Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
In think it is fine.. Once you put on the shoulders it will widen the shoulders and "beef" you up some.. Looks good

The helmet looks fine. It's hard to get a good feel for the overall look until you have all the armor on. With the right padding it will sit correctly on your head and you'll have good movement. Unfortunately women are typically built with narrower shoulders and that makes the helmet look larger than it really is. You've done some great work so far and I know we are all looking forward to seeing the finished product. Keep working Chica, you are almost there.

Boots are done!!! :D

Since I still have a little foam left, I have something else that I am thinking about making. Since I got a good model of the "spine armor" I may try and make that too. I think it would just be a nice addition to the costume. :) We'll see how that goes. XD

Anyway........ON TO PICS! :D

34ecawy.jpg

16gl5bn.jpg

In case you're wondering, the lines on the toe of the boots were lightly sketched with a mechanical pencil then I used a pen and just drew in the lines to create grooves. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
1st post

Hi ma'am, i must say, after what i see until now, that i can't wait to see your armor complete, you are doing a amazing job, i hope you could finish that inside the time you need.

ps: this is my first post, so i am really glad that i have doing this in your Thread, i see all featured posts, and i can say that is a honor, for this Brazilian Noob^^

More pics!!! :D
Okay, here is an idea as to what the final outcome MIGHT look like once it's all said and done.

Yes, I AM missing a knee piece and I KNOW it doesn't look right, but I was only testing the one knee piece to try and figure out how I was going to strap it without ruining my pair of pants that I will be wearing under everything. I'm actually wearing 2 layers of spandex. The bottom layer is similar to that of a leotard and the outer layer is knit. The design on those seem to ALMOST give a nice under armor look. :p

27yr6on.jpg

And yes, the thigh pieces DO still need the inner pieces. I just haven't figured how to go about designing them yet. XD I'm thinking about using craft foam since I bought some BIG pieces just for that.

those look awesome, boots are definatley good, as for thigh piece go with the black craft foam because it works really well, and remains flexible and since its already black you don't need to paint them! i used thin black craft foam for mine cuz i has fat thighs haha.

HaloGoddess!

I just HAD to stop by and re-read your entire post.
Excellent work you have there!

I do like the new blue and the painting that you have done. Very professional looking and the weathering looks awesome.

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing complete and on you.

Cheers!

HaloGoddess!

I just HAD to stop by and re-read your entire post.
Excellent work you have there!

I do like the new blue and the painting that you have done. Very professional looking and the weathering looks awesome.

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing complete and on you.

Cheers!
hehe I was waiting to hear from you after I saw your comment on facebook. XD lol And thank you! I am feeling very good about the high possibility to have a completed costume After 2 years of being on this site! XD

Anyway, here is a sneak peak of what I am working on now. Hoping to get some finishing touches on the costume. :)

jkyjxj.jpg

Can you guess what it is? Shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. :p

Looks like the start of the back plates to me....this thing just continues to shape up great!!

-Matt

UPDATE:

Well, I WAS gonna try and make some sort of under armor around my stomach area, basically what timecon did for his Reach costume, but I don't have enough foam for it. Oh well, not too worried about that. I can always add that later. :p Since I can't do that, I might not bother with the spine plates either. I won't really have anything to attach them too! XD

I came across someone else's thread and asked about how he did the UNSC emblem on the chestplate. Turns out he made it and is making one up for me! :D That should hopefully be here by friday. I wanted to make sure it arrived in time for Halo-ween. hehe ^_^

I am NOT happy with the visor that I currently have, but since I am running out of time and can't find a visor I want and have it in time, I'm just gonna have to make do with what I got. :\

Still gotta get the inner thigh pieces put on. Will work on that the next time I have a day off work.

Started working more on the strapping since I had bought buckles and straps awhile ago.

STILL have NO gloves to wear! D: I COULD probably find some cheap, leather gloves, but I really like the gloves that I see most of the guys use that have padding on the fingers, but I don't know where to find them and they seem like they would be expensive! :(

That's about it for now. Got my fingers crossed for a good enough costume to wear on Halo-ween. Although I might just be sitting around the house. Don't have a car and my husband has to work so I will be stuck at home. :\ poo

If8Xs.gif
3WcCO.gif

A great pair of gloves that a lot of people use here on the forums (including I) can be found here. There pretty darn cheap too!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-FULL-...ltDomain_0&hash=item3a6b30c557#ht_3631wt_1185

OOOO!!!! Those do look pretty good, but I HIGHLY doubt they would arrive in time for Halo-ween. :( Also, those are pretty big for my little hands. They are roughly an inch too wide for my hands. I know I had some black winter gloves around here somewhere. I might have to use those for now until I can get something better.

OOOO!!!! Those do look pretty good, but I HIGHLY doubt they would arrive in time for Halo-ween. :( Also, those are pretty big for my little hands. They are roughly an inch too wide for my hands. I know I had some black winter gloves around here somewhere. I might have to use those for now until I can get something better.

These gloves originate from rap4.com, you can get them in small here. However, their sizes run about a size too big(I bought XL based on measuring my hand and I need Large), so the small is still probably a men's Medium. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back