Hidden Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tango 89er said:
http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/p-3450-altair-vambraces.aspx

The leather looks suspiciously similar. I call foul

"If that is true, then your declaration of Shenanigans is just. *raises his baton and points it at the OP* What do you have to say, Tanman117?"

Seriously though this doesn't look right, care to explain the apparent similarities between your "scratch built" piece and the previously mentioned store bought one? Keep in mind self crediting anothers work (even something mass produced) is a bannable offense...

Last edited by a moderator:
comingout.png

-Loki

It was actually pretty simple: first i got the brace designs off of google images and sized them in MS word to what would be the appropriate size for my arm. then, i printed them off on cardstock, backed it w/ cardboard and laminated it. i then connected them all w/ straps of leather and attached them to a baseball sock id cut up to fit my forearm and also decorated with stuco leather. after that i got some drawer runners and sheet metal. i cut a blade dezign out of the sheet metal along with cover to hold the drawer runers in place.after that was all super glued together (and i messed w/ the drawer runners so they'd stop after about 4in) i polished all the metal so it looked atleast a little shiny. after all that i went through various tests to see how it worked and how much it could take physically, i concluded it done and left it at that. :D

btw im only 13 and literally have no cash/paypal account to pay for that, plus i didnt make a glove, but that would make a nice addition...

didnt thnk id have to go this far with a groupof grown men but heres a close up so you can see some of its workmanship flaws, proof a professional couldnt have done it, also my braces are different and spaced out further.

btw im only 13 and literally have no cash/paypal account to pay for that, plus i didnt make a glove, but that would make a nice addition...

didnt thnk id have to go this far with a groupof grown men but heres a close up so you can see some of its workmanship flaws, proof a professional couldnt have done it, also my braces are different and spaced out further.

Tanman117 said:

Tanman117 said:
from the back with the blade off

part of the label on the cardboard bc the cardboard is used our new blenders box

now i not only bc i had to sit down and prove that to you ppl IVE got to sit down and spend what might be ANOTHER 3 days putting the blade back on or possibly making a new one! :( :angry :eek and for the record dont you EVER EVER EVER EEEEEVVVEEERRR CALL ME A DISGRACE TO THE 405TH!!!! I WORK FRIGGIN HARD ON ALL MY THINGS WITH THE HOPE OF CONSTRUCTIVE CRICTISIMS NOT FALSE ACCUSATIONS!!!! REMEMBER THT PIPBOY!?!!? THAT WAS MADE BY HAND TOO AND IT TURNED OUT FINE!!!! (picture in case you forgot!!)

[attachment=13859:2009-12-06 10-37-51.929.jpg]
Tanman117 said:
now i not only bc i had to sit down and prove that to you ppl IVE got to sit down and spend what might be ANOTHER 3 days putting the blade back on or possibly making a new one! :( :angry :eek and for the record dont you EVER EVER EVER EEEEEVVVEEERRR CALL ME A DISGRACE TO THE 405TH!!!! I WORK FRIGGIN HARD ON ALL MY THINGS WITH THE HOPE OF CONSTRUCTIVE CRICTISIMS NOT FALSE ACCUSATIONS!!!! REMEMBER THT PIPBOY!?!!? THAT WAS MADE BY HAND TOO AND IT TURNED OUT FINE!!!! (picture in case you forgot!!)

and at tht i here by FORBID NAGA to comment on my things all they are are accusations. GOOD DAY TO YOU SIRS, MADDAMS, AND FOR EQUAL RIGHTS REASONS, HE-SHE's AND SHE-HE's!!

[attachment=13859:2009-12-06 10-37-51.929.jpg]
Tanman117 said:

and at tht i here by FORBID NAGA to comment on my things all they are are accusations. GOOD DAY TO YOU SIRS, MADDAMS, AND FOR EQUAL RIGHTS REASONS, HE-SHE's AND SHE-HE's!!

Wow, cool down there buddy. Nobody's going to cut you any slack if you keep flipping out instead of civilly discussing things and actually using the edit button. You got an Overpost and Postacular, and that's NOT a good thing.

looks good, but you are making a grave error by posting, and posting, and posting. I think you currently hold the records for the most posts in succession. I understand you want to protect your work, but lets be nice! its better for the community as a whole if we work things out, and dont "forbid" people to post. good luck with putting the blade back on.

thx lol know i gotta go through the whole leather strap and super glue thing again which as better costume makers then i you know that NEVER fun! but i guess i did go a bit over board lol i did like 10 posts ina row. :p

Tanman117 said:
srry man but im gettin pretty tired of these guys thinking i couldnt do something just bc i did it quick >:/

1. Use the edit button, don't post multiple replies in succession.

2. Don't flame or "forbid people to post". Use the report button if you think someone has broken the rules and the mods will take care of it.

3. When a moderator asks you to explain the similarities between your piece and someone else's piece, the most logical idea is to explain it in a civil manner, if for nothing else than your reputation.

Follow that and you shouldn't have any more problems with members here. If you do, report their post and karma will catch up to them.

btw way guys i may not be on the forum for periods at a time now bc im about to start the ENTIRE ezio costume w/ the help of my sisters lol (they're rly good at sewing) and to give you a rough idea this time around as to what we'll use: buisness shirt w/ puffy sleeves, sheet metal, cardboard, some leather, a cheap white hoodie (which we will mutilate), brown cargo pants, black tennis shoes, black tape, satin blanket :eek, and these metal hoop things about 3in in diameter i found in the garage :pwish the 3 of us luck!!! ps we may add more.

I went ahead and deleted my post earlier in which I stated my conclusion that this was a fraud. While I recognize that I was incorrect, I stand by the logic that led to the conclusion I jumped to, given the circumstances. Believe, me - I am fully aware of the gravity of such an accusation, and I would never toss it around lightly. I'm happy to admit that I was wrong, and I'm truly glad that I was.

Now that you posted more pictures, it's plain to see what it is you did - both the timeline and the prop itself make a lot more sense. So, for the record, I apologize for any distress my comment caused you. However, you should certainly learn from this experience the importance of being descriptive, explanatory, and providing good pictures to go along with your comments/threads. Otherwise, it's very easy for people to draw the same conclusions that were drawn in this case - as mistaken as they were. Had you shown these more recent pictures originally, I can guarantee that nobody would have accused you of anything. When you provide only what you did... well... you saw what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back