"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys i need help as i already made my halo helmet i got the helmet opening really small especially the width of it has 15 cm opening included. and for cutting the helmet opening to fit my head i must cut at least 18cm(it the witdh of my head including ear) I'm completly clueless making this as it already the 4th time and the width does'nt fit through me.
my scale
height:265
width:231
dept:342

Guys i need help as i already made my halo helmet i got the helmet opening really small especially the width of it has 15 cm opening included. and for cutting the helmet opening to fit my head i must cut at least 18cm(it the witdh of my head including ear) I'm completly clueless making this as it already the 4th time and the width does'nt fit through me.
my scale
height:265
width:231
dept:342

Which helmet file is it? The scale is kinda arbitrary without know what helmet it is, most helmets end up being in the 280 - 300ish range.

-Drew

mk vi flying squirel 。my head kinda small around 22 cm so i did'nt change the basic scale

I scaled the same file to 290mm, and it should be retry comfortably fit. The stock size of that file just seems too small. I'd try closer to 280 or 290, my heads fairly small as well.

Best of luck,
Drew

what are you using to assemble your pep? ive used some super glues before that had a mushy outcome after a while. but now i only use hotglue which works well. also make sure you are using card stock and not regular printer paper, the 65lb card stock is what i personally use. anyways i hope it turns out better for you! im working on my first set too so i know the stress >.<
Hi Everyone,

I would wondering if i could get some help with my pepakura. When I made my pep armor It kinda disintegrated on the corners, making it very flimsy and doesn't really look like its worth resining because if I'm going to spend all that money on resin, bondo and paint I want it to look better than a blob. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated as this is my first armor and I really want to get it right.

Thanks,
Darkjapan

I scaled the same file to 290mm, and it should be retry comfortably fit. The stock size of that file just seems too small. I'd try closer to 280 or 290, my heads fairly small as well.

Best of luck,
Drew
I do the process anyway and trim some detail. It fit right through my head although it's little too fit like my head size 18cm and it's on 18 cm too.but somehow after i resining giving two layer's (i cut the support after that) my helmet shape kinda shrunk and bad making the width 15 cm again.
DSC05364_zpsebf779be.jpg

from front it look normal
DSC05365_zpsf5296495.jpg

what are you using to assemble your pep? ive used some super glues before that had a mushy outcome after a while. but now i only use hotglue which works well. also make sure you are using card stock and not regular printer paper, the 65lb card stock is what i personally use. anyways i hope it turns out better for you! im working on my first set too so i know the stress >.<

I'm using paper glue .In my country most of material are hard to get so i must stick the cardstock with printed paper too make the prepakura.70g+160g

Unfortunately thats just one of the quirks of papercraft. Spending money we dont have to feed our (sometimes unhealthy) obsession of sticking various bits of paper together. When starting off, trial and error are sometimes all we have to guide us. The 405th keeps us pointed in the right direction. Good luck to all on their first builds.

Please could someone help? I am currently making two helmets, one is a practice just as my first armor piece and the other is legit. But I am having trouble gluing the pieces. Is there a certain method or process I should use? I just don't really have any idea where to start. Please if you could help that'd be greatly appreciated.

I'll offer this although i'm not the most experienced person at armor making: if you're having trouble I'd make sure you're using a pen or something to crease the folds, make sure you use minimal amounts of glue when connecting pieces, and if you're cuts aren't exact then pieces won't line up right. There's no exact procedure that I know of, just keep practicing and make sure you refer back to the 3d model on the computer often.

Please could someone help? I am currently making two helmets, one is a practice just as my first armor piece and the other is legit. But I am having trouble gluing the pieces. Is there a certain method or process I should use? I just don't really have any idea where to start. Please if you could help that'd be greatly appreciated.
Not sure what your gluing problem is but as far as where to start....start where ever. There is no set starting point. Most seem to do front back brim then top. As far as gluing could you be more specific as to what trouble you are having.

Personally, I use a specific type of super glue that has a solidish container so I don't over-squeeze it out. A simgle thin line across the middle of each piece is enough. Some people use hot glue, some use elmer's glue, some people even use scotch tape. It just depends on your preference.

There was a setting that was causing my lines to be thicker than usual. Had something to do with printing bitmap lines. Ill have a look tonight when i get home. Chase it down then repost what i find. If the answer is here already all good.

Hey guys I don't know if this has been answered yet but I've seen some of the elite guys doing this. Printing with the Mountain and valley folds different colors. I didn't see that option in the designer at all. Anyone know how they're doing this?

So i was using pepakura last night to print out files for a Grenade and a Marine helmet and the grenade printed fine but the lines to cut and fold seemed kinda faded but the side numbers turned out fine. then when i was printing the helmet files no lines printed but again the numbers and everything else printed fine any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back