Ironman Foam Builds (info added on page 1 for foam builds) Update on helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2238_zps19aa7e28.jpg

:smiles: ::bigdouchegrin:: ::standingovationplz:: :fistbump:

</drool>

I am amazed by what can be accomplished with foam. Your Iron man is spot on. I do have a question about foam armor though. One of the biggest issues most people have with full armors is the heat while wearing one. When wearing foam armor is it hotter inside the armor than any other type of armor?

I am amazed by what can be accomplished with foam. Your Iron man is spot on. I do have a question about foam armor though. One of the biggest issues most people have with full armors is the heat while wearing one. When wearing foam armor is it hotter inside the armor than any other type of armor?

So good man ;)

wow some amazing work! totally inspired!

Cheers guys :)

Noble to answer your question it gets real hot in the foam suits. I boiled to death in the Halo suit I wore to Comic-con (for 6 hours). Although I did have on thermals on under it because it was the only black stuff I had. I am making a proper undersuit where any parts that arent on view will just be bare skin and I am going to put 4 big fans in the back and a couple of small ones in the helmet. For this suit I thankfully have enough room for some in the chest and maybe the back but will see when I get to that.

Hinge mock up in.

I know in the video you can see the foamex/sintra but its just a mock up so that will be hidden now I understand the angles, set up needed etc. My final hinges will be made from a thin aluminium which if the tutorial I read on works will be black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, Awesome and more awesome.
Shut up and take my money now. :p
Seriously though. . . it has turned out spectacular. I've loved following the build on the helmet.

Small update. Got the eyes cut and in place. I made them from opaque acrylic. I cut them out, popped them in the oven and then bent into shape. They are not glued in yet as I need to work out how many and which LEDs I want in them but more than happy with the result :)

IMG_2284i_zps0228e359.jpg

looks great

Awesome, Awesome and more awesome.
Shut up and take my money now. :p
Seriously though. . . it has turned out spectacular. I've loved following the build on the helmet.

Cheers guys :)
Well S127 I will be doing a run at some point. I want to get the hinges perfect first as they will be supplied too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back