Legendary Armor - Master Chief Hand, Arm, Shoulder Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, while I dont want to marry you doods or your armor, I'd fancy a look at it in person one day. We(as in the community) gotta plan a con :D HAHAHAH so I can touch the MC helmet, HAHAHAHAHHAAH, oh yeah I went there HAHAHAHAH!

You know what I just thought of... based on your video of your "durability test," that custom composite, "hyperfirm X" that you guys are using..

Not that you guys are building one, but that would be the perfect material to cast the main head for a grav hammer prop. Maybe not a solid piece, but either a hollowed out version, or something like that. Would make it somewhat functional and you'll be able to keep all those comic con geeks from getting too close..

Just a thought! As much as I shouldnt try anything else right now, I wouldnt mind trying to build a to-scale version..

Skullcandy Girl said:
Well, while I dont want to marry you doods or your armor, I'd fancy a look at it in person one day. We(as in the community) gotta plan a con :D HAHAHAH so I can touch the MC helmet, HAHAHAHAHHAAH, oh yeah I went there HAHAHAHAH!
LOLZ HAHAHAAHAHAHA Dorko, hey hun its my fantasy darnit!! grrrrrrrr hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Xes is working on the bicep and shoulder files for SLA. Also the thigh files are dones as well. We will get our quote back on Monday hopefully and pull the trigger for this stuff.

This is a huge misonception BTW.....
Just because you have a 3D file of something and it looks great on screen, doesn't mean it's ready for SLA or CNC. These files were nowhere near ready for output. Some of the work to prep the file for output took several days to get right. There are tons of naked edges and such that all need to be manually repaired prior to send out for output. Let's face it, you don't want to make a $2000+ mistake do you?

Xes has done a spectacular job in making the files output ready.

Adam said:
is hyperfirm a type of rubber, or something you guys coined?

Yeah; is it similar to polypropylene?

slavefive said:
...LoL...dude you found out our secret!!!...the armor weighs in at a mere 3-4oz. and only costs as much as 15 sheets of printed paper...

Is that color or black and white? ;)

Freaking amazing guys!

BishopX/Xes: From what I gather so far you are prop makers or something?

Forearm%20Prep%2002.JPG

Forearm%20Prep%2003.JPG

Forearm%20Mold%2002.JPG

What is the stuff you’re using to support the master? Clay?
And did u actually cut the master in half?

They did not cut it in half. Look at how much clay there is and how deep the box is. The rest of it is just covered in clay. (i think)

Xavier said:
They did not cut it in half. Look at how much clay there is and how deep the box is. The rest of it is just covered in clay. (i think)
Essentially. No Masters were harmed in this production.

Correct Xavier. The master is "split" by clay. Once the first half is poured in silicone, the box is flipped, clay removed, master cleaned up and second side of silicone poured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back