Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God 4 real life hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(PETER COOPER'S, someotherguy on the site I can't remember name, Weta's, and Yours)

3499983064_5499690b90_o.jpg
UPDATE
MAY 2

Not a lot done today. Got my welder problem solved and back in business. Went back and got most of the old welds ground out and done right. Still have few more to do. Mostly on the inside of the chassis. I got a little bit started on the ft of each side. Tomorrow i am hoping to finish the ft frame up and weld out the inside of the framework. Photo bucket is being a pain for me. Thinking of trying flicker or something else. I have also started a album on my myspace. www.myspace.com/safjist_nipnog if anyone wants to look at it. I have a 8 mega pix camera so trying to find something that will let me save it online full size. All the one i have posted are cropped and resized with microsoft office to save space.

marioknight92 said:
Hey you know you going to take me cursing when it's done right? lol JK but nice finely some one is tackling this project.

Think you may have to get in the long line the way eveyone has been posting. Maybe i should charge by the head. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should start an armor division! Scorpions and warthogs (pumas for you RvB fans) and mongooses/mongeese and hornets.

Tyvern said:
Oh my God 4 real life hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(PETER COOPER'S, someotherguy on the site I can't remember name, Weta's, and Yours)

Yep, Peter's Operation Chastity hog, Helljumpers, Rideicon, Weta's and mine. I have run across a couple of others on different sites but they haven't been updated in a long time so i don't know if they were scrapped or what?

ADOR said:
Photo bucket is being a pain for me. Thinking of trying flicker or something else. I have also started a album on my myspace. www.myspace.com/safjit_nipnog if anyone wants to look at it. I have a 8 mega pix camera so trying to find something that will let me save it online full size. All the one i have posted are cropped and resized with microsoft office to save space.

I use zetaboards.com

Lol it a free forum hosting software tat allows image hosting on the board you create just make a forum and and put it in offline mode and go to staff spot make a topic and right under the message box should be a long box with a browse button next to it like you see on here.. hope that helps

Awesome work, you've realy got a large amount of work ahead of you, but man imagine the trade in value!!! lol, just kidding I cant imagine you'd ever want to get rid of it once it's complete!

juggernaut said:
Yeah buddy still looking good. All the pieces look level/square. I'll checkout that myspace too!

That's why i haven't been trying to get too speedy on it. I have had a few parts that i had to re do before it was/looked right.

looks good, im Excited as are most of the other people who have read this thread.
Very good work, Keep it up !

ps are you going to make your own fibreglass body parts?

That's really a key thing (when you said was/looked right). You can make your frame perfectly level but if the chassis doesn't sit level, then it will look wrong anyway. Sometimes the tape measure is the only way to go, but sometimes ya just gotta eyeball it!!
Keep it up!!

Nice work.
Personally, I'd take a completely different approach on the frame.
But l want to see this finished (not just started like others out there)

Texan2012 said:
If your driving I call the machine gun turret!

BTW, cool project there ADOR, I'll keep an eye on this one!

lol someone should try a mongoose...

UNIT-SPARTAN#007 said:
lol someone should try a mongoose...

We were considering a Mongoose for Operation Chastity - it's surprisingly difficult to find a quadbike base that isn't absolutely huge like the Mongoose is. We were going to use Honda 250 Quads, and see if we could up-size the wheels before working on a fibreglass body. Would have probably been more expensive than our Warthog by the end of it!

CPU64, out of interest, what would you have done differently?

TODAY'S UPDATE
MAY 4

Got started back on the Warthog again today. ( my 3 and 4 year old boys went back to there mothers today) So i got a late start and late finish. It's all most 1 am and i have just come in from the shop. I have all day tomorrow too. I will be working on the sides and hopefully the top. I was running low on steel so after i dropped my boys off i picked up 20 more feet of 2" x 4" tubing and 40 more feet of 2" x 2" for this and another project. I got the FT end finished and i think it looks good. Also got the frame up in primer. Got a couple of wedge pieces to cut out and put on the FT and side where i went from 2 x 4 to 2 x 2 to give it the right look. I finished welding up the gaps and primed it all before i came in for the night. I will have those pictures tomorrow. The below pictures are right before i got it all welded up. ( I HAVE EDITED ALL MY POSTS TO FLICKER PICTURES. THE SAME PICTURES WERE USED)

3503759214_d93e9a0dec_o.jpg

3502922425_a229e43d9e_o.jpg

3502922411_1db1537041_o.jpg

3502894387_846094e70d_o.jpg

3502922401_bc0acc4dee_o.jpg

dallis said:
looks good, im Excited as are most of the other people who have read this thread.
Very good work, Keep it up !

ps are you going to make your own fibreglass body parts?

I have made smaller parts and 2 foot x 2 foot square panels in fiberglass. I am looking a that and shaping plastic for the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back