Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: James
Profession: AI Internship/Developer & Investment Enthusiast
Student: Phillips Exeter Academy
Favorite Hobby: Self-Improvement/Having fun in general
Favorite part of Halo: The lore
Favorite Halo: The Master Chief Collection/Halo Infinite
Favorite Video Game: Destiny 2
Other Interests: Airsoft, Art, Graphic Design, AI, Intergalactica (Personal Project)
Favorite Food: Beef Noodle Soup
Favorite Band: N/A
Favorite Movie(s): Good Question
What do you hope to learn here: Mostly improving on 3D printing and costume design
Have you built/made a costume before: Something like that
Do you belong to any other costume communities: Nope

Friend of Fadeout751
First Name: Kira (She/Her)
Profession? Student?: Currently unemployed. Going to college this coming fall.
Favorite Hobby: Im really liking getting into Buhurt so far!
Favorite part of Halo: I really like the lore and the details. (I havent played it much yet but I have watched tons of youtube videos)
Favorite Halo: Ive honestly not played them all yet. I have barely scratched the surface. But I have honestly fallen in love with the universe. But I would say ODST is an awesome game so far.
Favorite Video Game: This one is quite difficult for me because I love so many games. But at the moment ive been play a ton of Warhammer Darktide.
Other Interests: She-ra, travel, Star Wars, LOTR, Video Games, working out, trying new things.
Favorite Food: Either fried chicken sandwhiches, burgers, or mac and cheese.
Favorite Band: I honestly listen to a bunch of mixed music, I dont listen to any bands in particular.
Favorite Movie(s): hmmm this is a hard one. I think Im gonna leave this one blank cause I dont know if I have a favorite.
What do you hope to learn here?: Honestly to meet like-minded people. I am unsure if I will be able to learn about making my own armor. (I have an amazing imagination but no skills to act on it). So I am mostly here for the social aspect. Im hoping I can get a commision for a Halo cosplay eventually.
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, but I have commisioned a scout trooper from star wars and a snow trooper.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Trying to join the 501st
Other: I look forward to speaking and getting to know everyone!
Welcome to the 405th, glad to have you two here with us! I highly reccomend checking out the Tutorial section to help you get started on your cosplay jorney.

Let us know if you have any questions!

First Name: Harry
Profession? Student?: N/A
Favorite Hobby: gaming
Favorite part of Halo: moments with friends, or Lore
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: also ODST
Other Interests: animals
Favorite Food: N/A
Favorite Band: Sleep Token
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR maybe? Too difficult...
What do you hope to learn here?: how to best make an ODST cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes, but not a full suit, or anything for Halo
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: a bunch general Facebook cosplay groups
Other: Lung Transplant recipient! Woohoo!

First Name: Dave
Profession?: hazardous location engineer
Favorite Hobby: miniature painting/gaming
Favorite part of Halo: cool armours and halo 3 multiplayer
Favorite Halo: halo 3
Favorite Video Game: sea of thieves
Other Interests: parenting
Favorite Food: cake
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: hoping to learn enough to build (likely very slowly) a spartan suit. but starting with a helmet to make work calls/meetings more interesting.
Have you built/made a costume before?: a few mandalorian kits over the years, for myself and others.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: mandalorian mercs OM#1621
Other: made my first mistake with a MoeSizzlac scout helmet, assumed it would fit over my noggin and porinted it before checking...

Attachments

• PXL_20240321_172256172 edit.jpg
    PXL_20240321_172256172 edit.jpg
    816.3 KB · Views: 13
First name: Mason, some call me bored
Profession? Student?: In high school, working on software design
Favorite hobby: I love modeling tanks, but spend most of my spare time playing video games from lack of active projects
Favorite part of Halo: Halo Reach's survive mission.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach and 3
Favorite video game: Right now it is Dragon Ball FighterZ
Other Interests: I really enjoy programming because I am a massive nerd.
Favorite food: Homemade barbecue pizza
Favorite band: I listen to soundtrack music, right now my favorite artist is Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori
Favorite movie: I just watched the Dune movies and that's probably it right now.
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to improve the quality of my Halo cosplays and I feel the best way to do that is with a friendly community.
Have you built/made a costume before: Yes, I attempted to make Mk. VI B armor from reach, but when I was finished with it I was dissatisfied and I am now planning to start a different project.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: This is my first.
Other: My profile is a picture of my first attempt. I am hoping to either go into the field of programming or engineering. My favorite game series is definitely halo. I enjoy playing musical instruments.

