Hyper's Noob Foam Reach Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like your helms dude!!!!! Anywhoo, you should put together kits of your decals and offer them up, I know I would get some...lol.

Great work Hyper!

I would make decal kits up, but its a pain to find all the decals and most of the time when I do they are off a screen shot which means I have to go into photoshop and doctor them up, if anyone is making the same helmets that I have already made them for they can get ahold of me if they need some decals, and don't worry the EOD im putting together for you will come with decals on it but you don't get to see it till its done lol

Thanks everybody for all the comments, Now I just need to get this foam build finished

Ok now that im pretty much finished with my Halo 4 helmet now I can get this foam build finished, all I have left to make is the boots and hand plates, I am trying to finish this all in a week so I can wear this suit to MegaCon

Im posting pics of the chest piece that I painted today, I know its not that great but im new to this foam stuff. I still need to battle damage and weather the armor so its shiney I will take care of that in a few days and seal it with a flat clear, all I have is pics of the chest piece at the moment, Im going to try a post pics of the other parts tomorrow some are still in need of painting

Also incase anyone is wondering I did copy how Nick Nack Patty Wack made the neck seal except I didn't glue pieces of foam around the neck seal I used a soldering iron to make the lines because I hate cutting out those little pieces in foam also I got the same results

Let me know what you guys think

DSC05155.jpg

DSC05161.jpg

The Back
DSC05159.jpg

also I have leds for the suit so hopefully I can get those installed in time

Finally an update! Slacker...lol. J/K, you're doing a great job on this. It's crunch time for the both of us now. Neck seal looks good BTW!

You do really good foam work hyper, especially for being so new to it. Also, the collar turned out great. Keep it up buddy.:)

They're looking so nice TwT. What do you use to connect foam pieces?

I just use hot glue, sometimes if its being stubborn and don't want to glue together quickly I use Super glue gel to get them to attach together plus it gives it a nice clean seam then I just put hot glue on the inside of the 2 parts

I just use hot glue, sometimes if its being stubborn and don't want to glue together quickly I use Super glue gel to get them to attach together plus it gives it a nice clean seam then I just put hot glue on the inside of the 2 parts
Thx for your information! It's really help me >w<

Not sure how I missed this thread. Looking great. How does the foam compare to pep?

Thanks Justinian, I think the foam is easier to build and alot more comfortable to wear but you can't match the details like you can on pep, and you know how picky I am about detailing

Chest plate turned out looking awesome.
Thank you Thorn

Really nice chest there. Look forward to the rest of this one.
Thanks....................

Small update, Finished painting all the parts for the suit, I really didn't go crazy with the battle damage, I didn't really want to because it would bring out the seams and imperfections in the foam so I kept it toned down some, I still need to finish getting all teh straps in place then I will post a pic of me wearing it, I have a few helmets that I can wear with this suit that I painted the same color so on to the pics

Here are the forearms and Hand plates, Nick Nack Patty Wack kindly made me the forearms as I did not have enough time to remake my forearms that I made to small, I like what he did he is a foam building master, I made the hand plates and will attach them to some gloves tomorrow
DSC05174.jpg

The Biceps were made by Nick Nack also, I orginally made a set but mine were to small and with my time issues and with the Halo 4 helmet build I once again ask Nick Nack for his help, I made the The shoulder attachments, I think they go well together
DSC05185.jpg

Thighs and Cod piece, these took me two days to complete The cod piece is Road warriors file
DSC05178.jpg

Back of the Cod
DSC05179.jpg

Forgot to mention I only have 4 days to finish this all up

Here are the shins, I think that these were the hardest things to build on the whole suit, I also make the knee caps also and I was going crazy trying to figure out how to mount the knee caps to my knees, so I ended up just putting foam between the shin and the knee cap so when i put them on the knee cap stays in place and works perfect and bends
DSC05176.jpg

Sacraficed a pair of old shoes to mount my boot parts to, I used Ruzes back part of the boot file and AceNats toe cap files that I modified for foam to make the boots, they work and I can walk around in them with no problems so I like them lol
DSC05170.jpg

Same chest piece I posted pics of earlier but now its weathered some and I attached my knife to it with velcro
DSC05190.jpg

My weapon im using with this build, Its Smicks Reach M6G pistol, its been a pain to finish, paint etc, I still need to paint the yellow stripe and weather it some, everytime I try and paint it, It keeps leaking casting resin out so it keeps messing up the paint and messing up any spot putty I used to fix the molding seam, I like the gun but hate the casting I got but im going to make it work for use with the suit, I may end up screwing it directly to the thigh piece so I don't have to hold onto it and mess the paint up even more and so no one can see all the paint mess ups caused from the leaking resin, I'll post finished pics of it in a few days
DSC05186.jpg

Looking good Hyper,

great details on the forearms and shoulders

damn all those foam builds is making me want to start one

This looks great! You really have done an excellent job hyper. My next suit will most definitely be foam. I look forward to seeing you all suited up!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back