Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks amazing! You've done a great job mate.
Looks just great! I really like the chest! Everything looks perfect and proportionable.
I scaled my chest also a little tight, so you will definitely see the lower part of the underarmor. At first I was a little annoyed by that fact, but now I think it'll look ok.
How do you think about it?

Looks amazing! You've done a great job mate.
Thanks Squishy!

Great looking paint job.
I like my spartans dirty! :p

Looks really good Mac!
Excellent work my friend :)
Now get it all on and take some pictures!!
I'm working on it!! Haha I still need to do some body work on the boots but I've been doing the finishing work on my other pieces!

Looks just great! I really like the chest! Everything looks perfect and proportionable.
I scaled my chest also a little tight, so you will definitely see the lower part of the underarmor. At first I was a little annoyed by that fact, but now I think it'll look ok.
How do you think about it?
What do you mean? This is how mine looks..

I weathered the cod piece with the time I had today and a thigh but here are some pictures you may enjoy!
th_120614-191551.jpg
th_120614-191619.jpg
th_120614-191731.jpg
th_120614-191658.jpg
th_120614-191756.jpg
~Mac

Awesome, awesome job! Nice work on scaling, smoothing, painting, all of it.

I think your Halo 3 build was one of the first pepakura projects on here that I tuned in to, seeing so many parts happen so quickly was pretty inspiring stuff!

Glad to see you still building excellent armor.

Pics look great!
Very well done!!!

Righteous job man :)
I am lovin it! Keep up the great work

Nice pics Mac. Cant wait to see the full suit.

This is turning out amazing. Great weathering.

I really Love the detailing on the paint here. Awesome looking build.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!! I can't wait to see finished suit pictures just as much as you! :D

Awesome, awesome job! Nice work on scaling, smoothing, painting, all of it.

I think your Halo 3 build was one of the first pepakura projects on here that I tuned in to, seeing so many parts happen so quickly was pretty inspiring stuff!

Glad to see you still building excellent armor.

I remember those early days. I was hand sanding everything and it really was hard work but I worked my butt off at that time! This is my year to get it done though!!

thats beast but wat do you use to make the helmet hard so it wont fall apart

I used fiberglass resin and cloth. There are some tutorials in the stickies of this section but this should be able to explain it a little better! http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/1572-Resining-amp-Fibre-Glassing-Tutorial-How-To
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Well lets see.. Where to start.. My thighs are done! Shins are done! Working on the boots!
I for one just hate hate hate the look of the plunger shoes! So I looked at all my options and came up with this. It is 3/8" Poly Foam Caulk Backing hot glued together. I will plasidip it for protection and the nice rubberized coating!!
th_Photo0968.jpgth_Photo0967.jpg
th_Photo0965.jpgth_Photo0966.jpg

th_Photo0973.jpgth_Photo0974.jpgth_Photo0977.jpg

th_Photo0969.jpgth_Photo0971.jpg

Enjoy!
~ Mac

LMAO!!!
Great minds think alike Mac!
For the past several months, I been thinking... What to do about those damn boot joints! I had thought of the backer filler foam as well. That or black automotive hose (obviously bigger diam. Than what I used for the helmet rebreathers)

Looks great man!
Keep it up!

Dave/Cereal.

Looking good Mac! Great find for the boot covers. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Your boots are the last piece, right? After this, you'll be finished?! This whole thread has been great, and I just realized that it started way back before I even joined. Long time coming. Great job!

LMAO!!!
Great minds think alike Mac!
For the past several months, I been thinking... What to do about those damn boot joints! I had thought of the backer filler foam as well. That or black automotive hose (obviously bigger diam. Than what I used for the helmet rebreathers)

Looks great man!
Keep it up!

Dave/Cereal.

Thanks Dave!!

Looking good Mac! Great find for the boot covers. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Your boots are the last piece, right? After this, you'll be finished?! This whole thread has been great, and I just realized that it started way back before I even joined. Long time coming. Great job!

Yea, it's the last piece!! It's been a long time coming indeed!! Things just need to be weathered and glued together. :D

wow you are good with pepakura. I suck at it so I use different materials.

It just takes practice!

I got the filler work done on the buckles!! I got the painting done a bit too!! There's a little bit of foam that will become the soles of the boots in the picture. That will be plasti-dipped!

th_Photo0979.jpg
th_Photo0997.jpgth_Photo0996.jpgth_Photo0998.jpg

~ Mac

the boots look great! But I agree with carpa, you've gotta scuff them up a bit xD And oh my gosh you might have your whole suit done in the next 2 days? Been waiting forever to see pics of this all together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back