"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you,

I actually thought I edited my post as I posted the same question else where. Didn't want to do an annoying double post. Ooooops

Hey I'm not new to Pepakura, but recently I've had a problem I've never seen before and can't seem to figure out what's causing it. Every time I go to print out a piece, the printer will get to page 9 or 10, and then suddenly will stop printing faces and will only print edge ID's. This has been going on for about a month and I've gotten around it every time by just clicking every option available until it works, but the same option doesn't always fix it, it just seems to be a random glitch. I've reinstalled Pepakura, my print drivers, and reset my printer. Like I said I've gotten around it every time but right now I'm trying to print out the Iron Man helmet test file and it got to page 9 and won't print page 10 no matter what I do. I've searched for this problem in Google and I'm not alone in this area, but I've tried every suggestion that's been put up and nothing has worked. Anybody have any idea what it could be? Thanks in advance.

So after printing my .pdo file to PDF then bringing it to work this morning to print off, all the lines are blurry and I can't tell if its a valley or mountain lines. Is this because of printing it off to PDF it caused it to lose quality or would it be because it is not a great quality file to begin with?

Hey I'm not new to Pepakura, but recently I've had a problem I've never seen before and can't seem to figure out what's causing it. Every time I go to print out a piece, the printer will get to page 9 or 10, and then suddenly will stop printing faces and will only print edge ID's. This has been going on for about a month and I've gotten around it every time by just clicking every option available until it works, but the same option doesn't always fix it, it just seems to be a random glitch. I've reinstalled Pepakura, my print drivers, and reset my printer. Like I said I've gotten around it every time but right now I'm trying to print out the Iron Man helmet test file and it got to page 9 and won't print page 10 no matter what I do. I've searched for this problem in Google and I'm not alone in this area, but I've tried every suggestion that's been put up and nothing has worked. Anybody have any idea what it could be? Thanks in advance.

I know this won't fix the issue but have you tried to print from the last page your printer stopped at? i.e in the printer settings you type in print pages 11-22.

So after printing my .pdo file to PDF then bringing it to work this morning to print off, all the lines are blurry and I can't tell if its a valley or mountain lines. Is this because of printing it off to PDF it caused it to lose quality or would it be because it is not a great quality file to begin with?

May have something to do with compression. See if there are any options about image or compression quality in your PDF creation thingy. You can also open the PDF right there on your computer to check if the quality improves, no need to print it first. If the PDF is fine (zoom in!) and the printout isn't, then it has something to do with the printer or the printing setting you use.

May have something to do with compression. See if there are any options about image or compression quality in your PDF creation thingy. You can also open the PDF right there on your computer to check if the quality improves, no need to print it first. If the PDF is fine (zoom in!) and the printout isn't, then it has something to do with the printer or the printing setting you use.

Thanks for the advice.

I will play around with it when I get home. The edge ID prints out perfect just not the lines so im scratching my head on really what it could be. Maybe the compression, def not the computer. You could pretty much print money off this thing lol

I know this won't fix the issue but have you tried to print from the last page your printer stopped at? i.e in the printer settings you type in print pages 11-22.

Yeah, I always do, or at least have since I tried reprinting the whole thing over twice and realized it cut off at the same point every time. It doesn't matter where I start it, it's always pages 9 or 10 and upwards that just decide to stop working.

.. I've tried every suggestion that's been put up and nothing has worked. ...

Then I'm not sure how we can help, but here is what's worked for me:

First, try printing one page at a time. For some reason, this solves a lot of problems with Pepakura. If the program starts printing
all black pages, or just the edge ID's (the numbers) here are the printer settings that solved that problem for me:

Under "Settings" click "Print and Paper Settings"
Leave the default the way it's been working for you, but select:
"Print Lines Smoothly (Bitmap print)"; and
"Transparency" to 0%.
If that's the way you already have it, try the opposite, then close and restart the program.

hey i am making a set of armour from reach and having a headache with the pep files. i am 6'5 and getting a headache when i try to scale the parts i have found for me, when i make the forearms and calf pieces they are way too wide... anyone know how to resize one dimension of a pep file but keep the others? i.e. stretching the file?

i just made one forearm with the right length, but with my arm in it it is at least an inch gap all round... i was thinking of extra padding till i realised it would just mae me look like popeye...

i have seen issues with this sort of issue with other apps, normally i can clear it with removing the pepakura program and the printer drivers, rebooting and then reinstalling the latest versions from both the pepakura site and the printer manufacturer's website... might help

anyone know how to resize one dimension of a pep file but keep the others? i.e. stretching the file?

