Ithica's Hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert epping

[attachment=9745:photo.jpg]
This is my twin brother (who is also a 405th member) wearing my helmet.
[attachment=9741:photo_1.jpg]
[attachment=9744:photo_4.jpg]
[attachment=9742:photo_2.jpg]
[attachment=9743:photo_3.jpg]
This isn't finished, I still have some things left to do on it.

Special thanks to Ithica and Adam
For molding, casting and starting on it.

-Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Its really good but something about it doesnt sit right with me otherwise i would go ahead and buy one. I also kind of want to make my own. There arent enough people making new hayabusa helms out there.

heh, if it could be masterfully made via pep to replicate that look, trust me, id be ALL over it XD.

but thats a moulding if im right?

Jyoumon said:
heh, if it could be masterfully made via pep to replicate that look, trust me, id be ALL over it XD.

but thats a moulding if im right?
Yes this is a mold. But I'm fairly sure the mold was made from a pepakura base.

It looks nice but the problem with it is it looks like the original was casted with modeling clay not that there is anything wrong with that but you cant get the perfections with modelling clay as you can with pepakura and well there is something wrong with it I cant put my finger on it but something isnt right.

Nice helmet. Glad that they were able to get a working mother mold going with that. Sweet!

Hb Avenger said:
It looks nice but the problem with it is it looks like the original was casted with modeling clay not that there is anything wrong with that but you cant get the perfections with modelling clay as you can with pepakura and well there is something wrong with it I cant put my finger on it but something isnt right.

It actually was built from a pep base. Just look at this as your perfect opportunity to build a better one and show us what you've got under the hood... ;)

Looks good Epping - can't wait to see what you can do with it!

I think it looks good, better than anything I could make, Ithica does very good things and my brother is lucky to have that Hayabusa helmet.

I know what you guys mean when you say something is off
but it's not itchicas work, its the pep base that was used. I think it's that the peps cheekline is too prominant- either that or the eyes arent big enough

i know its not ithicas work, he just molded it because it was the only one available really. Right now im printing off another pep helm that wll hopefully be the right size this time. i think its a bit too wide in the face and the details in the chin area are off. maybe ill have ithica mold mine when im done if its any closer to the real thing.

Epping said:
[attachment=9745:photo.jpg]
This is my twin brother (who is also a 405th member) wearing my helmet.
[attachment=9741:photo_1.jpg]
[attachment=9744:photo_4.jpg]
[attachment=9742:photo_2.jpg]
[attachment=9743:photo_3.jpg]
This isn't finished, I still have some things left to do on it.

Special thanks to Ithica and Adam
For molding, casting and starting on it.

-Robert

omg!!!! thats awesome!!!!

This is a pepped based project and I finished it. Something to understand is sometimes models are altered because when they are made they are based on game people which we are not, we are humans so if we kept them identicle then they would not fit our heads. Some people have a hard time wearing this one because the side are to tight as it is. I bought the master and finished it because I love the look, the molding was just a bonus. Adam did a great job helping and I am very proud of it. I may remold later on with added details but for now I am happy. It is a great helemt when you have it in your hands.

Ithica

Thank you everyone. I'm going to the paint store later, does anyone have any sugestions on what colors I should paint it? I was thinking yellow and black.
-Robert

Im new here, but I come from experience over at star wars' 501st costuming. (both soft and hard pieces) In my experience, people who tried yellow and black on a helmet tended to have themselves called a bumblebee. If your committed to that paint scheme, try and do it subtly. Unless your aiming for the bee look...

It fits! Nice! I have to clamshell mine... so it's on hold for now...

I'd reccommend staying away from the bumble bee look as well... I'm a fan of black as the primary, but that's me. Ithica's Red and Black is a good look, but do it the way that fits your personality! No matter what color scheme you choose, I'm sure it will be just awesome!

EDIT: FYI that one was casted by me at my house during the first Weekend With Brutus... I'd recognize that eye anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back