Iron Man Files High And Medium Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers mate but I really can't take any credit for anything its proedian who made the model and Agbates who is busy making it ready for pep and tweaking where needed they are the real heroes.

I'm just the lucky one that got my hands on them.

I've uploaded some size testing files and updates my post on post 1 to make it easier to locate the files.

They just need unfolding.

once unfolded if you could either send me the files or upload them to this thread so I can move them to the 1st post I would be grateful.

Also please read ALL of my 1st post.

Awesome - day after finishing exams, I've got something fun to do (despite having posters, vivas, and research placement forms to fill out).

What was that about some hd files? Surely no-one could download them unless they knew where to look, or were browsing through all your folders?

Thanks for the tester files.

To be honest I'm not sure what has happened and I dont want to go pointing fingers at anyone as I may be wrong but as a precaution I've disabled the link to the HD files.

Its just when I logged into my account today to upload the size testers I noticed how many times the HD file had been downloaded.

carnage said:
Cod and Thigh unfolded ..posted in 1st post

Ohh, don't tempt me with an all nighter!!!.

Just spent the last five hours building the lower leg, I think the size might be just right. I won't really know untill I build the thigh and knee. The front face is right under my kneecap just so you know, as it doesn't show up well in the picture.

I Think I had it on the wrong leg, the boot is huge, but looks in proportion.

Roll on the HD files. :)

[attachment=14560:leg1.jpg][attachment=14561:leg2.jpg][attachment=14562:leg3.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow you work fast!!!

Great Job on the build it looks great and thats with the low detail files I have lol.

I'm just trying to figure out how to merge objects in 3ds max so that I dont have as many open faces ...soon as I figure that out I'll release the medium files.

Everyone that has messaged me regarding the High Detail Files I'm sorry but your going to have to wait a while longer.....as soon as I hear anything I will update the thread. Thankyou all for your interest I'm as eager as you all are to get started on this.

If the file you're talking about is the "Iron Man Rigged" file (which I've noticed is not in your 4shared folder anymore), I'll freely admit that I was one person who downloaded it. I had no interest in hijacking your work or trying to edit the model myself, because I have no experience with 3d modeling. I was just interested in what the whole model looked like before you and Abgates simplified it. I was unable to open it anyway, because the only program I have capable of opening a 3d file is Pepakura.

I offer a warning, though. You said you set up the download "in private," yet it was on a public file hosting sight where anyone who searched for it could find it. Maybe if you don't want more than the person intended to download it next time, email it to them as an attachment or some other method that does not make it readily avaiable to the public.

Once again, I meant no harm by downloading the file, and I also hope you do not take offense to my above suggestion.

This is awesome, thank you and Agbates and i´m hoping you´ll still release the hd-files although someone downloaded the model.

I´m watching this topic since the begining and every time i´m watching a new update or reply i´m more impressed about the details an the speed you´re working.

... going to warm up my printer now ;-)

Thankyou Remraf for your honesty. As I said in the 1st post it may have been something purely innocent. Like a NOOB error on my part.

Zeco Yes the HD Files will still be released even though the odd copy has slipped through the net. Its not that much of a Biggie as I was going to release the Fully Rigged Version once it was ready for Pep.

I just dont want it getting out till its fully ready. When the HD model is ready all Credit goes to Agbates though as he's the one thats working on this as its beyond me at the moment but I'm learning as I go.

Cheers mate but the only trouble with blender is it can only open blander files lol

Here's what I know

1. Convert .obj to .stl with MeshLab

2. Open .stl with SolidWorks

3. Convert all surface bodies to solid bodies, closing surface bodies where needed

4. Join all solid bodies to required number of solid bodies (in this case I made two - one for rifle and another for loading cover)

5. Adjust scale and save resulting bodies as .STEP file

6. Open .STEP with ProEngineer

7. Export it as .OBJ

I'm stuck on part 3 I dont see anything that will allow me to select and convert ? let alone part 4

I have all the software to do it now.....just not the know how. Soon as I get this figured out the Med Def will be released with hopefully no open faces or atleast very little

Hey I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but the site isn't letting me download the cod. It let me download the boot but everytime time I try to get the other one it just refreshes the page. Is anyone else having this problem?

Ok I'll try now to import a obj into Blender ...just let me get to my Modeling pc ...I'm on my laptop at the moment and I prefer to have more power at my finger tips when running the software.

I've also been delayed today dealing with a NEW member talking trash about me and the way I'm handling these files.

Infact he's also been harrasing me in private saying I had his thread deleted.

I'd like to clear up this matter I did not have his thread deleted.

Also if anyone is unhappy with me for not releasing the files until they are all fully peppable then speak up and I'll release them all now.

The Medium Def version is peppable but has alot of open faces and needs supports putting inplace.

The High Detail has lots of extra faces that are not needed and is currently being re-modeled to make it even more accurate that what it is now. That as well as it being broken down and support struts also being added.

The High Detail model is out of my hands as this was far to difficult for me to handle ..luckily Agbates offered to help me...when I say offered I mean I BEGGED him anyone that has seen his work would understand why.

He doesn't just make models he makes SUPER HIGH DETAIL models.

Now as for the files not downloading from 4shared I have also had some problems with it for the last few days . Here's what I do ...click on download..wait for the counter to hit zero. then instead of just clicking on download I rightclick and select download.

It will do nothing for a while but then your dowload will appear ..you will get the file but if you look on 4shared its spazzed out yet again and your on the homepage. But atleast you have the file.

I hope 4shared sorts this mess out but that is out of my hands I am mearly letting you know how I get around it.

Hope this helps

K gimmie 5 mins to fire up my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back