Is Fiberglass Resin Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoRRupt3d

Jr Member
hi guys,

ive pepped my arbiter helm and i wanna get fiberglass my mum said its toxic so i cant get it any help on other alternatives or a way to make it safe without buying a respirator

thanks

You need a resporator while using fiberglass and resin. END OF STORY.

If you need a non-toxic rout, then Smooth-cast 300/320 slush casting or the hot glue method is best for you. Read the stickied for further information.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
You need a resporator while using fiberglass and resin. END OF STORY.

If you need a non-toxic rout, then Smooth-cast 300/320 slush casting or the hot glue method is best for you. Read the stickied for further information.

Thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at this...

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8829&st=0

I've made a complete suit using this method. It's really a good method... just take your time and it can come out looking great. Or you can always make it from scratch/cardboard. There's many members here who have made excellent cardboard costumes and props.

Good Luck! :)

EDIT: If you do use resin, YOU HAVE TO USE A RESPIRATOR. Health and safety always come first.

Use an organic vapor respirator from 3M, some latex gloves, protective eyewear, and long sleeve shirt and pants, and you'll be fine with it.

But yes, resin is toxic, along with bondo. Use protective gear or don't use it at all.

right not being funny or anything. but why dont you read the stickys instead of making new topics like this.... am i the only one who thinks this. ALSO do you have any pics of the arbiter helmet?

to be honest this is the third pointless topic that his created and this is the only topic that is halo related ut can be found in the stickys

@corrupted

could i suggest that you read through the saftey stickys in detail

and i would also recommend you watch the member oriantaion video

adventSpartanMatrix said:
to be honest this is the third pointless topic that his created and this is the only topic that is halo related ut can be found in the stickys

@corrupted

could i suggest that you read through the saftey stickys in detail

and i would also recommend you watch the member oriantaion video

second this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back