"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm in the right thread...
I'm in need of a sound effects pack from Halo Reach. I'm trying to implement the use of a soundboard on my armor (disguised as a Tacpad), but I can't seem to find the sounds I need. I'm looking for sounds such as armor lock, shield recharge, active camo, drop shield, etc. Can anyone help me out?

I hope I'm in the right thread...
I'm in need of a sound effects pack from Halo Reach. I'm trying to implement the use of a soundboard on my armor (disguised as a Tacpad), but I can't seem to find the sounds I need. I'm looking for sounds such as armor lock, shield recharge, active camo, drop shield, etc. Can anyone help me out?
Do you by chance have bungie pro? You could do a custom game, and make all the armor sounds while in the game, then upload it to bungie.net, render it into an mp3, then cut into each sound and make it separate. It's a bit of work. The alternative would be to just do the sounds once again in a custom game, crank your speakers, and record each sound with your phone. I know lots of people are using their iphones,android phones to use as a TACPAD and you could use that if you happen to have one.
Hope this helps!

I do have Bungie Pro actually. However, since I'm in the middle of moving I have no internet here except thru my phone which is really slow, so I don't think Xbox Live will even work for me right now. I could wait to do that til later but me being eager wanted to see if anyone had them pre-made, no big deal.... :p Also, I plan on using an old DS with a flash cart and making a soundboard through the DSGameMaker software. Busted up ones are pretty easy to come by here, and I fix them up all the time. I figure I won't even need one with a working top screen since I'd just be bi-passing that anyway. I'll just gut it, and mount it. Anyway, thanks BlueSol.

On Evil FX's website, he prints it on the cardstock then covers it with a thick layer of clear resin.
I saw that, I've combed over his blog a number of times. However, I haven't got a lot of experience with resin outside of fiberglass resin, and I'm sure that fiberglass resin wouldn't look clear enough. Do you recommend a particular type or brand to get the job done?

Were can I find all the stuff I need for making armor

That's impossible to answer without knowing what you want to do and where you live. Please ask questions with enough detail if you expect answers. I also doubt that you aren't able to find a single item yourself, please do some searching on your own before asking at all.

I'm awful with computers and I was trying to change my profile picture and I can't figure it out and to get the saying under your post

I'm awful with computers and I was trying to change my profile picture and I can't figure it out and to get the saying under your post

Go to your settings, click "Edit Profile Picture", upload a picture and click "Save". Mind the size limitations.

The "saying under your post" is called signature. You can edit that in your settings as well.

I seen a similar question asked, but imlooking for a more definitive answer. I'm looking for a material to use like on the chestpiece at the arm holes to sorta "fill in" perhaps a latex based fabric or like a wet suit, foam might work but only as a last resort. If there is something like this, that I could get from a fabric/ craft store What would it be called? I'm also thinking of using it to kinda attach the shins to thighs, Bracers to biceps ect so a little mobility is a must, basically to fill in where there is no armor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I seen a similar question asked, but imlooking for a more definitive answer. I'm looking for a material to use like on the chestpiece at the arm holes to sorta "fill in" perhaps a latex based fabric or like a wet suit, foam might work but only as a last resort. If there is something like this, that I could get from a fabric/ craft store What would it be called? I'm also thinking of using it to kinda attach the shins to thighs, Bracers to biceps ect so a little mobility is a must, basically to fill in where there is no armor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately there is no one "definative answer" to this but there several possibilities. It depends on how much detail your looking to put into this section. The most common materials used that provide ample movement with strond detail is use pieces of leather or faux leather sewn into patterns and then attached to the joints. The best way I have found to attach the leather or straping to the armor is to use pop rivets and then bondo over the rivet heads to hide them. That takes a little planning but it is nice and secure over the long haul. As for the armpit area I would suggest some thin EVA Foam.

Having said that I wouldn't recommend joining the upper and lower portions of the arms and legs. It will make it more difficult to put on and secure in place and may not give you the right undersuit appearance.

A good place to look with nice visuals for inspiration when building any portion of the undersuit would be either Thorssoli's armor thread or Tsua-Mai's undersuit thread.

Thanks will check those out soon. I spent a few hours searching lastnight through many threads of other peoples wip's but had no luck, even a few undersuit tutorials.

Any suggestions on how to connect a front and back half of a chestpiece? I've searched several assembly guides, yet had no luck. I'm looking for an easy 1 man job, way to put it on.

Best option for connections that i've found here so far are to use either rare earth magnets or attaching webbing buckles. I'll be actually attaching the buckles during the fiberglass stage so I know they are secure.

Is there any helmets or otherwise that havent been modeled so far? What about high def?

I was thinking about picking up the old 3D stuff. Just wanna know where demand is high.

Thanks.

Thanks for the shout-out CoolC. :) Regarding my chest attachment method, yes it works very well and is very secure. However, it does require a helper to get in or out of it to access the buckles. If you really require the chest piece to be a one-man job (i.e. you), I'd suggest taking a look at Longshot-X's build in the Elite forum. I'm fairly sure he used large rare-earth magnets so he can put on or remove the chest piece by himself.

Is there any helmets or otherwise that havent been modeled so far? What about high def?

I was thinking about picking up the old 3D stuff. Just wanna know where demand is high.

Thanks.

As far as I know, there is no Security, Military Police, CQB, or CQC helmet from Reach. Also, a lot of the other armor attachments from Reach are missing, though I'm pretty sure some of them are being worked on. You could download the All-in-one Halo Pepakura pack and see what's missing from there. I would personally love to see the Reach Security helmet modeled, with the UA attachment.

Thanks for the shout-out CoolC. :) Regarding my chest attachment method, yes it works very well and is very secure. However, it does require a helper to get in or out of it to access the buckles. If you really require the chest piece to be a one-man job (i.e. you), I'd suggest taking a look at Longshot-X's build in the Elite forum. I'm fairly sure he used large rare-earth magnets so he can put on or remove the chest piece by himself.

As far as I know, there is no Security, Military Police, CQB, or CQC helmet from Reach. Also, a lot of the other armor attachments from Reach are missing, though I'm pretty sure some of them are being worked on. You could download the All-in-one Halo Pepakura pack and see what's missing from there. I would personally love to see the Reach Security helmet modeled, with the UA attachment.

But I have seen models of all of those. Except CQB, which might have been a H3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back