Hyper's Noob Foam Reach Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, quick question. Is that L3x's V3 Chest? if so how did you scale it? My templates seem really small and i dont want to waste any foam

Hey, quick question. Is that L3x's V3 Chest? if so how did you scale it? My templates seem really small and i dont want to waste any foam

I used l3x's v3 chest for my build, I used the default size (I'm 6' )and I also thought my templates were very small, but it is quite large when put together, the back especially has very small pieces but those are deceptive.

Hoped I helped, Hope you don't mind that im not hyper, I hope hyper doesn't mind that im helping some one on his thread :D

I used l3x's v3 chest for my build, I used the default size (I'm 6' )and I also thought my templates were very small, but it is quite large when put together, the back especially has very small pieces but those are deceptive.

Hoped I helped, Hope you don't mind that im not hyper, I hope hyper doesn't mind that im helping some one on his thread :D
Help is help Sepheus, no matter who it comes from. Hyper isn't gonna mind at all, thrust me. :) (I hope....jk)

Everybody is correct, I did use the default sccale, also thanks everybody for the comments I really do appreciate it, today im trying to get lights into the chest piece so hopefully I can get that done today, hope to post pics later on

Everybody is correct, I did use the default sccale, also thanks everybody for the comments I really do appreciate it, today im trying to get lights into the chest piece so hopefully I can get that done today, hope to post pics later on

Theres a rumor floating around that you may dance in this armor at Megacon. Are you still going to install the speaker system in the torso for this? Can't wait to see your epic dub step moves...lol

Looks great!

Theres a rumor floating around that you may dance in this armor at Megacon. Are you still going to install the speaker system in the torso for this? Can't wait to see your epic dub step moves...lol

Looks great!

LoL don't be giving up my secret plans................

WOAH! Seriously how does all this stuff look so good?

Honestly I don't think it looks that good its ok at that but i have seen some really great foam builds on this forum that I wish i could build like they have, I like the look of pep armor better but this foam stuff is so much more comfortable to wear so now that I went foam I won't go back so hopefully my next foam suit will turn out better

well got my leds installed in the chest piece I took pictures witht he flash off and they are bright, im going to have to difuse the light some because I don't like the light being so direct, Blackula just gave me some tips on how to accomplish this so I will try it tomorrow

Front
DSC05194.jpg

Back
DSC05195.jpg

Also attached the hand plates to the gloves, now I have everything finished suit wise, just have to adjust everything and put a helmet on, pics of that coming soon
DSC05197.jpg

Hope you all like it so far, will update in a day or so

ive found that if you cut a large hot glue stick in half they make great defusers and no glue required most of the time because its such a tight fit. i can show you at megacon if you'd like.

Looks sweet. Love the lighting so far, and I hope the defusers work for you. Of course it (as always ) showed me that I need to go and add a few more lights to mine.:) I am looking forward to see how this all come together.

Till you're next post "Build on and Enjoy life." :cool

These are just photos of me test fitting the suit so thats why im lacking some of the under armor, hence the exposed skin, white socks, no neck cover, paintball pants and the mirror lens still not installed in the helmet, also I have 3 more helmets that I can wear with this suit, I just wanted to see if I had the proportions correct, looks like I need to raise the shoulders some

Front
DSC05203.jpg

Back
DSC05199.jpg

Left side
DSC05200.jpg

Right side
DSC05205.jpg

Yup needs a mirror visor
DSC05207.jpg

Me being stupid and jumping around in the suit, can't do that with my pep'd Busa suit
DSC05202.jpg

Well what do you guys think so far anything that I need to fix before I take this thing into public, and yes I will wear the under armor next time and cover up my neck

Man it looks awesome! Your scaling is spot on I think hyper. Just cover up the spots as you mentioned and draw the shoulders up a tad, you should be ready to rock and roll.:)

DSC05202.jpg

Well what do you guys think so far anything that I need to fix before I take this thing into public, and yes I will wear the under armor next time and cover up my neck

Everything looks great! The only thing I would fix are the tired busted dance moves displayd in the final pic :p, lol, J/K

Looking good!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back