JFO Helmet - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that defines helmets in my opinion are the lines on the visor... and I was thinking it would be really interesting to see a helmet covered in hexagonal patterns (Ie. about 100-150 tesselating hexagons). I also realised this would tie in with the actual visors to an extent, because when you take damage, the screen flashes red with a hexagonal pattern in the direction of the threat.

Another prime example is Crysis 2. When using armour abilities, the visor gains a hexagonal pattern (tinted orange for armour, blue for invisibility) which fades to transparency towards the centre of the screen.

These patterns are obviously only on the inside of the visor, or otherwise unseen by an external observer, but it would be a great idea for a new helmet, or a personal take on an existing one. What do you reckon?

You could probably carve those into the inside, to make the little hexagons. Id say just trace a template and trace them on there, use a flexible ruler to make sure they line up, get out the exacto, and get to carvin!

I was thinking more along the lines of having them visible to everyone from the outside, rather than just the helmet wearer. A 3D effect could be etched onto a bondoed helmet, and many small holes drilled into the front for looking through, or they could be sprayed on by using a base coar of firey orange, then spraying gold onto an adhesive template. I think I'll just stick with the original JFO design that looks strangely similar to Iron Man with its thin slanty lines near the eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back