"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys im new here and want to make a pepakura halo helmit i downloaded pepakuradesigner and the design i want to use but in dont know how to measure my head to set the scale i tried to look around but i didnt see a post with my question any help would be appritiated

hey thanks man i kept looking after i posted that and found that tut by halogodess im just not use to the forum its a lil diffrent to browse than wut im use to

Hey all,

As a complete noob it is all very overwhelming the amount of information on this forum. It is hard to find the simple things so I am posting here, sorry if it is in the wrong spot.
I have just finished assembling my pepakura storm trooper helmet and I am not sure what step I move on to now. Could someone please lay down the steps of construction for me? I am sure I will be able to find the information once I know what I am looking for :)

1. Pepakura
Wear it

(Waits for impending joke about 1.steal underpants 2... 3.Profit)

hey, i'm a mac user and dont have windows so what could i use to do pepakura files

If you want to do Pepakura you will have to become a Windows user as well. Aside from getting or emulating Windows, there is nothing you can do to make Pepakura Designer work.

hey guys i need to know how to save pepakura so it doesnt lose its size and shap i have to save it and get it to a printer either by email or with a thumbdrive

Can someone recommend a good, cheap printer that will print on 200gsm cardstock? Am based in the UK.

You can find the specs for pretty much any printer online, so just go and see what paper weights your favourite model (or the cheapest one you can possibly find :)) supports. Unofficially you can usually push it a little higher than what the specs say, at least for occasionally printing Pepakura. For example, my Photosmart C4180 prints onto 250 g/m² without problems, although the official specifications allow only 90 g/m² for A4 paper and 236 g/m² for small formats like photo paper.

hey guys i need to know how to save pepakura so it doesnt lose its size and shap i have to save it and get it to a printer either by email or with a thumbdrive

You need to buy Pepakura Designer to save your files.

i downloaded pepakura i just dont know how to save it to scale and email it to scale

I didn't say "download", I said "buy". The program is shareware and not being able to save is one if the limitations of the un-bought version.

Edit: What you can try is printing into a PDF or something like that and taking the PDF to get it to your printer.

i downloaded pepakura i just dont know how to save it to scale and email it to scale

There are two programs you can use to view and print out pepakura models (PDO files). These are Pepakura VIEWER and Pepakura DESIGNER. Both are free to download. With the VIEWER you can only look at and print out the files to the scale they were originally designed to be at. The DESIGNER program allows you to alter the scale and alter how the model is unfolded but in order to save your work you must purchase a password from Tama Software.

For more info please click on the 'Buy Password' link on the Pepakura Designer website (http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/).

i have pepkura designer 3 and a password and i saved my scale but it can only be used on the pepakura i dnt know how to send it to a printer so they can print it for me

ive tried to copy and past but it puts it all on one page and relly small

Is there a way to print the pep files on a different computer? I don't have a printer right now at home, was wondering if there is a way I could print them at work without having to download Pepakura Designer on my work computer. The government computers won't allow me to have any fun!

Is there a way to print the pep files on a different computer? I don't have a printer right now at home, was wondering if there is a way I could print them at work without having to download Pepakura Designer on my work computer. The government computers won't allow me to have any fun!
Print your files as PDFs and then take it to your other computer for actual printing on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back