LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Longshot, did you scale your armor? Or manually size it through trial and error? I scaled my armor's shin using a Mark VI reference picture, and so the height matches my own shin, but it seems bulky width wise. I like how yours seems fitted, so any advise?

^ that ones really funny shes like "Oh S**T hes REAL?!"

LOL! That's a good one! --and-- your probably right!
I've had numerous people say "OMFG it looks like you walked right out of the game!" That makes me smile from ear to ear!

Hey, Longshot, did you scale your armor? Or manually size it through trial and error? I scaled my armor's shin using a Mark VI reference picture, and so the height matches my own shin, but it seems bulky width wise. I like how yours seems fitted, so any advise?

Ahhh the shin. Yes this has been a topic of many discussions.

When making my shins, I had to consider a few things:
1st - Those shins are designed for John 117. A man that is 7 feet tall and very muscular.
2nd - I'm not John 117. I'm 5'9/5'10. Skinny and not so... muscular. OK OK... Im all skin and bones LOL

If you want the shins to have the proper height, then yes. They will be wide and bulky. I found that I did not like this either. It limited my freedom of mobility with regards to kneeling and it did not "fit" well.

This now meant I have 2 choices: Do I want it to have the proper proportioned HEIGHT or a proper FIT.

I decided I wanted it to FIT properly. This meant that I had to make them smaller. I used trial and error until I found the right fit. Meaning I could just scrape my foot through the openings (backwards), pull the shin up and then rotate it (forwards). The end result was a reduction of 20% in the size from the proper height. (For my legs!)

This left a problem. The shin is now shorter and does not come up to the knee caps like it should. My solution was to put some black expanders on the bottom to raise the shin up to its proper knee cap height. It worked out perfectly and still looks AWESOME!

Hope that helps.

:)

Yeah, okay, I have the general picture. Thanks for sharing! The end result is amazing... and bright! lol

Had to replace the center piece of the visor.
2000km of road travelling scratches finaly did it.
However, I'm not thrilled at the color. It does look cool --but-- its not the "GOLD" that I ordered.
It was ordered from the exact same place along with the exact prev part#.
In fact now that i look at the dates. The two orders are exactly 1 year apart (to with in a few hours)
It would seem that either it was a miss pick or someone incorrectly labelled the visor or the manufacturing process was off.
In any case, I'm now searching for a proper gold visor.

IM000571.JPG

Cheers!

Looks really sexy!
(Wait.. when did I become infantrymen lol!)

Congrats to the Infrantrymen!

Love the helmet... (Except center visor... Hope you find the actual gold visor.) :D

HURA! Located the last 2 GOLD (untinted) visors from this vendor (www.canadasmotorcycle.ca) They only had 2 left. Both are on there way.
Direct link to product: http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/hjc-fs-10-is-16-fs-15-cs-r1-cl-15-cl-16-shield.html

More updates later!

I hate to hear you got jipped on your visor buddy. At least you found the right one this time. Hey LS, do you have some detail shots of the interior of your helmet? I am at the padding stage and wanted to take a look at what you did with yours. I appreciate any help you can give.

I also like the two toned. It gives it a more of a custom suit, like you have done with the rest of the suit.

Thx Longshot! Finally I can post in the thread I love now because they're all in elite section. I just want to express how I feel to them before but I can't lol now I can XD And now then. You visor looks really badass. I wish I could do mine like yours someday too.

The server had a HDD failure. None of the pics on this thread will show up until I have recovered the data and replace the drive. ETA should be with in a few days. (hopefully)

The server had a HDD failure. None of the pics on this thread will show up until I have recovered the data and replace the drive. ETA should be with in a few days. (hopefully)

Replacement Drive is installed and Data is restored. All pics in this thread should be working.

Cheers!

Glad to hear you are back online buddy. Do you have any shots of the inside of your helmet by chance?

Pics seem to work, have you replaced the visor yet? lol. XD

New GOLD visors have arrived. BUT I've decided to do a photo shoot with the blue tinted visor before I decide to swap it out. I just might leave the blue tinted one in, depending upon how the photo's turn out.

Glad to hear you are back online buddy. Do you have any shots of the inside of your helmet by chance?

Yes! I do have pics of in the inside of the helm. I'll be posting those, after I finish dealing with the rest of the recovered data. (should be in the next few days) Stay tuned!

EDIT:

The Helm. My very 1st pepped piece.
im000599.jpg

Back corner view. Showing the rear 2 LED pannels
im000597.jpg

The Inside with the liner and padding.
im000572.jpg

Removing the front face liner to expose the electronics on the inside
im000577.jpg

The inside consists of 2x 12V fans blowing fresh air into the helm.
2x 12V battery packs consisting of 16 "AA" batteries.
6 LED's - 2 for the back pannels and 4 for the Helm Lights
2 switches - One for the fans and one for the LEDs
im000584.jpg

Showing one of the 6v packs
im000585.jpg

Showing the other 6V battery pack.
im000582.jpg

I found it very important to make sure that I had plenty of juice to power the fans for the 3 day event at the CCEE 2011.
Nothing worse than having to take the helm off because of steam build up on the visor. XD

Full (low res) Roll here
im000572.jpg

cheers!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the pics my friend. It looks really nice in there. I think I may have to add one or two more fans myself. I have a feeling that one just isn't gonna be enough. Thanks again!

WOW!!! that is one sweet set up you have going on that helmet. Thank you for posting this, Now I have some idea of how it should look.

Thanks for all the pics my friend. It looks really nice in there. I think I may have to add one or two more fans myself. I have a feeling that one just isn't gonna be enough. Thanks again!

LOL! Its a hobby that has no end. :)

WOW!!! that is one sweet set up you have going on that helmet. Thank you for posting this, Now I have some idea of how it should look.

Thanks Thorn. Fantastic progress on your project too! :)

On another note: Looks like I'll have a small feature on Halo Waypoint again. http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/waypoint-schedule-july-18-24/113045
Along with another 405th friend and his son (Jorge and Grunt). Kudo's guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back