Help For An Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

espachigo

Alright,so im pretty dumb....so,i need help...i keep on seeing these color coded images of fold out armor pieses,which i would like to obtain,only i cant find them.I cant even figure out what they are.Im the kind of person who can do many interesting things with materials from a dumpster,such as my old stormtrooper armor,but at that i was able to look at an action figure and stormtrooper's armor isnt that detailed.I want to make a halo 2(or 3) armor,slightly changed.

I'm guessing your asking for Pepakura which is the paper fold up plan doohickys

just look it up on the forums there are a bunch of very useful threads

Ok

1. The color coded pieces your talking about are called Pepakura files or pep files for short. They are 3d models unwrapped with a program call Pepakura, it stands for paper craft in Japanese or something.

2. To get the 3d unfolded files you need to get the Pepakura program first. Google it. It is easy to find and you can get it free. Then you need to get the actual files of the 3d pieces you want to build. There are many places to look. The best is probably Halo Costuming Wiki which hold most of the halo files out there as well as a lot of great general information about the Whole Halo Armor Building World.

3. Due yourself a favor and look around the forums. . Check out the good old noob forum and the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor forum. People around here don't take kindly to those who don't even bother to read the stickies.

4. Stop calling yourself dumb it isn't necessity and read read read cause if you don't you won't get very far.

Good luck.

ok man. in the future, search the stickies, i learned that pretty fast. the stickies virtually have almost EVERYTHING u need to make yourself a set of halo armor. but ill be curtious and give you some know-how and some links :) the images u are referring to are formally known as pepakura. basic discription: someone makes a 3d model of a halo armor piece and then loads it into the program pepakura designer. then either they or someone else unfolds it so that you as a user can print out the 2-D pieces and cut them, fold them and glue them together. there is a more involved discription of pepakura within the forums, but im not going to repeat word for word what already exists here in the forums. you can search it if u want to know more. now, i'm going to post some links that will help you get around and make u more independent and less dependant so that, as doom put it, we don't have to hold your hand throughout the entire experience of you making your armor. We are here to point you in the right direction, not to give you a piggy-back ride to wherever you need to go :) Now, the links.

Pepakura Designer download page:

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

The files. At this page you will pretty much find all of the files you could ever need. They are small in size (MB) and are quick downloads:

http://halocostuming...kura_File_Index

You should have been a good noobie and read through the stickies, but thats fine. now, an item list from ithica:

http://405th.com/for...showtopic=15934

And for some basic know-how:

http://405th.com/for...?showtopic=3678

I pretty much handed u everything u need to know on a diamond-studded golden platter. in the future, simply look at the stickies and if you can't find what you need through that, then use the search feature located towards the top of the page with a yellow button that says "search" next to it. this website has over 3 years worth of threads and answers. whatever ur looking for is sure to be here. and then, if you really can't find it, there is a sticky with contact information for people who can help u out. There isn't really much more for me to say. Welcome to the 405th :)

first of all,thank you.

Second of all,now that ive asked my freind what a sticky is,ill look at those first from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back