Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justanuthercap said:
Halogoddess, not sure if you have one up north where you are, but JoAnn fabrics also carry nylon strapping and the quick release plastic buckles. Just an idea.

Well, there IS a JoAnn fabrics nearby, but when I checked online to see what they sold in the store, all that stuff I found said ONLINE ONLY when I thought for sure I would be able to buy it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, strange. My local one has all the strapping in rolls in the sewing section, by all the "hardware" junk, like snaps and connectors other than buttons. The platic two push botton snap connectors are right there as well. Might be worth a try to take a look.

do you have an REI store nearby? Im sure they would have coils of strapping and buckles used for backpacking/hiking

Well, I decided to try and start getting my boots done. Right now I only have the one. :( I have SEVEN days to get this done and it is VERY cold right now and too cold to resin! :( *cry* It's going to be cold and rainy all week long. The weather will even be crappy on the day I go to the convention. :(

Anyhoo, here is what I did in the last 3 hours.

I painted my boot, cut the bottom and then tried it on to make sure it would fit before I finished it:

x2t8ww.jpg

And since it looked good, although it looked big and funny on my foot due to all that yellow, I went ahead and did the final work:

2dv7hid.jpg

oac67c.jpg

So now, I STILL need to rondo the thigh pieces, finish pepping/rondo/paint a forearm, rondo/paint the other forearm, paint the other boot and add the detail work to my bicep pieces. THEN I will still need to paint my chestpiece AND finish my helmet. :( My helmet isn't even resined yet. :( Right now, things are NOT looking so good and I am stuck working for the next 2 days.

HaloGoddess said:
Well, I decided to try and start getting my boots done. Right now I only have the one. :( I have SEVEN days to get this done and it is VERY cold right now and too cold to resin! :( *cry* It's going to be cold and rainy all week long. The weather will even be crappy on the day I go to the convention. :(

Anyhoo, here is what I did in the last 3 hours.

I painted my boot, cut the bottom and then tried it on to make sure it would fit before I finished it:

x2t8ww.jpg

And since it looked good, although it looked big and funny on my foot due to all that yellow, I went ahead and did the final work:

2dv7hid.jpg

oac67c.jpg

So now, I STILL need to rondo the thigh pieces, finish pepping/rondo/paint a forearm, rondo/paint the other forearm, paint the other boot and add the detail work to my bicep pieces. THEN I will still need to paint my chestpiece AND finish my helmet. :( My helmet isn't even resined yet. :( Right now, things are NOT looking so good and I am stuck working for the next 2 days.

Mothermolding chest right now, and if you can "Pass" on the busa helmet until your wedding I can send you one of my "child" sized dutch helmets for your con.

whats the rubber looking material you used for the bottom of the back part of the boot? I just finished redoing my boots and I want to add it.

BenStreeper said:
Mothermolding chest right now, and if you can "Pass" on the busa helmet until your wedding I can send you one of my "child" sized dutch helmets for your con.

I don't know why you keep bringing up the wedding, but this armor is NOT intended for the wedding. Never was. I am wearing a wedding dress that has Cortana's designs on it and my fiance is dressing as Master Chief. :p

My hayabusa was ONLY intended to wear to the convention and nothing more...........MAYBE for the release of Halo Reach, but that's it. After that, the armor will most likely sit and collect dust. :\

Liq said:
whats the rubber looking material you used for the bottom of the back part of the boot? I just finished redoing my boots and I want to add it.

It's craft foam! :pI used some super glue to hold it in place on the inner side of the shoe then used a glue stick to glue the rest of it around and I sort of pulled on it while I wrapped it around the bottom to make sure that it reached all the way around.

HaloGoddess said:
I don't know why you keep bringing up the wedding, but this armor is NOT intended for the wedding. Never was. I am wearing a wedding dress that has Cortana's designs on it and my fiance is dressing as Master Chief. :p

My hayabusa was ONLY intended to wear to the convention and nothing more...........MAYBE for the release of Halo Reach, but that's it. After that, the armor will most likely sit and collect dust. :\

It's craft foam! :pI used some super glue to hold it in place on the inner side of the shoe then used a glue stick to glue the rest of it around and I sort of pulled on it while I wrapped it around the bottom to make sure that it reached all the way around.

oops I thought you were gonna use it for the reception or something, Shame that it's gonna collect dust, I'm sure you can find some more uses for it.