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: Keiran
Profession? Student?: working on being a Semi truck driver
Favorite Hobby: TTRPG (DND)
Favorite part of Halo: when Johnson drops off the tank in Halo 2 on heroic difficulty
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Surprise Halo 2
Other Interests: DND, Lego, Gunpla, an Halo lore
Favorite Food: Fettuccine alfredo
Favorite Band: Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (Rouge One, 4 5 6)
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make my armor look damn near game accurate
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, 2 Halo 3 Marines and a partial ODST
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes 501st
Other: Im hopefully going to be making a Spartan 3 and an arctic camo ODST

First Name: Jordan mainly go by Wolfie online
Profession? Student?: powder coater
Favorite Hobby: all things nerdy and deep diving into lore
Favorite part of Halo: the flood
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach or ODST
Favorite Video Game: Hal Reach
Other Interests:D&D, MTG
Favorite Food: Crispy Duck
Favorite Band: not have one
Favorite Movie(s): HTTYD films
What do you hope to learn here?: more on how to build cosplays and finish them to a high stand im happy with
Have you built/made a costume before?: eraser head and secre (for my partner)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope
Other:.... ill try to be as helpfull as i can to others with what knolage i alredy have

Hello all!

First Name: Sam
Profession? Student?: mechanical engineer
Favorite Hobby: tinkering in the garage
Favorite part of Halo: 117’s journey
Favorite Halo: HALO
Favorite Video Game: anything FPS
Other Interests: scale modelling
Favorite Food: yes
Favorite Band: hard to say, anything metal genre really :)
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?: EVA foam building
Have you built/made a costume before?: nope
Other uk based

First Name: Harry
Profession? Student?: N/A
Favorite Hobby: gaming
Favorite part of Halo: moments with friends, or Lore
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: also ODST
Other Interests: animals
Favorite Food: N/A
Favorite Band: Sleep Token
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR maybe? Too difficult...
What do you hope to learn here?: how to best make an ODST cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes, but not a full suit, or anything for Halo
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: a bunch general Facebook cosplay groups
Other: Lung Transplant recipient! Woohoo!
First Name: Dave
Profession?: hazardous location engineer
Favorite Hobby: miniature painting/gaming
Favorite part of Halo: cool armours and halo 3 multiplayer
Favorite Halo: halo 3
Favorite Video Game: sea of thieves
Other Interests: parenting
Favorite Food: cake
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: hoping to learn enough to build (likely very slowly) a spartan suit. but starting with a helmet to make work calls/meetings more interesting.
Have you built/made a costume before?: a few mandalorian kits over the years, for myself and others.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: mandalorian mercs OM#1621
Other: made my first mistake with a MoeSizzlac scout helmet, assumed it would fit over my noggin and porinted it before checking...
First name: Mason, some call me bored
Profession? Student?: In high school, working on software design
Favorite hobby: I love modeling tanks, but spend most of my spare time playing video games from lack of active projects
Favorite part of Halo: Halo Reach's survive mission.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach and 3
Favorite video game: Right now it is Dragon Ball FighterZ
Other Interests: I really enjoy programming because I am a massive nerd.
Favorite food: Homemade barbecue pizza
Favorite band: I listen to soundtrack music, right now my favorite artist is Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori
Favorite movie: I just watched the Dune movies and that's probably it right now.
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to improve the quality of my Halo cosplays and I feel the best way to do that is with a friendly community.
Have you built/made a costume before: Yes, I attempted to make Mk. VI B armor from reach, but when I was finished with it I was dissatisfied and I am now planning to start a different project.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: This is my first.
Other: My profile is a picture of my first attempt. I am hoping to either go into the field of programming or engineering. My favorite game series is definitely halo. I enjoy playing musical instruments.
First Name: Keiran
Profession? Student?: working on being a Semi truck driver
Favorite Hobby: TTRPG (DND)
Favorite part of Halo: when Johnson drops off the tank in Halo 2 on heroic difficulty
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Surprise Halo 2
Other Interests: DND, Lego, Gunpla, an Halo lore
Favorite Food: Fettuccine alfredo
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (Rouge One, 4 5 6)
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make my armor look damn near game accurate
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, 2 Halo 3 Marines and a partial ODST
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes 501st
Other: Im hopefully going to be making a Spartan 3 and an arctic camo ODST
First Name: Jordan mainly go by Wolfie online
Profession? Student?: powder coater
Favorite Hobby: all things nerdy and deep diving into lore
Favorite part of Halo: the flood
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach or ODST
Favorite Video Game: Hal Reach
Other Interests:D&D, MTG
Favorite Food: Crispy Duck
Favorite Band: not have one
Favorite Movie(s): HTTYD films
What do you hope to learn here?: more on how to build cosplays and finish them to a high stand im happy with
Have you built/made a costume before?: eraser head and secre (for my partner)
Other:.... ill try to be as helpfull as i can to others with what knolage i alredy have
Hello all!

