Kingdom Hearts WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently just trying to finish of my Ironman Helmet which is almost complete (PEP build wise). Although definitely in the future I'll be making a Kingdom hearts one! Although, if someone makes a kingdom blade that will be miiiiiinnnnnneeeeee!

jonathan_r-01.jpg

I'm such a hardcore KH fan I got hold of Birth By Sleep in Japanese and competed it before the English version was released :p

Attachments

• jonathan_r-01.jpg
    jonathan_r-01.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 132
I will be releasing Ven's suit in the next day or so.
Really? That'd be freakin' awesome. I was in the process of making my own 3D models so I could make a pep for this but have been having a lot of issues. > < lol

I am very interested on your progress, how far have you gotten since your last update and have you run into anymore problems?

@Mykii:
If you use the search and put in Kingdom hearts a bunch of thread pop up, one of those threads has a pep already done for the kingdom key, however; I suggest hand making one. Its not as difficult as people make it seem and I can link you to several Cosplay tutorials on how to make one as well from scratch.

I actually have my own set of keyblades I had made out of some wood and lots of dedication. I now own Ven's blade, the kingdom key, oblivion, and when I finish my newer projects I'll have two ichigo blades and 3 more keyblades to add to the collection. XD

http://www.mediafire.com/?ffgo6opsks9zrf6 there is Ven's suit with the naming guide, it is a lot of parts, most could be done with foam if you so choose to.

I did not get any farther, I usually take a break between helmets, I am going to start on Terra's helmet now, it should be a lot easier than that god forsaken aqua helmet... I just went to home depot and bought a huge half gallon of resin and hardener so I am going to start to harden the helmets in about 2 weeks (vacation). I hope to see some progress pics!

Thanks.

Sounds like that might of cost a lot. >< Are you going to be wearing these to a con at any point or is it just a "for fun" type of deal? I can see how taking a break my help easy things, is it just the wings on the helmet you're having problems on or the whole piece in general? I noticed you said you felt like they were off before.

Personally I don't know how to handle resin[nor do i want to] so I use a few other tutorial's I've found over the years. One of which is like papermache over a base and then paper clay, sand and smooth.

Thanks.

Sounds like that might of cost a lot. >< Are you going to be wearing these to a con at any point or is it just a "for fun" type of deal? I can see how taking a break my help easy things, is it just the wings on the helmet you're having problems on or the whole piece in general? I noticed you said you felt like they were off before.

Personally I don't know how to handle resin[nor do i want to] so I use a few other tutorial's I've found over the years. One of which is like papermache over a base and then paper clay, sand and smooth.

Yes it is mainly the wings on the helmet, The only way I know how to do these is the resin/rondo method that Ben Streeper put up videos of, and well the wings only have a little hole in it so it's like I cant see in it to put rondo all over it. The huge half gallon was only 23 dollars, it was a steal!

Definately sounds like a steal, but I thought resin was really hard to work in? Maybe Im thinking of another method. I usually go for cheaper methods of building because Im usually on a really tight budget. I can share some of these armor tutorial links with ya if you're interested, they come in handy. I also have links to costumers that supply tips on resin and fiberglass armor builds.

Actually, I just thought about it, is there a place I could post these? They are meant for cosplayers off of cosplay sites so Im unsure the entirety of this forum has them.

This site is all about armor and prop making, as long as it pertains to the sites description then I really don't see any concern, I would be more than happy to take a look at them, I do not know the weight of the rondo, and I do not want to cast the helmets as that would get very expensive so the Bondo part would be the last of it all, and yes the fiberglass and resin is very messy and toxic, it completely ruined my haseo sword from .hack.

Okay, most if not all of these are anime related [cosplay] but I do find a lot of it helpful and its all related to specific pieces or methods of build. Most, if not all; though, are for scratch builds but can be adapted to peps. Its more or less meant for newer builders but others can benifit from the tips as well.

Cosplay.com's full tutorial list with the General material and information in yellow and then the Armor in blue.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=200529

On the unrelated but still sort of related to armor side this link is for cosplay tutorial's on weapons. Again, most are scratch builds.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=200527

As for your sword Im sorry that happened. At least it can be built again. There is actually a tutorial in the second link on how to make a sword just from cardboard, hot glue, posterboard[or comic back] and a wooden dowel by Featherwieght. He's pretty damn skilled with Cardboard.

Sounds expensive...@ _ @ I don't think I'll ever do more expensive methods on the grounds that i'm a tight ass with money. lol, I just don't spend it unless I absolutely have to or need to. Prolly why most of my builds are done with cardboard. I think my Keyblades/swords are my only splurges.

That is excellent, thank you so very much for all the help!

EDIT: So... I wanted to get going on the resin of the helmet and stuff so I built myself a heat box... not yet complete but I took someone's advice and made it in less than an hour rofl
imag0106ep.jpg

OMFG!!!
That's all I've been searching for almost a year! (guess it's not really easy to find that here in Brazil ¬¬)
Could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease post the Terra armor too? I have a trio cosplay, and we've already made the keyblades and even some unversed! But our armors just got too heavy, so we began looking for those archives everywhere!
Could you help us? I would be really glad if you could! Thanks!

very cool kh build. Loved the first game but was never able to play the second game. Idea for the keyblade would be pvc piping and foam.

I am back from my long "vacation", who knew that you could get paid by doing nothing for 2 and a half weeks.

I will post Terra in the next couple of days but first, what printers do you guys use? Mine constantly gets stuck and I am to the point of throwing it out of a 2 story building. I have the HP Deskjet F4180, it's small so I don't know if thats the problem. To clear some things up with people messaging me, I did not make these, they were made from my friend, I do not know know if I have stated that before but to make other things is impossible for me, sorry.

I use Canon Pixma Ipi 1300, it's not excelent but works ok for me :$
Waiting for Terra's model, then you will help us a lot, we have a trio for BBS and the convention will take place in May so we need to work fast.

Thanks a lot already.
:)

Please tell me that you are not going to acen? I really would not want the 2 of us going around, even though it is a big convention. I am a unique person and would like to stay unique, seeing that the BBS armored suits are not common, I thought it would be perfect for me to start them.

Relax, no, we're not going to Acen. As I said, we are from Brazil, so the convention will be here.
We tried to made the armors for a convention em December, but they got too heavy so we start to search for other methods. We made the armors and keyblades without PEP, the armor was a fail but the keyblades were fine, we liked, a little heavy too but it's ok, that's not a problem like the armors.

wow, I am such a weirdo, I was going to post it regardless, but I did not see your location. Do you have pictures of your previous attempt? I am scared to continue on with the project and would like some inspiration. I reformatted my computer so I have to go grab the files from my friend, do you mind if they are 3ds format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back