"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I suggest is.. if your head fits inside the helmet, but has trouble getting through the opening THIS IS NORMAL. The helmets are actually meant to be two parts (mask and back) that come together over the head and not slipped on, despite what the games show us.

If you want the best results, pep the neck hole as small as it goes, then fiberglass or rondo the inside, and THEN cut open the neck hole. This way it'll be more stable when it's still paper.
does this kind misfit commonly happen to other part? and i heard that we must cut the torso and Cod in half?

From what I've seen posted here, nearly everybody trims the neck opening so their head fits through - AFTER hardening but before detailing. If I go this route, I'll later reduce the opening back down using stretchable foam or rubber (neoprene, perhaps) so a head can still fit through but will preserve the correct neck opening size. The helmet will be the last piece I pep so I still have time for deciding whether to keep it one piece or split it. (Reference photos clearly show separation lines on the helmet, which can be either functional or just decorative in a costume.)

does this kind misfit commonly happen to other part? and i heard that we must cut the torso and Cod in half?

Yes, the cod and torso get split. Possibly the forearms and shins as well, if you want totally accurate openings when wearing it.

hope this is the right thread :D occasionaly when printing in pepakura, the pages i print only print the numbers of the edges and leaves out the outline of the pieces entirely! :confused what on earth fixes this cos last time it happened all i did was close/reopen pep and it was fine. not this time though :(

hope this is the right thread :D occasionaly when printing in pepakura, the pages i print only print the numbers of the edges and leaves out the outline of the pieces entirely! :confused what on earth fixes this cos last time it happened all i did was close/reopen pep and it was fine. not this time though :(

:edit: Sorry for the double post but i fixed the problem mins later :p i set the transparancy 1 lvl over and it fixed itself. odd but worked.

sorry 405th,
jimmay

hope this is the right thread occasionaly when printing in pepakura, the pages i print only print the numbers of the edges and leaves out the outline of the pieces entirely! what on earth fixes this cos last time it happened all i did was close/reopen pep and it was fine. not this time though

Try going into Print and Paper settings and switch between "Vector" and "Bitmap" or vice versa.

I need help I downloaded the pepakura viewer and designer and every time I try to print my printer doesn't do anything. The print screen comes up and ask print all or pages and I've tried both but after that it just disappears and if I hit the printer picture at the top nothing. Now I just learned I had to get the designer to change the size but is there a way to save or print with it that I don't have to spend 38 dollars??? I'm trying to make my first halo armor and don't have a lot of money to buy programs. Thanks a lot for any response!

Hello guys, I have NO experience with any pepakura software, I am trying to print the pieces out to begin but the most important file I need isn't unfolded. This is the link, http://www.4shared.com/file/Y0fmSQ4K...T45d_PEFI.html the one I need help on is the helmet. I am not very "software savvy" and the file looks really complex to unfold compared to other files I have found. How would I even begin or does anyone have an unfolded version of this?

I need help I downloaded the pepakura viewer and designer and every time I try to print my printer doesn't do anything. The print screen comes up and ask print all or pages and I've tried both but after that it just disappears and if I hit the printer picture at the top nothing. Now I just learned I had to get the designer to change the size but is there a way to save or print with it that I don't have to spend 38 dollars??? I'm trying to make my first halo armor and don't have a lot of money to buy programs. Thanks a lot for any response!

It sounds to me like it's more of a problem with your printer connection. I've never had this problem with Pep Designer. Also, with Designer, unless you have the key, you cannot save or export. If you intend to make multiple copies of a file (ie. handplates, gauntlets, etc), then you can print to PDF so you have it for later.

Hello guys, I have NO experience with any pepakura software, I am trying to print the pieces out to begin but the most important file I need isn't unfolded. This is the link, http://www.4shared.com/file/Y0fmSQ4K...T45d_PEFI.html the one I need help on is the helmet. I am not very "software savvy" and the file looks really complex to unfold compared to other files I have found. How would I even begin or does anyone have an unfolded version of this?

...invalid link.

Thank you ill look into it, so far the only way I've been able to print anything is copy and paste to paint and paint sucks. I printed my halo gloves which size doesn't matter cause they fit on top of my hands but as far as the rest of it I'm screwed cause it does have to fit. Thanks again.

I know how to download and open pepakura files but i need help with what to do from there. Can someone pls give me help or a link

What specifically do you need help with? Scaling? Printing? Building? If all of the above, take some time to sift through the forums; read the stickies, do some research. Ask questions, but don't expect to be spoon fed the information. In other words, spend some time looking at what others have done and what information is readily available.

I still can't figure out the printer problem, every other thing on my computer prints; word,paint, I mean everything but pepakura viewer or designer. I haven't purchased rights to either but was lead to believe I didn't have to. I do construction for a living so not alot of computer intelligence. I was lead on this path from my love of comics and games and would honestly love nothing more than my own suit but god knows I've come to a cross road I can't get around alone, if anyone has anymore computer or pepakura based tips please PLEASE advise. Thank you

I still can't figure out the printer problem, every other thing on my computer prints; word,paint, I mean everything but pepakura viewer or designer. I haven't purchased rights to either but was lead to believe I didn't have to. I do construction for a living so not alot of computer intelligence. I was lead on this path from my love of comics and games and would honestly love nothing more than my own suit but god knows I've come to a cross road I can't get around alone, if anyone has anymore computer or pepakura based tips please PLEASE advise. Thank you

You don't need to purchase the key to print, just to save and export.

This may seem like a simple question, but do you have the correct printer selected in Pepakura Designer?

:) I also thought this after a couple try's but I do have the correct printer. I told myself before I checked it that if I had the wrong printer selected i may not have what it takes to do this. Finally I think I've decided god doesn't want me to have halo armor. Maybe he's afraid I'd use it for evil, which I might... But if I do some how figure this out or maybe find a friend with the courage to let me use his printer I swear to all to use it for good!

Ha! This may sound drastic, but it's helped with other problems in the past. Try uninstalling and reinstalling designer. There are a few glitches that pop up every once in a blue moon that requires this action. If it still does it after that, I'll ask for screen shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back