JTF4's Halo Infinite MK7 Build

I'm hoping to do something similar that you did with your helmet for my next suit of armour - I don't know exactly what Line-X is, but at my work we have a polyurethane spray coating. In that process though, the spray is heated to about 65 C before it comes out of the nozzle, so I worry about it warping the print.

So my questions are: did you happen to get any warping from the Line-X? And what filament did you use?

I'm diggin' your colours!

I'm hoping to do something similar that you did with your helmet for my next suit of armour - I don't know exactly what Line-X is, but at my work we have a polyurethane spray coating. In that process though, the spray is heated to about 65 C before it comes out of the nozzle, so I worry about it warping the print.

So my questions are: did you happen to get any warping from the Line-X? And what filament did you use?

I'm diggin' your colours!
It all depends on how quickly the material cools after leaving the nozzle.

In my case linex can get up to 90c if I remember right, but it’ll be that it for 1 second because after it leave the nozzle it dries in 6 seconds.

In my case I find that it helps the material bond to the print and make it super strong.

I used PLA.

Been doing tons of work today on the armor. I’ll need to do a better right up on what I did, but here are some pictures of where I got today.

I should have the full suit completed tomorrow and have it ready to go.

CA9262A3-677E-4FE5-9D5E-6FC9CED8F1A8.jpeg
8DA71216-D211-4D28-A6BE-BBF2BB390310.jpeg
935815F7-68E1-4FA7-819B-F0840F334D6E.jpeg
23F4E864-C2DA-457D-B1DC-AF68CFC53D45.jpeg

Out of curiosity is the Line - X Sandable like leakseal?
Yep! It’s just a lot harder so it takes more time.

If you wanted to sand it to a smooth surface I would just make sure they apply more material.

The build is 98% complete!

Here are some pictures from my first time wearing it at HWC23!

cd0dfe6c-3598-4bd9-9c51-1e316741ec95.jpg
20231015_105705.jpg
20231015_114509.jpg
PXL_20231015_211031639.jpg
PXL_20231015_212236413.jpg

After wearing it, there are a few things that I need to fix and a few things I need to modify.
  • I need to build the buckle covers for the top of the torso
  • I need to build a better strapping system for under my arms
  • There are a few seams that need to be reinforced
  • The under suit needs to come up about 2 or 3 inches
  • I need to do LEDs
  • I need to do amplifiers in the helmet
  • I need stronger magnets on my ears
  • I need a set of color matched weapons (probably sidekick and BR or AR)
I'll be doing a better write up on this soon and actually put everything in a linear progression so it's easy to follow.

edit:

I also need to remake the knees because they were too large. The ones I had at the event are not high quality.

Attachments

• 20231015_105705.jpg
    20231015_105705.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20231015_114512.jpg
    20231015_114512.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Dude your suit is freakin AMAZING! I'm sooo jealous of how good it looks!

Next time I see you we NEED to get some photos together. We both have mk 7 with cat ears, and could get some really sick red team blue team pics.

Dude your suit is freakin AMAZING! I'm sooo jealous of how good it looks!

Next time I see you we NEED to get some photos together. We both have mk 7 with cat ears, and could get some really sick red team blue team pics.
YES. I’m so very down for that. I’m also heavily considering making the trip for fan expo Toronto next year, so that might be a fun time to do it!

YES. I’m so very down for that. I’m also heavily considering making the trip for fan expo Toronto next year, so that might be a fun time to do it!
YES COME TO TORONTO!!!!
If you need to break up the drive you are welcome to stop at my place in Windsor!

YES COME TO TORONTO!!!!
If you need to break up the drive you are welcome to stop at my place in Windsor!
It looks like Windsor is 2 hours closer than Toronto, so that may work pretty well!

The build is 98% complete!

Here are some pictures from my first time wearing it at HWC23!

View attachment 337455View attachment 337457View attachment 337458View attachment 337459View attachment 337460

After wearing it, there are a few things that I need to fix and a few things I need to modify.
  • I need to build the buckle covers for the top of the torso
  • I need to build a better strapping system for under my arms
  • There are a few seams that need to be reinforced
  • The under suit needs to come up about 2 or 3 inches
  • I need to do LEDs
  • I need to do amplifiers in the helmet
  • I need stronger magnets on my ears
  • I need a set of color matched weapons (probably sidekick and BR or AR)
I'll be doing a better write up on this soon and actually put everything in a linear progression so it's easy to follow.

edit:

I also need to remake the knees because they were too large. The ones I had at the event are not high quality.
That looks so freaking awesome! Great job!

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back