Jorge 052 - Against All Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
zabicvamic said:
beautiful i'm going to make this instead of the noble 6. btw how do you make a mirror copy of the thigh so i can get both sides done?

You go into the 2D menu and press Invert Pattern

AceHigh. This is looking amazing. Nice work Ace!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rock said:
I measured the width of my boot and added a little bit to it for the sizing. The knee I sized by looking at the positioning on Jorge's leg then measuring the same area on mine.

That sounds smart... Maybe I'll do that in stead of trial and error :D

Thanks for all the comments guys. I really appreciate the interest in this project.

I'm almost done with the helmet now. I would like some comments on the appearance. If you see anything that looks out of place, too big or too small, please comment (I know there's no visor, funny guy ;) ). I want this to be as accurate as possible when done. The only real issue I have is that I will probably make the side vents(?) thinner, otherwise I am pretty happy with the helmet. Maybe one or two detail tweaks...

Edit: I changed the thickness of the "jawline" and some stuff on the side vents.

JorgeHelmet.jpg

Edit 2: ...and for all the fans of my work (both of you are great!), I am working on the final piece as well... Need to rethink things before I can complete it though. It will probably be a kit with 4-5 pieces or so.

Gunincomplete.jpg

Gaeten said:
Looking sharp there!

Is it coming together like it's supposed to?

Thanks! I would like to believe it is coming together quite nicely.

Rock said:
The gun is beautiful...

The helmet looks nice though the cheek vents look a tad to big still oddly enough.

You are right about the cheek vents, they are kinda big. I will try to alter them to be a little bit more narrow in the final product. I see that the forehead attachment needs some minor adjustments too.

I just wish there were more detailed shots of the side of his helmet, the ones we have so far don't let me see too much of the detail needed to properly construct it.

zabicvamic said:
when you make a helmet what lvl sphere do you use

I don't use a sphere at all actually. For this helmet, I started by tracing the side of the helmet at the YZ-plane using this picture which is a screenshot from the Halo: Reach trailer:

JorgeHelmetback.jpg

After that, I used the front shot from the same video to move the vertices to their correct position along the X-axis. After that I filled everything in with faces and started moving things around and detailing to make the helmet look decent. It's not perfect, but I think it's good enough at least.

Rock said:
I just wish there were more detailed shots of the side of his helmet, the ones we have so far don't let me see too much of the detail needed to properly construct it.

The Halo: Reach trailer I think is more than enough to make a good helmet. Really good shots of his helmet around 1:19-1:22 into the video. That's what I used, and I think the result is pretty close.

Nice! I'm starting to have second thoughts about using ForgedReclaimers helmet...

I have already seen the gun, so you know what i think about it so far.. :p

Wow, that chaingun is amazing! I can only hope that somebody builds one that does justice to the model. Excellent work on the helmet. Like Rock said, the cheek vents are a tad big, but it is otherwise amazing! Do you intend to pep the suit once it's been unfolded?

Cheers!

Chrissern said:
Nice! I'm starting to have second thoughts about using ForgedReclaimers helmet...

I have already seen the gun, so you know what i think about it so far.. :p

You actually had thoughts NOT to use MY helmet?!? I'm insulted. :lol

I had to take a look on his helmet, and it looks really good. Wouldn't blame you if you chose his. ;)

Sniperbaas392 said:
Wow, that chaingun is amazing! I can only hope that somebody builds one that does justice to the model. Excellent work on the helmet. Like Rock said, the cheek vents are a tad big, but it is otherwise amazing! Do you intend to pep the suit once it's been unfolded?

Cheers!

Thanks for the compliments. The plan is, of course, to build all this once it is done. I'm a heavy set guy, so there's really no other choice for me than to go Jorge. I certainly don't mind though, I've always been a fan of heavy weapons. I have actually already pepped two shins that I'm gonna scrap due to me getting a too weak paper (I blame a random site telling me the wrong conversions between lbs and gsm...), a boot cover that I'm gonna scrap due to size issues and half a handplate that I decided to build in a thinner paper to get better and more accurate detail. :lol I have also spent some hard cash on some decent cutting materials so I can cut and fold faster and more accurate, so in the next week or so I'll be a pepping machine. I will probably finish the gun and helmet and unfold everything before I turn the pepping into high gear though.

I have one shin and one boot cover resined already I hope to have time to rondo the inside tomorrow but we'll see how that goes.

Rock said:
I have one shin and one boot cover resined already I hope to have time to rondo the inside tomorrow but we'll see how that goes.

Awesome. You should throw up a WIP thread and show off your stuff.

tumbucu said:
wow that chaingun is bad ass brother great work im watching this topic for sure aloha

Thanks, but it's really Bungie who made it bad ass. :lol

bobbio555 said:
I love you.

I know you're talking to the gun, but thanks. ;)

k_kid4life said:
nice work i wish i can be as good as you at making 3d files

I'm not that exceptional when it comes to 3D modelling. All I do is spend a lot of time on my models, making sure everything is perfect. You can do it to my friend.

Spartan-029 said:
Nice Helmet dude. What program do you use for that? Blender?

Thanks. Yes, it's Blender 2.49b mostly, and some 2.5 alpha 2. I can't wait until they make the 2.5 version fully usable, hopefully with an implemented Geom tool. If it wasn't for the Geom tool not being available for 2.5 I would be using it full time. 2.5 is better in some respects though, like using background images. Either I'm stupid, or there is a limit to how big the images can be in 2.49b, and that kinda sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back