Ma5C Assault Rifle Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanSRS

Well, after I've taken a break from my recon helmet.. I haven't really touched it but I have the supplies. I started working on my assault rifle for the past few days. I've just nearly finished the pepakura stage and boy did I use a lot of glue! :D. Instead of resining the outside I was thinking of using spray on truck bedliner and filling the hollow inside with bondo. Would that work? Your insight would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

I think putting the grip is probably going to be the hardest part now..

-SpartanSRS

Pictures:

P1160727.jpg

P1160728.jpg

Outlawwolf117 said:
that's pretty cool. how hard is it to make that?

Well it takes awhile, but the cutting is easier than helmets. The problem is that it closes up and you have to improvise... A LOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
SpartanSRS said:
Well it takes awhile, but the cutting is easier than helmets. The problem is that it closes up and you have to improvise... A LOT.

you shouldve done what i did, start at teh barrel and work your way to the handle, it worked for me....unfortunatley it met the same fate as my hayabusa did, crushed while movin into a new house.....go figure

sweet. I have been meaning to make me one of those for a while but i didnt want to get it and find out it was just a waist of time.

good job :)

Underdogg13 said:
How do you expect to go about fiberglassing that?

Not very sure... I'm thinking of using spray on truck bedliner on the outside to harden it and then fill it up with hardner.

Well you got some warpage in that. fix that before you go ahead doing something else. as for difficulty, this model is pretty low def so its pretty easy, and for fiberglassing, what i do is when you get halfway through the rifle glass that area. when u are done, finish the other half and fiberglass that half. when you r done with both sides, glue them together and finish off with resin

I thought I saw a thread awhile back where someone was using smoothcast inside a helmet after it had been pepped/resined. I wonder if you could do the same for weapons so you don't have to split them up to fiberglass the inside. I might be totally wrong though and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Nice pep by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back