That's impossible with a Pepakura file, you could only do that with the model and then re-unfold it.

You can also try cutting a piece of the paper model away to make it narrower.

hey i am making a set of armour from reach and having a headache with the pep files. i am 6'5 and getting a headache when i try to scale the parts i have found for me, when i make the forearms and calf pieces they are way too wide... anyone know how to resize one dimension of a pep file but keep the others? i.e. stretching the file?

i just made one forearm with the right length, but with my arm in it it is at least an inch gap all round... i was thinking of extra padding till i realised it would just mae me look like popeye...

Like Ventrue said, you can't do that otherwise it would ruin the proportions of the piece. But don't worry, that's how everyone's Mark VI forearm turn out. As long as they are scaled properly to the length of your forearm, you'll be fine. Yes, you will have to use a lot of padding to get it to fit snug.

Remember that the Pepakura models are based on the in-game models, and The Chief's body dimensions are a little weird. They had to take some creative liberty to make him look good in the armor suit. If you take a close look at his body shape under the armor, he's a pretty thin guy with huge arms, and a tiny waist and thighs.

But don't worry, that's how everyone's Mark VI forearm turn out.

Since he said "from Reach", I was assuming this is about a Mark V. If it is indeed a Mark VI, you can try Halogoddess's female pieces, they're a little slimmer (and easier to build, too, because they're unfolded really well).

Since he said "from Reach", I was assuming this is about a Mark V. If it is indeed a Mark VI, you can try Halogoddess's female pieces, they're a little slimmer (and easier to build, too, because they're unfolded really well).

Oops, you're right! I suppose the point still stands: we're trying to make wearable armor based off physically idealized video game characters, so things might not fit perfectly, especially considering all the different sizes and shapes of people who build their own armor. :)

Hey Folks... I could use some help. I was printing off my right shin today and something really weird happened. The first 6 pages printed just fine and the last page was this:

100_3832.jpg

I tried reprinting the page but it just did it again... so I tried another printer. Same thing. Then I tried to print a different piece- it still did the crazy print thing! It's eating all my ink!

I tried switching the line print setting thing from bitmap to vector (because fiddling with that usually changes any issues I'm having with printing) but no change. Any suggestions? I can't afford to keep printing test pages, ink's wicked costly!
I'd really appreciate any help or input you guys could give!

Like Ventrue said, you can't do that otherwise it would ruin the proportions of the piece. But don't worry, that's how everyone's Mark VI forearm turn out. As long as they are scaled properly to the length of your forearm, you'll be fine. Yes, you will have to use a lot of padding to get it to fit snug.

Remember that the Pepakura models are based on the in-game models, and The Chief's body dimensions are a little weird. They had to take some creative liberty to make him look good in the armor suit. If you take a close look at his body shape under the armor, he's a pretty thin guy with huge arms, and a tiny waist and thighs.

Normally i would agree, but there is near enough room for my other arm in there too lol found a different arm piece in the end, the Ruze789 unfolded by benstreeper. better proportions and better piece in general, more smoothed so less work with the car body filler...

Hey Folks... I could use some help. I was printing off my right shin today and something really weird happened. The first 6 pages printed just fine and the last page was this:

100_3832.jpg

I tried reprinting the page but it just did it again... so I tried another printer. Same thing. Then I tried to print a different piece- it still did the crazy print thing! It's eating all my ink!

I tried switching the line print setting thing from bitmap to vector (because fiddling with that usually changes any issues I'm having with printing) but no change. Any suggestions? I can't afford to keep printing test pages, ink's wicked costly!
I'd really appreciate any help or input you guys could give!

was the different printter connected to the same pc as the first or another when you tried it? if it was an entirely different pc and printer doing the same, the file may be corrupt. if it was the same pc for both try this: i find it is best to uninstall pepakura, uninstall the printer, reboot the pc and then reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. fixes 9 out of 10 printing headaches.

Hey My question is, I have some pep files to get started, but the edges for folding etc arent numbered. Is there a file pack thats available with this? I hope so because thats my only delema to getting started. :)

Hey My question is, I have some pep files to get started, but the edges for folding etc arent numbered. Is there a file pack thats available with this? I hope so because thats my only delema to getting started. :)
All files have their edge IDs:

2D Menu --> Show EdgeID

Wow i feel horribly dumb for that now lol new program, new user to it. thanks! haha ^__^;

also, now that i have an edge id showing, its super small and faint o_O trying the whole reach magnum build..but scaling must be different for weapons versus armor yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back