First Name: Sam
Profession? Student?: mechanical engineer
Favorite Hobby: tinkering in the garage
Favorite part of Halo: 117’s journey
Favorite Halo: HALO
Favorite Video Game: anything FPS
Other Interests: scale modelling
Favorite Band: hard to say, anything metal genre really :)
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?: EVA foam building
Have you built/made a costume before?: nope
Other uk based
Welcome to the 405th! Regardless of whether or not you have made a cosplay before, we are elated that you have decided to take this journey with us.

The 405th tutorial section is a great place to get started. We have some great threads about armor totes, the difference between Pepakura, foam, and 3D printing, some wiring tips, sewing guides, and more to help you head in the right direction.

We cannot wait to see your projects come to life.

First Name: Tabitha. Feel free to call me Tabs or Ink.

Profession? Student?: Night Cleaner for now.

Favorite Hobby: Gaming and Nerf events are my two big ones.

Favorite part of Halo: The memories I’ve made playing it and the world building!

Favorite Halo: Solid tie between One, Two, and ODST. I can’t pick just one.

Favorite Video Game: Bendy and the Ink Machine, Halo, and Borderlands are all tied because I’ve played way too many games that are just brilliant.

Other Interests: I enjoy cosplaying my own creations, Listening to music, Horror movies, Ranting about interests, Ren Faires, Exploring, Writing stories and poetry, Photography, and Lego related things.

Favorite Food: Strawberry French Toast or Sweet and Sour Rice.

Favorite Band: …The list is far too long. Currently been listening to a lot of Hozier and Friday Pilots club…Big mix of gaming soundtracks in there and electro swing as well.

Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Silent Hill, The Saw series, Tremors, and Indiana Jones. (There’s a lot more but if I try to list them all we will be here all day.)

What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to properly make armor and props I guess? I’ve been cosplaying since 2017, but I’ve never tried making armor, I mostly thrift clothing for characters and rely on make up. I consider myself a beginner still.

Have you built/made a costume before?: If designing costumes through thrifted items counts then yes- if not then no.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope this would be my first. I’ve never had the confidence to actually be part of a group I guess?

Other: I hope I can be more involved in this community and I would like to be more confident. I’m on the Neurodivergent side of life so I really struggle with socializing and trying to feel like I belong. But I’m hoping to change that. I’m also broke so learning to prop build on a budget is something I’m eager to explore!

Last edited:
First Name: William, But I go by Scott. My middle name
Profession? Facility manager for about 20 medical clinics
Favorite Hobby: Computers, video games
Favorite part of Halo: The action
Favorite Halo: 2 and 3, Played with my sons
Favorite Video Game: WoW, Diablo, CoD
Other Interests: Time with the family. Wine and Whiskey
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Movie(s): Star wars
What do you hope to learn here?: I'd like to learn what goes in a true cosplay. I love the attention to detail and the attention and positive reaction from everyone that the 405th meets
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Still Nope
Other: After the talking to members of the 405th at a game expo in Puyallup, They gave me the feeling I had when I was active duty in the navy. I'd like to belong to a group that is serious to their craft, enjoying what they do. I may not be building anything at this time. But I'd like to be a handler and help the 405th celebrate the Halo universe and help others enjoy it as well.

