How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of those who join when there was about 200-500 members. But i found this site when looking for some prop builders that made halo armor. Then i cam across http://www.mjolnirarmor.com/ looked like a good website, so i searched around and found the forum. Been here ever since!!

I found the site just by searching on YouTube for Master Chief armor and Elite armor and some how found my way to Pepakura MC tutorials, and of course that lead me here to the 405th. When I first found it all I thought it was was people just showing off their armor, but after i kept seeing it over and over on youtube and google; i read further and found all the tuts.

I fortunately stumbled upon this site after simply googling mjolnir armor, and thus found mjolnirarmor.com which led me here. the gods smiled upon me that day...

I learned of this site from thorssoli's post on the Replica Prop Forum. I had heard of Pepakura before but after reading thorssoli's thread I was intrigued about the process. I've always been a fan of the Master Chief though I don't play the game so I decided to stick around and learn more about the armor.

I had been googling for sites that created or sold Halo themed armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I was searching for pepakura. Then naturally google popped up with a crap ton of 405th forum pages. sooo yeah that about covers it?

i found this place back when it was Mjolnir armor.com and what i did was search halo suit like i do whenever i get bored and want to learn how to make one nad i found mjolnir armor looked in cardboard and pepakura then learned what pepakura was and the rest has become a school project and graduated

I found pepakura a while ago and started to make a mark VI helmet out of paper which is now finished (check out my youtube for a how to video) and will (this helmet is test only btw) papier mache it and paint it a few times until I am good at it. Then make the helmet again using card, papier mache and paint. Then finally one from card, resin/fibreglass coat it and metallic paint it. If this goes well I will make the rest of the armour and make myself a suit (I am already making weapons too).

Oh yeah, I found this site on youtube after seeing 'dedicated to the 405th' by GameTavern!! That armour is L337!!

SparTom007 said:
I found pepakura a while ago and started to make a mark VI helmet out of paper which is now finished (check out my youtube for a how to video) and will (this helmet is test only btw) papier mache it and paint it a few times until I am good at it. Then make the helmet again using card, papier mache and paint. Then finally one from card, resin/fibreglass coat it and metallic paint it. If this goes well I will make the rest of the armour and make myself a suit (I am already making weapons too).

Oh yeah, I found this site on youtube after seeing 'dedicated to the 405th' by GameTavern!! That armour is L337!!

Welcome to the site, and to answer your sig's question, go to photobucket.com and start an account. Also, resize your picture and maybe change your avatar. It's not really appropriate for these forums. I know you're new, so I'm not being hard on you. The last thing I want is for a new member to get banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on google looking searching for pics of armor after one of my friends showed me a pic of someone's on ebay (probably adams armor) then i happened to come across pics of some armor (was adams armor) leading me to 405th.

Well, first off, glad you have this site, I am really hoping to learn some good skills from here.
I found it by searching Halo Props a few months ago. I decided to finally try my hand at it.

Sorry to say it, but I can't remember.

I've been coming here off and on since the 405th started, I just never signed up until I saw a combat knife stab through a refrigerator door and had to give my congrats.

Found out from Halo.Bungie.com when they featured someone making a scout helmet. And from paper, which gave me interest and blam! Here I am up to my neck with pepakura things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back