Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ-TK said:
I'm pretty sure that cant be right...
If it's Renshape, then $650 a sheet is about right:
BishopX said:
Well, the material we use is called Renshape. It has a similar consistency to Bondo but is less chewy. It is primarily used for prototyping. A 16"x40"x2" board is about $650.00. This rifle uses about 65% of a board to make....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry , I thought he was asking about the foam the helmet was made from, I was under the impression renshape was a type of material used for prototyping stuff on mills (the stuff they made the BR and vent details with)

McMaster-Carr sells it. Search for Urethane Foam. It's expensive, though. An alternative is to use extruded polystyrene insulation foam, you can get that at any home store. The polystyrene won't take the fine detail carving that Urethane prototyping board will, though, and polyester resin or bondo will melt insulation foam unless you coat it with epoxy first.

They've got their priorities, when they feel the need to return, they can, its not like they are forced to finish this though.

Their choice, not ours.

-Doom

Doom said:
They've got their priorities, when they feel the need to return, they can, its not like they are forced to finish this though.

Their choice, not ours.

-Doom
Alrighty then, Ill just have to pray. (My prayers are pretty nerdy huh? XD)

could I use the "Great Stuff" crack sealer/insulator?

Yes and no. It can be used for small things, but not for making a block to sculpt. It cures by exposure to air, so a big block of it would have liquid center (I know this because I've used it to fill an old helmet for re-sculpting) It dosnt sculpt very well at all, but can be shaped with coarse sand paper or rasps.

Hello
Great work guys, nice reading :)

I just wonder if you could tell me the width, height and depth of the helmet?
I am working on one of my own and it would be nice just to compare the size.

Untitled-1.png

EDIT: Please answer, really need to know :unsure:

Regards
Amento

They might tell you but it is kind of a secret. I would not feel right giving those numbers to you unless I had permission.

CMANavy said:
They might tell you but it is kind of a secret. I would not feel right giving those numbers to you unless I had permission.

Seriously? It's just the size of the helmet. I mean, think of it how much they would help alot of people here who are unsure how big to make the helmet just by giving that little information.
I can seriously not see why this should be a secret...

think of it how much they would help alot of people here who are unsure how big to make the helmet just by giving that little information.
I can seriously not see why this should be a secret.

I don't think its a secret, just open one of the many mk6 helmet files in pepakura, it will give you the dimensions. Size and proportion reference is exactly what pepakura is for. I don't know if legendary's data will share identical height, width and depth proportions with the game mesh but, they are both renditions of the exact same thing, so one could assume they are similar enough.

Take it from NZ-TK. He's like a pep file master :p.

Back to Legendary Armor...

Sifting through the thread it looks great! Hope you decide to finish!

BishopX said:
This is by far the most expensive costumes that we have made for ourselves. By the time we are done, I have no doubt that we will be in the range of $25000.00 total spent on these costumes. I know.....I know.....

That's $25,000/ea. right? Hv u considered FDM prototyping? They can use solid, hard plastics. Also, I am interested in purchasing any cad files for the suit components. I would kinda like a complete set, but sometimes life doesn't role like that, so..., what cha got, and what cha want/copy. (count in pennies please :p ) Anyone interested in makin' a complete set? If you give it for free or $50.00, I'll give you 1 suit at cost when I sell the plastic (hopefully DOT approved) replicas! I am looking at a 1-2 yr production time for this one. Then we'll be moving into making a few of the plates metal, getting funding, adapting/installing a "power suit" package($50k+-!) software, optics and other junk that will take 5-10 yrs, unless a lot of great miracles come together. Wish me luck, and remember, I make great deals to any labor "investors," esp. in the 3D design cad stuff. I hv a friend interested in helping me make this happen that grosses 6figures/mo. avg. Even though he makes a lot of money, he's like Bill Gates, he won't let the bank lose a single PENNY! If you do you'll be poor before you can blink! Only rich BRATS throw away money, know of any?? Anyway, email me with any comments or reply.

Hoya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back