Haunted Pilot build/ Spartan III build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipod touch mounted inside of it, which will be plugged to a cable leading to speakers set in the back of my chest piece.

Very nice. What kind of speakers? I would assume you would have to add a battery extender to the iPod touch, or maybe mod the speakers.

I've stated this question before on here I believe. I don't know if i'm going to make it out of clay and mold and cast it to attach it inside the helmet or if i'll just wear a mask. I'm leaning towards the mask, because I want to make interchangeable visors.

Oh my bad...I'm obviously incredibly blind I went back through and saw where you said that sorry bout that...

Your chain gun is quite good! I believe that I have seen someone try to make on of these before and they used the mask method for the skull. It provided a very good effect, but depending on your visor, you might have to put some light in the helmet to see through the mirror coating, should you use on with such coating.

It was also suggested that you use dry ice for the haze effect, but that seems like a good way to get you killed!

I think it's a good size. I used the default size on my one. It looks like you did also. I dont know what they are talking about. lol. A little foam on he inside and your ready to go. I love the gun. Your doing a great job. Keep up the good work

I think it's a good size. I used the default size on my one. It looks like you did also. I dont know what they are talking about. lol. A little foam on he inside and your ready to go. I love the gun. Your doing a great job. Keep up the good work

Finally, someone who fully agrees. And it means that much more coming from my inspiration for this build. By the way, the material you use, and your attention to detail makes for a spot on build. Incredible job. Where do you get your material?

Hey man, I think this is coming along nicely & I'm with Nick Nack, the size of the helmet is fine. I will be following this thread. I really like the pilot. It may be my favorite helm. Good luck on the build!

Extremely late update. I've bondoed my pilot, and am getting ready for sanding. I did a sloppy job on the bondo, but hopefully my next update will improve on it. After all, bondo isn't supposed to be pretty, is it?

0_IMAGE_089.jpg

And here's what i'm shooting for:

Spartan.png

Dang, fantastic job so far man, everything is looking amazing!!!!! keep up the fantastic work =D

Dang, fantastic job so far man, everything is looking amazing!!!!! keep up the fantastic work =D

Thanks! I'll have an update today when I get home from school.

wow amazing work its really cool keep it up

Thanks man.

Your chain gun is quite good! I believe that I have seen someone try to make on of these before and they used the mask method for the skull. It provided a very good effect, but depending on your visor, you might have to put some light in the helmet to see through the mirror coating, should you use on with such coating.

It was also suggested that you use dry ice for the haze effect, but that seems like a good way to get you killed!

Haha. I don't wanna die. Hahaa. I doubt i'll try for a haze effect. It seems to difficult. And I won't be using a mirror coating. Just plain clear plastic.

Good job so far man!

Thanks man.

Update: Finished a shin and two grenadier knees. Working on another shin now. I'm building from the ground up:
0_IMAGE_092.jpg
\

I think it's scaled well. Not too sure though. I had to trim down the bottom of the shin, but I think the knees work for it. Let me know what you guys think.

Well, due to an extreme lack of update:

My helmet broke. The top caved in because the resin and bondo wasn't thick enough, so it fell of the table, and the top caved in.

But on the plus side, i've redesigned the character I want to build and here he is:

CQBSpartan.png

So far I have pepped:
Right Thigh
Both Shins
Both Knees
Chest
Security Chest add-on

In Progress:
Grenades

Sucks about the helmet it's a shame to see your work break, however it's good to see you posting again, thought you left the hobby!

Looks great, turret is amazin' (just like my horse) and all round you look like you know what you're doing unlike most of us here. Keep up the great work, and whenever something bad like that happens, it takes alot to get back up and keep working. Happy that you kept with it, and don't get discouraged, your work is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back