Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but I wish. It's hard to see what they're supposed to be like in the video, since it's all "shaky-cam" and distant shots. But from one scene, I can go forward in saying I have the right measurements.

I'm going to take a break for a week or two, mainly because there are some other projects that I want to try and get done before then. But don't worry, I'll Still build the second gauntlet, but it'll only just be when I have more free time. And when the two weeks is up, I'll get back right on this.

Ok, I'm definitely following this thread as I'm currently in the middle of the same build using AndrewDFT's templates. Your armour's looking good mate.

Finished the second gauntlet and made it different from the first, mainly because the sheer difficulty the first one had with it's knobs and what-not. Glue-coated them both the second time last night and going to apply the third one today before priming it tomorrow.
IMG_6688.jpg
IMG_6687.jpg

I have primed the gauntlets, I will the paint them blue and and white accents. Will post pictures soon.

Applied the white accents, forgot the "Mk I" on it, but I can apply it on later. I'll send up the pics when I can. Now onto the final piece..........THE VISOR!!! XD

The visor is completed, I'm about to go get the cloths, add some padding in this, and I should be done! Yeah it's not pretty to look at, but that's why it's called a "Mk I."
IMG_7226.jpg
IMG_7225.jpg

Behold!.....the Finished product!
Left shoulder.jpg
Right shoulder.jpg
Full body 02.jpg
Full body.jpg
Ready for battle.jpg

Lessons: Need to use pepakura for other builds to have a clean, fitting suit. Use more detail to give suit more character; bullet holes, cuts, and other things. Learn more painting techniques to make the suit more realistic.

Kitsune Kon happened from July, 14th, 2018- July, 16th, 2018. And I got myself into some photo shoots with other cosplayers.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg
Needless to say, it was very fun time......very sweaty though. I needed to take break after a flight of stairs. So Punched some hole in the helmet, to help with airflow. And here's a funny story: I signed myself up for the Cosplay Contest, but because I arrived around 5:30pm, it was too late to be judged, so I was a exhibition, basically a person with the title "You didn't make the cut to be judged, but you can still sign-up for show and not competition." 5 minutes before I get up on stage, this piece in the center of my torso snaps in half.

IMG_7750.jpg
I mean, it was horrible, it was sticking out like a sore thumb, but luckily, my fore arms were large enough to conceal the piece and I managed to glue it on with some Cement glue. Why this happened was because of this.

ODST 02.jpg
Because the two straps where connected to the center piece, and the torso, it was pulling the little piece in half. And it didn't make it any better when the gluing substance I used was HOT-GLUE, not CEMENT GLUE. But I learned my lesson and will only use the stronger substance.

Last edited:
Kitsune Kon happened from July, 14th, 2018- July, 16th, 2018. And I got myself into some photo shoots with other cosplayers.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Needless to say, it was very fun time......very sweaty though. I needed to take break after a flight of stairs. So Punched some hole in the helmet, to help with airflow. And here's a funny story: I signed myself up for the Cosplay Contest, but because I arrived around 5:30pm, it was too late to be judged, so I was a exhibition, basically a person with the title "You didn't make the cut to be judged, but you can still sign-up for show and not competition." 5 minutes before I get up on stage, this piece in the center of my torso snaps in half.

attachment.php

I mean, it was horrible, it was sticking out like a sore thumb, but luckily, my fore arms were large enough to conceal the piece and I managed to glue it on with some Cement glue. Why this happened was because of this.

attachment.php

Because the two straps where connected to the center piece, and the torso, it was pulling the little piece in half. And it didn't make it any better when the gluing substance I used was HOT-GLUE, not CEMENT GLUE. But I learned my lesson and will only use the stronger substance.
Aw man...none of those pictures worked...:'(

Yes all pic working. Sorry about you suit malfunction.....and that you missed the competition.....live and learn. Great job though!!!! Looks like you had a great time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back