Hello, its me with my Halo Wars 2 Jerome MK IV Build

elNoX

Hello Everybode,

my Name is Nino and im from germany. My goal is it to have a perfect, 3D printed cosplay. I am currently working for about 1 year on my MK IV armor and slowly there are first showable probs. Ofc, im aware that perfection comes over time. So this surly wont be my last reprint of the shown.

Things that are missing:

-Left arm
-Vakuum forming the Visir
-Doing the undersuit (EAV or rubber molding)

The cokmmunity here allready helped me out with some ideas for the undersuit, which is for me the most complex thing. Ill post my updates here over the next months. My goal is to to be finished for the Gamescom 2024 in Kologne.

Cheers
Juli 23.jpeg

Looking good!! Can't wait to see more!!
Hit me up if you have any questions, I live and breathe Mk IV
Actually I think I wronte you once on insta some months ago :D Im a bit lost regarding the shoulders. Jerome has this round thing on the right shoulder. This seems to be just on top of the normal shoulder piece I geuss?

Last edited:
Some more Updates:

Currently I working on three secitons of the cosplay:

The visir:

Finally managed to get some nice vakuum formed visirs. I did some more in order to chose the most perfect one after I finished with coloring and chroming it.
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-09 at 15.43.57 (1).jpeg
The undersuit:
Ohh jesus. my most feared topic. I want to stick pretty close with the conzept art of Jerome. This inclueds a silverish / black hex-pattern all over the undersuit. Currenly im testing with spandex / PVC and EVA foam [2nd Picture] to get the best results. I also tested out some rubber casting for the neck piece. [Picture 3] Im not sure what it will be in the end. But im making progress :)

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-09 at 15.43.56.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-09 at 15.43.57.jpeg

The final Color

Currently searching for the perfect fitting color to match the HW2 vibes :)

Actually I think I wronte you once on insta some months ago :D Im a bit lost regarding the shoulders. Jerome has this round thing on the right shoulder. This seems to be just on top of the normal shoulder piece I geuss?
Sorry for not catching your message! I'm really bad at responding via Insta.
In the concept art for the Mk IV, this is absolutely the case, and it appears that the larger shoulder pad is mounted onto the normal one below it. I personally haven't done this, just to save on material and have more flexibility in the shoulder region.
Looking good so far! Very interested to see how the undersuit turns out, it's the bane of my existence as well.

Sorry for not catching your message! I'm really bad at responding via Insta.
In the concept art for the Mk IV, this is absolutely the case, and it appears that the larger shoulder pad is mounted onto the normal one below it. I personally haven't done this, just to save on material and have more flexibility in the shoulder region.
Looking good so far! Very interested to see how the undersuit turns out, it's the bane of my existence as well.
No Problem. You sure have a lot of requests on Insta :) Thank you for the hint. I will ask if I have more question :)

Update:

Now done with dyeing the visors. I used the iDye Poly in Golden Yellow.
I`ve made some more visirs just in case something doesnt work out. The next step will be the chroming of the inside. For that process I need to master the airbrush system I recently bought on ebay. So wish me luck!

Edit: You cant see it on this pictures but the termoforming process left a rough surface on the visirs. I wonder if it will be more visible after the chroming. From far away its not visible at all...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 09.15.13 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 09.15.13 (1).jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 52
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 09.15.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 09.15.13.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 52
You're doing very well from what I can see!

One tip I would have is to do a bit more welding on your thigh piece so there aren't any gaps without welds, I like to use the seam as a guideline to follow with my soldering iron, making deeper welds in the inside for added strength. It's small but should be just a bit more durable in the long run.

Best of luck! (y)

Hey ppl. Its me. The guy who started MK IV before it got hyped up in Infnite :D
I suffered a lot procrastination. I don’t now if you guys know this. You know exactly what the next steps are but you avoid doing them because you don’t have a perfect plan. In my case it’s the undersuit. I tried so many things (Rubber molding, EVA, Stretch etc.) and didn’t got a satisfying result.
Over that I forgot all the things that I already know how to do. One day a good friend gave me the advice:
Just do it. Even if you don’t know how to do it. You will learn mid process. The first version might look shitty. But at least you have one thing you can build up to.

Long Story Short. My current state;
Started to test out colors (RAL Design 110 70 20) to fit the HW Conzept art. Im not 100% satisfied with that one. Ill go a little bit darker. Whats your opinion? Also the color doesnt stick that well to my goundation. Ill try out some 2k transparent protection.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 10.48.53 (3).jpeg

Also I finally finished some visirs after I mastered the Air brush. My first was to heavy chrome painted. So I`ll went light on those. I can attach more if necessary later.
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 10.48.53 (2).jpeg

My Proper Helmet (the allready painted one is my prototype for display porpouse) gets assembled.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 10.48.53.jpeg

I finally did a Bulk system for my thights. its working perfect.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 10.48.52 (1).jpeg

My current Problem is about how to fix the shin pieces. I have no idea how to bring them on my leg and how to make it that they wont falling apart. Magnets wont be strong enough. Velcro maybe but I cant reach the insides I guess.
Anybody has a Idea?

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 10.48.52.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 10.48.51.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 11.03.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 11.03.06.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 19
You're doing very well from what I can see!

One tip I would have is to do a bit more welding on your thigh piece so there aren't any gaps without welds, I like to use the seam as a guideline to follow with my soldering iron, making deeper welds in the inside for added strength. It's small but should be just a bit more durable in the long run.

Best of luck! (y)
Hey. Thx for the hint. Im aware of that. I probably have to redo them bcs fitting might be not the best at the moment.

Okay. Allready back with some questions. Maybe some fellow MK IVs can help. How wide does the Breast Plate has to be? At the curent state I could hug anyone for example because of lacking movability. Also If I olace some Shoulder-Armor on my shoulder It would be pretty tight. My question: How close should the "strap" things be to my neck and how wide should be the chest-Protection?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 18.35.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 18.35.40.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 18.35.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 18.35.39.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 25
Hmmmm from my perspective the width looks good, although it would be nice to be able to reach infront if you. It looks like it closely matches this picture though.
IMG_3398.jpeg

I wish I was more familiar with the armour core.
I personally don’t make a mk4, so instead I will do my best to summon the king of mk4’s: OFiveTwo

Yours I quite tight to the neck as far as I can tell by your photos? How wide is your chest and how wide did you made the chest piece?
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED
I'll get my actual measurements to you later today, but I believe I kept the scaling at 100% for this! I'll verify that.

image0.png

As far as I can see, the chest piece looks to be a good size! MK IV is built like a truck, so don't be worried about it being too big, most of my across chest movement is elbows on.
I actually cheat a little bit with my straps, as you can see they angle in a little in the front! I've found that it helps with closing up the space, but still makes it easy to put your head through

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back