LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the iphone idea as well. Where do you stick it at so it'll recieve voice commands? Also, just a quick question: When you scaled your thigh pieces all those months ago, How exactly did you get your measurements? The thigh piece I made ended up too large, but each time I measure, I get the same reading. what am I doing wrong?

Good luck with your move and all. Keep it real!

The Thigh piece I had to do by Trial and Error. I ended up pepping 3 pieces till I got one that fit me --and-- one of the pieces ended up a bit warped but still fits and looks good.

I think it's looking pretty good! Way to go!

Thanks! I'm still in the tweaking stages... otherwise I'd call it done.

sorry i forgot to ask but i posted your work in my blog if you want me to remove it i can

Which blog?

....Speechless. Amazing work.

Thanks!

I read up on your thread. Sorry to hear that your pulling the plug on the project.

FYI: I had spent about 6 weeks of solid reading and planning before tackling my project. YES the biggest hurdle is the scaling. There is no question about it. I had spent stupid amounts of time pepping my pieces and test fitting them before being able to go to the next stage. In fact I found that the pepping is the LONGEST part of the process. The rest goes quicker.

Good luck with your next attempt.

Cheers!

Because of your determination I am going to work twice as hard to build my version of Noble Six's armor. The version I want to make is based on my version of the armor from Halo Reach. My version of Six's armor is a mix of the reach armor and ODST armor. However, the only parts I want to use from the ODST armor are the helmet and shoulder armor and have the rest of the armor just be the reach armor.

Sweet to here that! Don't forget to post progress pics so that we can help to keep you inspired and motivated. As well as to help you with coming up with solutions to problems that you may encounter along the way.

Sweet to here that! Don't forget to post progress pics so that we can help to keep you inspired and motivated. As well as to help you with coming up with solutions to problems that you may encounter along the way.

Thanks for your support. As soon as I get the right printer I will get started and I'll start posting pictures for you and everyone else.

Ok guys.

Quick update on my move... I'm about 90% moved into my new location. My "Workshop" right now is acting as temorary storage for all the junk that found from moving. This Junk will get organized, stored and or recycled. I expect it to take me 1-2 weeks (maby 3) to sort all this out before I can get the area prepped up for workshop duties. Like the LED tutorial that I still want to do. I was hoping to get the tutorial done mid November but things don't always pan out the way that I want them to.

Other things still to do...
-Web site reorganization. Mostly to deal with the vast number of photos that I want to add.
-Pepping a weapon
-pep a new forearm piece to hold my iPhone (cortana)
-LED flasher to simulate Master Chiefs shields being regenerated.
and more...

Stay tuned!

Whew. Well I marathoned through this thread last night/this morning. I can tell you awesome job, but you know that already... but hell. Still. Awesome job!

Y'know when you're wearing the suit without the helmet, it confirms something I always suspected. Gordon Freeman is Master Chief! I KNEW IT! Hah, but seriously, first thing I thought when I saw you in it.

I have a question though. Well, two. Both related to the expanding foam. First... I don't get why you used it on the helmet. I know there's a reason but I never really saw what it was. You put it in around the visor, then cut the visor free, and I don't really know why.

Second, after you foamed the toe onto your boot, I saw the toe again later and it looked like there was no foam on it at all when you showed an image of the toe-piece off the boot. Does it (the foam) all stay stuck to the boot, or...?

And also, huge props, more than for the armor, for how you detailed everything and kept on top of questions. Stand-up contribution to the community, and that takes a lot more than it does, I think, to make a piece of armor. Hats off.

Ok guys.

Quick update on my move... I'm about 90% moved into my new location. My "Workshop" right now is acting as temorary storage for all the junk that found from moving. This Junk will get organized, stored and or recycled. I expect it to take me 1-2 weeks (maby 3) to sort all this out before I can get the area prepped up for workshop duties. Like the LED tutorial that I still want to do. I was hoping to get the tutorial done mid November but things don't always pan out the way that I want them to.

Other things still to do...
-Web site reorganization. Mostly to deal with the vast number of photos that I want to add.
-Pepping a weapon
-pep a new forearm piece to hold my iPhone (cortana)
-LED flasher to simulate Master Chiefs shields being regenerated.
and more...

Stay tuned!

I can't wait to see the led tutorial. I also like the fact that your using your iPhone as Cortana.

Great thread LongShot-X! *2 thumbs up*

You are one of about 5 people on here (that i have seen) whos work i have a great respect for. Amazing dude.

Cheers.

Awesome, awesome work man. I just got Reach about a month ago, after not having played since 2 came out. It hyped me into wanting to make my own armor :D. I've done paper models in the past, so that part at least is familiar to me.

One question though...your site has been down for a few days, any idea when it'll be back up?

I just got it back up now. My servers power supply blew. :(
Had it replaced yesterday. Then had to run a restore from my backups due to one of the HDD's patch job earlier this month. I say patch job, because the repair process did not like the windows updates that I was doing. Technically it screwed up the GPT partion of the raid array's partition. I just finished rebuilding the GPT from the backup GPT.

Assuming that there are no more suprises... "It's fixed!" YAY!!!!! :) :) :)

I'll be answering and responding to the prev posts in due time... Need to verify that the patch job won't cause any more issues for future updates. This means that the site and pics will up and down a several times for the next 4 hours or so.

Thanks for your concerns.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back