JTF4's Halo Infinite MK7 Build

JTF4

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S054
I've been working on the build for the last couple of months, but I'm finally getting around to making this thread.

My goal is to get the build finished before HCS worlds in October.

However, the one part that I'm most exited about probably won't be finished by HCS, but it'll be probably one of the coolest thing's I've build when it's done. I've seen some semi functioning tac pads on build, but for the most part they all are just presenting dummy data that looks cool. My goal with this project is to control the entire suit through the tac pad. This will include color mappable LED diodes in all of the LED spots, fans that respond to temperature and humidity in the helmet, remote control of the LED's and some motor functions on some of my upcoming weapon builds, and hopefully much more in the future.

Currently I'm running a nodeJS backend on a RPi in one of the thruster packs of the armor. It's running a custom shell that I made that hosts the node app and lighting control app. Once running, it makes a WiFi network that an iPhone 12 mini connects to in my left forearm piece where it's running a angular web app to interact with the server. Currently, I only have the UI portion semi finished and I've only just started on the server side, but I'm super exited to integrate it into my build.

Here's the sheet where I'll keep track of where I'm at with each component.
PartStatusPaintedFinished Picture
HelmetBeing Coated
ForearmsBeing Coated
BicepsBeing Coated
ShouldersBeing Coated
TorsoBeing Coated
CodBeing Coated
ThighsBeing Coated
ShinsBeing Coated
BootsPrinting
GlovesPrinting

Last edited:
I remember seeing you work on this on the discord one night, and boy is it complex XD. This is going to be the most technically complex mk7 I've ever seen! I am very interested to see how you build it all! =D

Well rather large update. I always forget about my build threads.

All of the major components have been printed and they are all at the body shop being coated. Only parts remaining are the boots and the gloves.

I also have the first major part of my under suit in and I'll be starting on the sewing for it tonight. I'll make sure to take pictures and post them.

Here are some of the pictures from when I was testing scaling.
21827574-A65E-4E57-98F4-942884B3531F_1_201_a.jpeg

697ADE56-1613-448B-8EAD-99E9585E060A_1_201_a.jpeg

Once everything is back from being coated, I'll start on the painting process and start doing the foam work for the gaskets (I don't foam well, so we're gonna see how it goes).

In another news, I've got the UI pretty much figured out for the control system. Now I just need to make the back end and LED pixel control system.

What material are your prints being coated with? I don't see a sanding step in your chart so I was wondering if this is a process that skips that?

What material are your prints being coated with? I don't see a sanding step in your chart so I was wondering if this is a process that skips that?
Yep! Once I print and assemble and parts, I have them coated in Line-X. It completely eliminates the step of sanding and line filling and makes the prints super strong.

Yep! Once I print and assemble and parts, I have them coated in Line-X. It completely eliminates the step of sanding and line filling and makes the prints super strong.
Oh I've never heard of that before. After quickly searching Line-X I see why you said they were at a body shop lol. That's super interesting!

Oh I've never heard of that before. After quickly searching Line-X I see why you said they were at a body shop lol. That's super interesting!
Yea! It’s a super cool material. Once I get everything back tomorrow I’ll upload some pictures.

Im super hyped to see it at HCS, also im going to do some research into line-x not sanding sounds awesome.
It does add a rough texture to the armor with the side effect of no sanding and basically being indestructible. I prefer the look, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

One other thing is that normal weathering techniques don’t work on it. Since it’s a super hydrophobic coating you need to use a super high viscosity wash to actually get any paint to stay. I use about a 5:1 ratio of flotrol to acrylic paint to wash.

After 3 episodes of Asoka, 6 broken sewing needles, a lot of stabbing my fingers, and loosing my sanity later I finally have the Velcro sewed to the main part of the undersuit. It looks great and I can’t wait to see it with the armor.
BAA3B839-6ED1-483F-BF5D-0D64894C670F.jpeg

Looks awesome ! Question though, whats your undersuit made of ?
It’s made of latex. It’s hot as all get out, but it looks awesome. I should also have similar sections coming in for my elbows and shoulders next.

It’s made of latex. It’s hot as all get out, but it looks awesome. I should also have similar sections coming in for my elbows and shoulders next.
So you bought and ordered them ? If so from where ? just trying to find a budget-friendly solution for my mk7 :p

So you bought and ordered them ? If so from where ? just trying to find a budget-friendly solution for my mk7 :p
I had them commissioned from a guy on Etsy. After it was all said and done it costs about $650 for the undersuit components.

that is a very interesting texture, i see why you said not everyone likes it. looks cool

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back