IMC Pilot Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked on the Jet pack piece, just needs some blue LED's

jet pack.jpg

I was thinking of maybe doing something to make the flames look really cool. maybe a small smoke machine inside, with fans blowing it out the jets? maybe, still need to work on the idea

Did some more work! should be getting a coat of green paint tomorrow.

helmet smooth.jpg

helmet primed.jpg

I'm still planning on putting electronics into it, and i'll put up how i do that when i do, due to request.

Got even more work done, really started cracking the whip. i got all the electronics in the mail finally, and began to paint it green! i know it was supposed to be IMC, and i wish it could be, but as i said earlier, i dont have enough time to make the full IMC pilot Suit for Anime Boston, which is this weekend! but Militia was easier for me. anyways, here are the pics

battery.jpg
here we have the battery mounted, and the lipo charge sensor thing, which lets me know when their charge is getting low

electronics.jpg
Here we have all the electronics laid out. there are 6 LED's, and 3 fans. for the fans, i'm going to have 2 fans blow air in the cheek vents, and one fan blow air out of the "horn". these are all attached to a power distribution board, and then to a connector to the battery

Hey it came out pretty good actually! :) Now I´am kinda worried that you will make a better I.M.C. Pilot than me. xD

Pat-

That is some first class work! I love the detail, and adding those electronics really put some icing on the cake. Actually, I have a question about that. I noticed that you have three micro fans on your circuit. when wearing the helmet do you think that's too many? Or is it right on the money to keep the air moving in there? Also, how hard is it to hear other people talk with them all on, and being inside that awesome looking helm?

That is some first class work! I love the detail, and adding those electronics really put some icing on the cake. Actually, I have a question about that. I noticed that you have three micro fans on your circuit. when wearing the helmet do you think that's too many? Or is it right on the money to keep the air moving in there? Also, how hard is it to hear other people talk with them all on, and being inside that awesome looking helm?

This is a great question. actually, i got just the perfect fans, they weren't too speedy, so it was like a nice summer breeze all day! not a hurricane :p also, they were completely silent, most people didn't even know they were there! for the amount of fans, really, it depends on what helmet your putting them in. i had 3 spots to be able to put fans, so i placed 3 medium speed ones, 2 pushing air in on the bottom, and one pulling air out on the top. if your helmet has just 1 or two "vents" i might put one strong fan in it instead, or if there was a bunch of vents, i'd choose the best places to put them, and maybe go with a max of 4, two blowing air in, two blowing air out. of coarse, this is only my opinion, so feel free to do what you'd like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back