Alright, well I got a shoulder piece fully completed, although, the center panel still needs some work since it keeps falling down and it's not sticking out how I want it. It's an easy fix. :p

242s7ee.jpg

nqti1d.jpg

2dl5efb.jpg

I used hot glue and a couple nails to hold those panel pieces to the shoulder piece. It works. :) The other shoulder is in the process of being finished now. I just have to finish painting up the panel pieces and then I can glue and nail them to the shoulder piece. :)

ArmouredApostle said:
How is your timetable looking? you gonna finish on time?

It's not looking like it. :( If I don't get this done for the convention, there won't be any other reason to ever wear this. I can't travel so it's not like I can go to other conventions, and I don't do anything for Halloween anymore, so yeah.......I will have no other purpose for this. :(

I still have shins to finish, thighs to finish (still don't know how to attach the laytex pieces), forearms to finish and a helmet to finish, oh yeah, and the other boot. So by the looks of things, I am pretty screwed........once again. Never did finish my ODST build either.

Well, it's been awhile since I've checked in on this thread. Looks like it's all coming together nicely. You shouldn't give up if you don't meet your intended time either. You've done too much good work to give it up. There's always next year you know and even if there isn't you should finish anyway.

Keep up the good work. :)

Here is more! I got the other shoulder done and THIS time, the hayabusa add on looks better on the right shoulder than it does on the left one.

10qyqon.jpg

ng7fb7.jpg

When I nailed on the very top panel pieces, I ended up having the nail poke through and barely poke my shoulder, but no worries. I will have my fiance cut the excess nail part off and then I will use some hot glue to cover it up. And once I get my straps and stuff, my shoulder pieces should fit nice and tight against my shoulder. :)

Looks good! The right does spread out better but you should be able to fix the left to match, I'd think! Also, don't give up! Anyone with a Halo tat couldn't just give-up!

Worst case, you could try to auction off the finished suit on evilbay or something.

Well, here is the news that everyone dreads to hear.................my costume will not be finished in time for the convention this sunday. It's going to be too cold and rainy all this week and I can't exactly sit in the rain and work on this stuff. I still need to resin, rondo and paint stuff...........NONE of which can exactly be done indoors, so yeah, I'm screwed. It would be nice IF I had a garage to work in, but I dont'.

This will now be my second unfinished costume and since I will have no other reason to wear this, I'm not sure how long it will take to finish it......IF I even decide to finish it. I kind of doubt that I would be able to get Kat's suit done in time for Halo Reach so I am not going to bother. Something always seems to backfire on me and since I don't exactly have a whole lot of money, I doubt I would be able to afford the stuff to make it anyway.

So I am a bit mad to have spent money that I don't really have to make this stuff to begin with. Oh well. Guess I'm not cut out for this sort of stuff. :\

Go find some plywood, make a decent sized box shed in your yard, and work on your armor! Where there's a will, there's a way!

HalogoddessChestcasting7.jpg

HalogoddessChestcasting6.jpg

HalogoddessChestcasting5.jpg

HalogoddessChestcasting4.jpg

HalogoddessChestcasting3.jpg

HalogoddessChestcasting2.jpg

HalogoddessChestcasting1.jpg

sent out today you will have it in the morning. uploading video now. :)

It needs paint, and a velcro strap, but other than that is ready to wear. The entire chest weighed in at less than 6lbs so it should be very comfortable to wear for long periods. Made of a mixed media casting, this chest piece includes Smoothcast 320, Smoothcast Roto, Fiberglass and Resin, Flex It 3 urethane foam, and Flex Foam X soft Foam. All but the fiberglass can be found at Reynoldsam.com. I also tinted the plastics and foams black so that no white will show anywhere on your armor. So no matter where you cut or sand you will still have black :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back