Iron Man And War Machine Wip

Which Suit should we start first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if by "war machine trying on the mark 2" you mean Rhodey, i think you're wrong. in the trailer it shows Tony and whoever is in that suit fighting inside his house. Why would rhodey fight tony and steal the mk 2?

dubean33 said:
if by "war machine trying on the mark 2" you mean Rhodey, i think you're wrong. in the trailer it shows Tony and whoever is in that suit fighting inside his house. Why would rhodey fight tony and steal the mk 2?

No I mean rhodey testing out tony's suit to see how it feels and practices his flying or something. Forget I said anything :p

Last edited by a moderator:
dubean33 said:

Maybe Black Widow is in the suit and is stealing from Tony to give to S.H.I.E.L.D! :eek

llinformerll said:
Maybe Black Widow is in the suit and is stealing from Tony to give to S.H.I.E.L.D! :eek

I dunno I guess we will have to wait and find out and just a side note

I cut out and scored out the bicep for Iron Man and hopefully it fits right. Its about 12:23am here so gluing will start once I get some sleep :p

Bicep was too small for me so printing another one later today. Helmet has been resined today turned out alright but I resined it all together so it could fit all snug but ended up being a tough time prying it apart. Some tears have appeared and should be repairable, pics later today.

Peace.

llinformerll said:
Just thought I'd save you from triple posting.

Thanks a lot informer and my Helmet just got another coat of resin on the outside and 1 inside. I don't have any fiberglass so I hope resin is fine. Sorry about no pics I forgot where I put my camera :pbut I found it again so pics will be tonight.

But if your gonna rondo, make sure you got the right ratio. I messed up the first couple of times I did it and my helmet turned out half sticky and half hard.

dubean33 said:
if you don't have fiberglass try using a few coats of rondo (or mud as its also called)

Its made of half resin and half bondo right?

llinformerll said:
But if your gonna rondo, make sure you got the right ratio. I messed up the first couple of times I did it and my helmet turned out half sticky and half hard.

Alright I'll make sure it is the right ratio

Alright I know its not the greatest of pictures but here we go:

AMBA0262.jpg

AMBA0263.jpg

AMBA0266.jpg

Its still drying so Ill show you the full helm tomorrow. thanks for all the support and votes on the poll!

EDIT: Good news guys, my Dad is buying some fiberglass matting so that will help me a lot with this build. Yay! :D

Looking good, but is that all going to go back together ok? I had to hold mine in one piece until I was done glassing for it to stay the right shape.

So I voted war machine and its for the same reason that I'm doing war machine first. I dont think if I'm doing a current war machine that I should do an out-dated ironman armor. I'm holding out for Mark4 and mark6...think it wont be long so why not?

Finhead said:
Looking good, but is that all going to go back together ok? I had to hold mine in one piece until I was done glassing for it to stay the right shape.

Yeah I glassed it together and then split it afterwards for a second layer of resin

llinformerll said:
Wow, I think your gonna have to start over. Bummer.

I don't understand what the problem is. If fits together just fine, i just need to clean it up and get the leaks and drops out.

starkmark4 said:
So I voted war machine and its for the same reason that I'm doing war machine first. I dont think if I'm doing a current war machine that I should do an out-dated ironman armor. I'm holding out for Mark4 and mark6...think it wont be long so why not?

I completely understand what you mean. Its just that no one has even started on the mark4 or mark6 yet and so mark3 right now is the way to go. I'll think about and probably just work really hard on my helmet and probably something will be announced after I finish.

Alex spartan177 said:
Pretty Nice Cobra,

but if you want to get fancy, instead of rondo and fiberglass use

SMOOTH CAST 300!!!

LOL :lol

Thanks Alex. I don't have cash right now for smooth cast 300 :D but I'll look into it. And it does fit together I promise

llinformerll said:
Smooth Cast?

Yeah I guess it could work because it hardens and makes it really smooth like plastic. I dunno, i'm not thinking about smooth-cast right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back