac forming the Pilot helmet's visor. I'm going to do some rework on the buck and things should be smooth sailing on Pilot visors from here on out. I'll also be suppying Nick Nack with a Visor Buck Master so he to can provide visors for the community. Wish me luck! Heres a pic

1319581031656.jpg

1319584436452.jpg

I spent sometime getting the visor off of the original master, the plastic sucks up and forms around the underside of the buck, This is why I have to rework the form so that its easier to take the visors off. I used 1/8" PETG for the visor.

Thanks for viewing guys!

-Tony

That is so cool Tony. I would like to build myself one of those vac tables. Did you make your own?

That is so cool Tony. I would like to build myself one of those vac tables. Did you make your own?

Yes I did. I already had a 3.5hp shop vac, so making it was very inexpensive. I probably spent in materials, right around $30. Its very simple to make and suprisingly powerful. You should try it.

-Tony

Yes I did. I already had a 3.5hp shop vac, so making it was very inexpensive. I probably spent in materials, right around $30. Its very simple to make and suprisingly powerful. You should try it.

-Tony
Did you get the assembly instructions from the net or come up with it on your own?

Did you get the assembly instructions from the net or come up with it on your own?

I looked at a few demos on the web where people created there own vac tables. But, I didn't use any instructions. I Just knew what it needed to be in order to make it work. If that makes sense. I basically went to HD without any material lists went and found a pre-cut square of peg board & plywood. THey were both the same size.I then picked out some wood that I knew would work for the sides and had the guy cut it to fit the length and width of the plywood. I then went and grabbed caulking and duct tape off the shelf to seal it once I put it all together with some extra wood screws I had at the crib. After a good half hour of searching the isles, I picked up some screws and brackets to hold the frame together. I found some poplar for my frame back in the lumber section. I went home and measured the oven cutting everthing to size for the holding frame. I use Binder clips to hold the plastic to the frame (Saw that in a video somwhere).

hopefully my ranting made sense...lol.

-Tony

Yep, sure did. I appreciate it buddy.:)

Lol, glad I could help!

OK guys, Here is the first Painted Nick Nack Pilot Cast. What do you think? I tested some new techniques (Thanks Hyper!) on this. I may not have executed them perfectly, but I still consider myself a noob at paint work.

IMG_20111027_193142.jpg

IMG_20111027_193131.jpg

IMG_20111027_193111.jpg

IMG_20111027_193121.jpg

IMG_20111027_193103.jpg

IMG_20111027_193053.jpg

Fresh out the molds. One of these is being reunited with the creator…lol

IMG_20111027_193914.jpg

Video Linky:

Cheese Factoy Video of the Nick Nack Pilot Cast...lol

Well, let me know. Keep Building 405 ers…lol!

-Tony

looking very sharp! you really seem to have a natural talent for this!

also, is that an ODST chest i see hanging from the chair in the last image?

CJ

Wow looking at the pics on the computer screen vs's the phone pics, the paint job looks great, and not to mention the cast came out great looking also

Looks awesome Tony, just like all your other work. Paint job looks great, and the black visor is pretty bada$$.

I've got to make a suggestion though. I would love to see that Pilot helmet with the UA upgrade:
halo_Reach_helmet_pilot_3.jpg

:cool

Holy crap.....that is ssssooooooooo sssiiiccccckkkkkk. I have to say, it's definitely a toss up between this one and your commando. I want one! What's the view like from inside and what did you spray the visor with? Oh man I love it. :)(giggles with excitement)

looking very sharp! you really seem to have a natural talent for this!

also, is that an ODST chest i see hanging from the chair in the last image?

CJ

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yes sir, it’s a SB ODST kit. I’m in the process of stripping it down & reinforcing it. I’ll be attending Megacon & need to have a suit ready.

man that visor is so dang smooth! always impressive Toni, I think you did an amazing job painting as well!

Thanks my man, I’m trying. I will be making a new visor buck. I will try and get more inperfections out on the next one. But, this one definitely does the trick.
Wow looking at the pics on the computer screen vs's the phone pics, the paint job looks great, and not to mention the cast came out great looking also

Thanks man, Means a lot coming from such a talented individual such as yourself. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain some of your techniques. In the end I used Tooth paste like Sean does, but the concept is still the same as you explained to me. Thanks again my man.
dang it looks great man, awesome work =D keep it up man and good luck =D
Thanks buddy. I believe you are working on a pilot. Hit me up if you need a visor for that beast. Good luck!
Looks awesome Tony, just like all your other work. Paint job looks great, and the black visor is pretty bada$$.

I've got to make a suggestion though. I would love to see that Pilot helmet with the UA upgrade:
halo_Reach_helmet_pilot_3.jpg

:cool
Thanks man! I’m planning on doing up that attachment. I really like the look. Stay tuned buddy.
That blows my helm out of the water!!!

Nice Job!
No no, that’s not true, but I do appreciate your comments. Anyways, I definitely consider you an innovator here on the forums, so I do look to your threads for Ideas. Great work by the way on the fan film. I’m digging your stuff buddy!
Looking awesome as always!
Thanks my man. WE’ll see how the next one turns out. Be good!

Holy crap.....that is ssssooooooooo sssiiiccccckkkkkk. I have to say, it's definitely a toss up between this one and your commando. I want one! What's the view like from inside and what did you spray the visor with? Oh man I love it. :)(giggles with excitement)
Its actually fine, it’s a bit blurry, but its not to bad. You really can’t drive a car and wear the helmet, but it gets the job done…lol. Well let me know shore. Great work on your build buddy, the CQB is boss.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to view and comment. I really appreciate the honest feedback and it gives me the added encouragement to do more.

Much love 405!

-Tony

Heres a little pic of me at work with the Helm. In lieu of a completed suit for Halloween, I went with the helm...lol. Check it out! (My boss is the clown...lol, She puts up with my nonsense)

GroupHalloweenPic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back