First Name: Brandon
Profession? Student?: Currently attending school to become an A&P mechanic
Favorite Hobby: Flying planes
Favorite Part of Halo: The armor, weapons, and lore
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2 or Minecraft
Other Interests: Riding ATVs/dirtbikes, driving cars, 3D printing, working on cars/planes, camping, hiking
Favorite Food: Hamburger
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin
Favorite Movie(s): Ready Player One, Ford v. Ferrari, Top Gun (og and Maverick)
What do you hope to learn here?: Improving 3D prints, painting and finishing prints, different ways to achieve the same goal
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope!
Do you belong to any other costume communities?: No
Other: Hoping to connect with others that share the same interests as me and to be able to get together with others and attend conventions and whatnot. My goal in life is to become an airline pilot for Southwest.

First Name: Wesley

Profession? Student?: Paratrooper

Favorite Hobby: Shooting

Favorite part of Halo: Playing Halo CE for the first time

Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST

Favorite Video Game: Halo CE/Anniversary

Other Interests: Practical/ Tactical Shooting

Favorite Food: Steak

Favorite Band: Don’t really have one

Favorite Movie(s): John Wick

What do you hope to learn here?: How to build armor and paint and finish it.

Have you built/made a costume before?: Just the kit I use for work, so no.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No

Other: I like jumping out of planes and ODSTs like dropping from orbit, so I guess we share that line of work. I’ve been playing Halo since it came out, and always find myself coming back to the series. It holds a special place in my heart.

Hello! Here’s mine

First Name: Luke
Profession? : IT
Favorite Hobby: playing video games~
Favorite part of Halo: The story!
Favorite Halo: 2 for story, 3 for gameplay, reach for character design
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: VR, Pokémon, music, travelling.
Favorite Food: Burgers!
Favorite Band: Uhhhhhh… I’ll have to get back to you on that.
Favorite Movie(s): Hmm… Not really a movie person, to be honest!
What do you hope to learn here?: I would one day love to be able to create a skirmisher costume of my own OC. I know they are very difficult to make, but I’m hoping I can one day. :)
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never! I am a complete newbie and don’t actually know where to start, to be honest!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Sadly no :( but this is my first :)
Other: I’d love to make new friends and hang out with people who share similar hobbies and interests as I do! I am from the UK, and have been playing halo for over 20 years since the good old days of CE!

Wassup Fellow Alphas and Spartans, here's my intro!
First Name: Elon, I wouldn't trade it for any other
Student at an early college, I'm learning 3D modeling atm. I'm definitely going down an engineering route
Favorite Hobby: Building random stuff, armor, weapons, anything that flies, from nerf darts to UAVS
Favorite part of Halo: I actually have only really played Halo 4's multiplayer, having assumed when I started that most FPS games campaign's were just there because they had to be, (Battlefield 4's fault) I'm finally starting to realize you have can have a game that is great in both realms, aka Halo. I'll be downloading the MCC once I beat Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and possibly Double Agent.
Favorite Halo: Don't have one yet, once I play through all of them I will make the choice
Favorite Video Game(s): Metroid Prime 3, Chrono Trigger, Myst, and first 3 Splinter Cells
Other Interests: Martial Arts, pretty much anything scientific, and animals
Favorite Food: Panda Express plate with Orange Chicken, Beijing Beef and pretty much any side, all drowned in sriracha.
Favorite Band: Too many to count
Favorite Movie(s): The Matrix, Ocean's 11, and Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (The old one)
What do you hope to learn here?: How to better construct whatever I find myself wanting to build, and to learn how to share my own findings by emulating what you all do.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope, but I am building a carbon fiber and fiberglass suit right now based off of Deathstroke's from DC
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, but I'm sure I will later.
Other: I became an addict at 13, I won't say what to, but now I make and build to combat the urges and fill the void left by it. Some days my only true joy is to go out in the workshop and lose myself in my tools and creations. Building armor and suiting up represents a higher ideal to me, to become a supersoldier and stand against the forces of what is wrong. Anyways, I look forward to having a good time with all of you on here!

