"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help. I used to be a member, and i knew how to use pepakura, but i stopped for a long while, and now i came back to it and i'm clueless. I had an ncr ranger helmet file from fallout, and i scaled it perfectly, and put the scaling into pepakura, i set the paper setting to A4 because im using cardstock (atleast i think thats what u put, i dont remember) and it resized all the pieces, i moved them to where they fit on the pages, and i had colored the mountain and valley folds they way i wanted them, but when i printed it, the only thing that came up on the papers was the numbers, and the pieces seemed smaller than how i had scaled the to fit the pages, please help.
ok, i actually got the scaling wrong, and i re did it, and everything is fine now, but the pieces still seem really small, and the numbers on them are very small and hard to see

You can change the font (at least in pep designer) of the numbers under Settings -> Other Settings -> Others -> Font size of edge ID

If the pieces are small, the scale is still wrong. If you mean it is cut into too many individual pieces you can use the zipper tool in Pep Designer to re-attach pieces together, but don't go overboard with it as it can cause fold problems and overlaps.

So I seem to have come up with an impossible problem. I've been working on Pep'ing the H3_sniper_rifle_V2.2 file, unmodified in any way. And the large peice on page 36 does not match the scale of the rest of the pieces. And no, it's not a problem with the single page, because the 2 smaller pieces on the page, little curved bit, are the correct scale. I have no clue what is going on with this.

I'm new to pepping out weapons for halo and i am going to make a magnum but as far as the size go's what would be a good height to make a pistol i was thinking 6-7 inches tall but since this is a weapon and not somthing like a chest peice or helmet so any suggestions are welcomed. (if any at all on this haha)

So I seem to have come up with an impossible problem. I've been working on Pep'ing the H3_sniper_rifle_V2.2 file, unmodified in any way. And the large peice on page 36 does not match the scale of the rest of the pieces. And no, it's not a problem with the single page, because the 2 smaller pieces on the page, little curved bit, are the correct scale. I have no clue what is going on with this.

I'm taking a look at this right now. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Edit: Ok, I've got a solution. You're absolutely right, that piece IS in fact at a smaller scale than the rest of the model. However, when I undo the unfold, and redo it (setting the height at 350mm) the piece is suddenly the correct size. So, go ahead back into Pep Designer and undo the unfold, then redo it, like I did setting the height to 350mm, and print off only that piece to replace the piece you already printed that was too small. You can do this for any other piece that is out of scale as well, if there are any. Good catch, that's a very strange glitch.

I'm new to pepping out weapons for halo and i am going to make a magnum but as far as the size go's what would be a good height to make a pistol i was thinking 6-7 inches tall but since this is a weapon and not somthing like a chest peice or helmet so any suggestions are welcomed. (if any at all on this haha)

Are you planning on using a file that already exists? If so, then there should be no reason to re-scale it, since pretty much all the weapons that have been released for pep are already the correct size. If you are planning on using a pre-existing file, which one were you planning on, out of curiosity?

Are you planning on using a file that already exists? If so, then there should be no reason to re-scale it, since pretty much all the weapons that have been released for pep are already the correct size. If you are planning on using a pre-existing file, which one were you planning on, out of curiosity?

it is pre existing file, a magnum from the download heavy gunner put together with basically every halo pep you need in one zip folder and the height was about 11 to 12 inches which seemed a bit too big to hold comfortably and look proportional to the person holding it

it is pre existing file, a magnum from the download heavy gunner put together with basically every halo pep you need in one zip folder and the height was about 11 to 12 inches which seemed a bit too big to hold comfortably and look proportional to the person holding it

I know which one you're talking about. Yeah, that one is huge. I tried building that way back. I got the magazine pepped and looked at it oddly, then I cut out part of the grip and it hit me.

No offense to Heavy Gunner, but there are better files out there now. His is a half a decade old at this point. That long ago, there was not as much though put into how to pep weapons as there is now.

If you're willing to wait a day or so, I'm working on refining the unfold for the pistol I released a while ago, the M6X Multi-Pistol (link to the thread in my signature).

carpathiavh99, do the additional files that people such as yourself enhance and unfold make their way into the 4shared database, or do users need to manually hunt them down via searches through the forums? If they're not in the Halo pep file database, people could just take for granted that the files in the database are the only files "out there", not knowing that different or better (albeit subjective) files exist elsewhere...

carpathiavh99, do the additional files that people such as yourself enhance and unfold make their way into the 4shared database, or do users need to manually hunt them down via searches through the forums? If they're not in the Halo pep file database, people could just take for granted that the files in the database are the only files "out there", not knowing that different or better (albeit subjective) files exist elsewhere...

