Jorge 052 - Against All Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pepped the handplate, and have unfolded, and started to build the boot as well.

These are some really nice models, and they unfold really easily!

I can post the unfold of the boot if you want to.

Neoproks said:
Wow, fantastic job! Can't wait for you to finish it all up :D .

Thanks, me neither! :D

Chrissern said:
I have pepped the handplate, and have unfolded, and started to build the boot as well.

These are some really nice models, and they unfold really easily!

I can post the unfold of the boot if you want to.

Thanks for the compliment. If people want it, you're free to post any unfolds you have done. I will as I told you before do my own unfolds, but you have my permission to post any unfolds you have done so far.

I'm working on the gun right now, and it will probably be my most accurate model yet. I'm thinking about splitting it up in separate sections, as there will be a lot of places that will be hard to resin and paint if it would be in one part. I've been working for about five hours straight with this now, and I haven't even begun detailing. Knowing myself I will probably be modelling for another five hours straight just to get it done, I'm reeeaaally liking the look of it. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice man, I got the helmet finished last night. Being unfolded as of now. Good job.

Halo_Reach_Jorge_Helmet_fin_by_Spartan_029.png

Spartan-029 said:
Nice man, I got the helmet finished last night. Being unfolded as of now. Good job.

That helmet is looking sooo sweet. Like I said before (I think I did), I will be doing my own version though. I hope that is not considered rude on the boards.

I have gone ahead and purchased a password for Pep designer 3. Got the boot cap and shin unfolded, working on my fat thigh right now, then it's the cod piece and then up to the beastly chest piece!

Jorge Shin unfolded

Jorge Boot cover unfolded

Edit: Correct shin uploaded

AceHigh said:
That helmet is looking sooo sweet. Like I said before (I think I did), I will be doing my own version though. I hope that is not considered rude on the boards.

I have gone ahead and purchased a password for Pep designer 3. Got the boot cap and shin unfolded, working on my fat thigh right now, then it's the cod piece and then up to the beastly chest piece!

Jorge Shin unfolded

Jorge Boot cover unfolded

Nah, it's not rude at all. I was just wanting to showcase my first actual pep file considering I've just started making them on my own now. (MAYA PLE doesn't allow for object exporting) Can't wait to see when you're done.

TheHow7zer said:
Wow guys, coming along great! I am considering this for a future build.

Thanks! Everyone should be building Jorge! :lol

I noticed a mistake as I printed out the Shin. On page 14 of the unfold the two pieces are slightly overlapped. I saw some people already downloaded it, so if you know you have done it, please take caution unless you want to print it out an extra page... I uploaded a corrected copy, so it should be fine now.

Edit: Noticed some crap on the Thigh as well... corrected copy now uploaded.

Oh and by the way, don't ask me how to scale, I haven't got the slightest.....

Edit 2: Got the codpiece done, now I'm going to do some pepping before I unfold the chest.

Jorge Codpiece unfolded

Edit 3 (lol): I noticed that it is possible to still work on your model while unfolding, by using "Reload 3D model" from the File menu, you can reload your .obj file, and any changes made to it will be present in the unfold. Any untouched pieces will be positioned like they were before. Why did I discover this? I unfolded 90% of the codpiece and found two open edges...

Omg, i just came across your threat now?! xD Amazing woork ACE! I was hoping for Jorge pep :D

Spraynoob

I will be taking a closer look at these some time tomorrow. For now I am too tired and my bro has to get up in a few hours so I can't print.

SprayNoob said:
Omg, i just came across your threat now?! xD Amazing woork ACE! I was hoping for Jorge pep :D

Spraynoob

Thanks! Keep looking and you'll find everything you need.

Rock said:
I will be taking a closer look at these some time tomorrow. For now I am too tired and my bro has to get up in a few hours so I can't print.

I think you'll be better off the longer you wait, I keep finding small things I wanna modify in the unfolds. The 3D models appearance won't change though, so everything should be useable if you manage to scale it properly (whatever that means lol...).

Chrissern has been pointing out that the boot cover is huge, I've told him nooo, it's good! Seems he was right though. :pI have rescaled the original to be a bit smaller, I scaled it down by 10% to be precise.

The chest is unfolded, I have put everything in the first post so people don't have to go through the whole (2 page...) thread to find it. Tomorrow I'm going out to buy some proper cutting equipment. So far I've learned that:

1) you need a good surface to cut on, a kitchen plastic cutting board isn't good for cutting paper.

2) you need a strong cutting tool, a pen knife thingy is way to weak.

3) you need a metal ruler, even the pen knife thingy will slice and dice a plastic ruler (sort of...).

So tomorrow I'm buying a cutting board made for paper, a strong knife and a metal ruler. It should help me pep a lot faster, and better too.

Nice! definatly one to build :eek cant wait to get stuck in with this! thanks for the hard work youve put into this :D

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

I'm liking the build in general. The parts aren't tiny and I can leave everything laid out how it is since your unfolds suit a larger person in the first place. Great job.

Wow! Fantastic modeling work! (Unfortunately, I prob couldn't pull a Jorge suit off (6ft 150lb... yeah, maybe jun :lol) Anyway, great work you've done so far. I'm really happy to see how many people have picked up 3d modeling (or are coming to the forums) b/c of reach. Props to you for working on the whole suit!

Cheers!

(I'll give you a cookie once you've finished the suit XD)

Hey Rock, is that boot cover scaled to 1?

I need to start pepping faster and more of this! I'm building too slow :p

Great files from a fellow scandinavian so far :D I can't wait for more (especially the gun)

beautiful i'm going to make this instead of the noble 6. btw how do you make a mirror copy of the thigh so i can get both sides done?

I measured the width of my boot and added a little bit to it for the sizing. The knee I sized by looking at the positioning on Jorge's leg then measuring the same area on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back