Gangsta.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello fellow enthusiasts!

First Name: Matt
Profession: Commercial Real Estate
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: All of it
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo/Ocarina of Time
Other Interests: My kids! Building computers, gaming, home renovation
Favorite Food: Beer
Favorite Band: Chevelle
Favorite Movie(s): Fight Club
What do you hope to learn here?: Tips, tricks, techniques, advice, cautionary tales!
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None

First Name: Mike
Profession? Student?: US Navy
Favorite Hobby: Making electronics and building
Favorite part of Halo: I truly enjoy the story, especially the bond between Cortana and Master Chief. Second only to the lore of the other Spartans.

Favorite Halo: While I enjoyed the introduction of dual wielding in Halo 2, my favorite is Halo 3 because everything felt more developed for gameplay. Though I’m leaning more towards Reach these days.
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: backpacking, making things
Favorite Band: also yes
Favorite Movie(s): Down Periscope
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to enhance my costume and prop making abilities.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, but never for myself. I made a death eater, a Norman knight, and a Roman soldier
Do you belong to any other costume communities? Nope If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
I’m hoping to bring my skills here, I’ve been tinkering with electronics for over 20 years and have been 3D printing for about 13 years now. I’ve been getting better at using my diode laser machine, so that’ll be exciting.

First Name: Ky Anh
Last Name: Ho Doan
Profession? Student?: Culinary Student
Favorite Hobby: Cooking and gaming
Favorite part of Halo: Jerome-092 and James-005 are both my favorite characters
Favorite Halo: Halo wars 1&2 plus Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: StarCraft 2
Other Interests: Cosplay
Favorite Food: Bánh Xèo
Favorite Band: none at the moment
Favorite Movie(s): Pacific Rim, Goliath war against worlds, and Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
What do you hope to learn here?: How to cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other: I wish to learn and grow my skills here

Last edited:
First Name: Phillip
Profession? Student?: Inventory Analyst
Favorite Hobby: Collecting and talking about video games
Favorite part of Halo: Master Chief and Arbiter teaming up
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 and Infinite
Favorite Video Game: Final Fantasy 6 & 7
Other Interests: 3D Printing, Craft Beer, Collecting video games, podcasting and streaming
Favorite Food: Burgers
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): The Dark Knight Trilogy
What do you hope to learn here?: How to create an awesome cosplay of a Spartan and better understanding of 3D Printing
Have you built/made a costume before?: Working on one right now
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None
Other: I have a collection of Halo consoles and am only missing the Xbox Series X version

First Name: Caleb
Profession? Student?: I work in the Film and TV industry as a Grip (Camera and Lighting)
Favorite Hobby: Gaming is probably number 1
Favorite part of Halo: Nostalgia Mostly, it was the first video game I ever played as a kid, but still love playing to this day
Favorite Halo: Halo 2, I have too many memories playing that game
Favorite Video Game: This is a really tough one but I mean it’s hard to look past Skyrim Ive put so many hours into that game
Other Interests: I love Film as it’s my Job, but I love creating and art always have, Music is big for me too
Favorite Food: Pizza every day of the week
Favorite Band: it’s genuinely too hard for me to pick one band but if I had to choose one I think it’s gotta be Arctic Monkeys
Favorite Movie(s): anything by Christopher Nolan but Interstellar
What do you hope to learn here?: I’ve been wanting to make my own Spartan Suit for years now, and I think now that I have my own money and resources it’s about time I gave it a shot
Have you built/made a costume before?: ive dabbled many times when I was younger going to small conventions and Halloween, mostly easy superhero’s like Deadpool and Nightwing
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no not at this stage this is my first :)
Other: I hope to learn and soak in any knowledge, there’s a local convention coming up in November so if I can get something put together by then I’d be pretty happy!!
Also I live in Australia if there’s any other members down under

Also I live in Australia if there’s any other members down under
I come from a Land Downunder! You say there's a local con in November - if you're OK with sharing, are you Brisbane or Adelaide based (or maybe you mean another con that isn't Supanova)?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back