Yup, that is one of the many problems the admin staff is dealing with, and why there is still talk of a site upgrade. A new 405th pep files database and where/how to host it is being discussed, but as of now, this is still a problem. To my knowledge, MissingSpartan7 has not updated the 4shared database in some time, beyond adding more Halo 4 files. Some of the files from older games that are newly developed are being ignored because everyone wants stuff from Halo 4 (this kind of sucks for me since I still don't like the H4 armor and still love the armor/weapons from H3 and Reach; Bungie for life!).

So, as of now, the best thing to do is to search through the forums. I know that the search engine here in the forums isn't the best. It's the same way with every forum I've ever been a member of, though.

Same here - my son wants Master Chief from Halo 3, which (not having ever played any of the Halo games) I've identified as Mk VI armor. So far I've been using the HD files from the 4shared database (which includes their inherent unfolding errors). If you know of other H3 Mk VI files, can you advise on some search terms or post links? A search for 'mk vi pep files', for example, brings up everything from Pep Help threads to MC WIP threads...

Same here - my son wants Master Chief from Halo 3, which (not having ever played any of the Halo games) I've identified as Mk VI armor. So far I've been using the HD files from the 4shared database (which includes their inherent unfolding errors). If you know of other H3 Mk VI files, can you advise on some search terms or post links? A search for 'mk vi pep files', for example, brings up everything from Pep Help threads to MC WIP threads...

If you take a look at my build thread, the first page is dedicated to the build, in which I list who the creator of the files where. So, for example for the helmet, which was created by Flying_Squirl, go to Google and type in something like "Flying_Squirl Mk VI helmet" and that will lead you to a place to download the file. I feel that the files I used in my build are pretty much the top of the line Halo 3 Mk VI files, so it should be a good starting point.

In any event, searching for pep files using Google has always given me better results than searching here (unless of course I know where to look).

I already have your thread bookmarked. :) It looks like I'm already using many of the same files you used. There are differences between the pep details and various reference photos (there are differences between various references photos of the same armor!) so I was just curious if other versions of HD Mk VI files were scattered in the forum. Google keeps pointing me to the same files I've already downloaded, and other lower-detail files (not interested in). Thanks!

I'm taking a look at this right now. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Edit: Ok, I've got a solution. You're absolutely right, that piece IS in fact at a smaller scale than the rest of the model. However, when I undo the unfold, and redo it (setting the height at 350mm) the piece is suddenly the correct size. So, go ahead back into Pep Designer and undo the unfold, then redo it, like I did setting the height to 350mm, and print off only that piece to replace the piece you already printed that was too small. You can do this for any other piece that is out of scale as well, if there are any. Good catch, that's a very strange glitch.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot. Glad I decided NOT to recycle the rest of the sheets from that pep. Gonna finish up my test-fit chest piece first though.

Elmer's White glue is a popular choice (the only glue I use for pep). A lot also use hot glue or super glue, but there are a lot of problems you run into with both of those.

i use the uhu all purpose adhesive (smells funny). Only problems i've had when pepping is if I haven't used enough on a tab it may fold back and create a gap. It happens rarely for me, the glue is great though.

So I wouldn't be asking this if I didn't absolutely need help but I find I'm having trouble scaling my ODST torso. The file I'm using is modeled by Skullcandy girl and unfolded by 1ManBattalion. I've pepped it three times and every time it's not the right size. If anyone pepped the same file and find that it fits right I would appreciate if they could tell me their height and the height of the file you pepped after you scaled it. I measure 176cm and if someone gives me their height and the height of the pep then I can accurately find out what the size of my pep should be. Any help is appreciated.

There are a lot of issues with chest pieces. The most obvious is that people have drastically different torsos from each other. Some may have a long torso, thin body, short torso fat body, so it's very hard to nail down the scaling right. Some people have such oblong shapes they need to take the model to a 3d modeling program and stretch it one way or another to get a good fit.`

I've only ever failed with that file as well. I suggest looking at Hugh Holder's files for the ODST torso base and chest assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back