CHEST-4149g.png

Torso
So heavy yet it really just looks so good. I was sooo happy with the outcome and now that I FINALLY figured out the clasping system, it is practically perfect. I had a lot of problem like I mentioned earlier with the scale and how the Galactic Armory files are put together. Really, that guy should try printing his own models out and wear them.

Essential 3D edits - I widened the arm wholes ALOT. I also had some regrets later after I printed it that I didn't widen it enough so I used boiling hot water to deform the chest plate to widen them a bit more. I wanted to reduce how my biceps rubbed on the side. Now it all fits very comfortably. But my advice to anyone else...go even wider on the arm holes. Just go all the way. The Halo 1-3 armor had it right. I also added the 117 number directly to the armor itself in a nice 3D bevel. It

Clasping system - I first went with a magnet and velcro combination. That sucked. Then I went with a stronger velcro and no magnet...that sucked even more. Then I went FULL MAGNET, and now when I put the pieces together it makes a satisfying CLUNK sound and it feels like I am almost welded into the suit. I should never have doubted your advice Rock Lobbster!

Cooling System - The cooling system rocks, and I am about to add a few more tweaks, like sealing in the intake section to the vents outside. I have it all connected to a 10,000ma battery...which I think will last me around 11+hours of the fans on full blast. And the fans are not loud at all. It just adds a slight hum to my armor which is probably cool to people outside.

Padding - I used the padding that came with my 3D printer to pad the neck and shoulders of the armor. It reallly reallly really helps. It is an essential upgrade. I also added some high density foam to peak out on either side of the shoulders. It looks great and it also serves the purpose of hiding the clasp for the shoulder pad armor and creates a buffer for them too. It is SO nice.

TIP - Don't do what I did and make the 3D print super thick and tough. Unless you are like going to fight a person with a baseball bat or something...you just don't need the torso to be that tough.

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG

Closeup of the fans. The intake are the holes I drilled in the intake fins on the back.

Last edited:
View attachment 335723

Torso
So heavy yet it really just looks so good. I was sooo happy with the outcome and now that I FINALLY figured out the clasping system, it is practically perfect. I had a lot of problem like I mentioned earlier with the scale and how the Galactic Armory files are put together. Really, that guy should try printing his own models out and wear them.

Essential 3D edits - I widened the arm wholes ALOT. I also had some regrets later after I printed it that I didn't widen it enough so I used boiling hot water to deform the chest plate to widen them a bit more. I wanted to reduce how my biceps rubbed on the side. Now it all fits very comfortably. But my advice to anyone else...go even wider on the arm holes. Just go all the way. The Halo 1-3 armor had it right. I also added the 117 number directly to the armor itself in a nice 3D bevel. It

Clasping system - I first went with a magnet and velcro combination. That sucked. Then I went with a stronger velcro and no magnet...that sucked even more. Then I went FULL MAGNET, and now when I put the pieces together it makes a satisfying CLUNK sound and it feels like I am almost welded into the suit. I should never have doubted your advice Rock Lobbster!

Cooling System - The cooling system rocks, and I am about to add a few more tweaks, like sealing in the intake section to the vents outside. I have it all connected to a 10,000ma battery...which I think will last me around 11+hours of the fans on full blast. And the fans are not loud at all. It just adds a slight hum to my armor which is probably cool to people outside.

Padding - I used the padding that came with my 3D printer to pad the neck and shoulders of the armor. It reallly reallly really helps. It is an essential upgrade. I also added some high density foam to peak out on either side of the shoulders. It looks great and it also serves the purpose of hiding the clasp for the shoulder pad armor and creates a buffer for them too. It is SO nice.

TIP - Don't do what I did and make the 3D print super thick and tough. Unless you are like going to fight a person with a baseball bat or something...you just don't need the torso to be that tough.

View attachment 335724
View attachment 335725
View attachment 335726
How are you connecting the two parts, i tryed magnets but they were not strong enought to pull them together and hold them that's how i broke the first chest

ARMS-2608g.png

Arms - I made a lot more adjustments to this part of the armor than I thought...but I am happy I did. Especially the biceps and how they connect to the shoulder pad armor.

Biceps & Shoulders - I did the best I could on scaling and editing the arms to allow for the best range of movement I could get. It is an almost impossible task. My goal was that I should be able to put on all the armor myself without any help. Now that I finally fixed the torso clasping problem, I have achieved that goal. Having it so the biceps clips to the torso and then I can slip my arms in helps SOOOOOOOOO much. And with all the padding I added to the biceps they are very comfortable. No pinching or chaffing at all.
IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

Wrists - The little magnets to hold the detachable wrist part just weren't working for me. If I flexed my forearm they popped right off. So I resorted to elastic rope to hold them into place. It works almost too well. It takes a lot of force to get them to snap a little open so I can squeeze my hands through. But once they are on they are on. And again, I can put them on by myself.

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

Gloves - I like the look of these glove and that they let me use my smartphone...but they are definitely not durable at all. They were the only gloves I could find that were XXL that fit my hands comfortably and that I liked the look of. But the velcro started wearing out almost immediately which I had to replace, and they are already splitting at the seams. I still don't think they are big enough. But luckily attaching the little armor hand plates to gloves is a synch now that I have a super deluxe hot gun.
IMG_0094.JPG

How are you connecting the two parts, i tryed magnets but they were not strong enought to pull them together and hold them that's how i broke the first chest

I 3D modeled and printed a special part for the 2x 44lb strength magnets to attach to for the backplate. and I just screwed on 2x 44lb strength magnets on the front torso part so that they snap/lock into the backplate. It wasn't easy and I feel I made the whole problem way to overcomplicated. But at least it now works.

IMG_0095.jpg

Helmet - And even though I didn't get the honor of 3D printing the helmet...which definitely would have been cool, I am very happy with that Gamestop one I purchased. It is comfortable, my size, and when I repainted it it looks great. And that VISOR IS AMAZING! The visibility is just amazing. And then the little LED lights on the side are just perfection.

HUGE Tip - As almost everybody on this forum knows, fans are absolutely essential for these helmets. I had a very small 10mm usb powered fan in the helmet I thought was going to work on keeping the helmet from fogging up. LOL. I could not see after wearing it for 1 minute with that fan on full blast. Luckily for me I had a backup system I brought just in case and it ended up being a life saver. I bought one of those silly USB powered neck fans for $14 thinking I would try it out on the inside of my armor. But then I noticed that it fit nicely into the top part of the helmet. That neck fan lasted the full 5+ hours I wore that helmet but I just had it level 2 speed out of 3. It is pretty loud, but I felt my small 10mm fan I originally had was more annoying. And I could still hold a conversation in at the loud PAX convention with those fans going. So now the neck fan is an essential helmet upgrade for me.

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

View attachment 335730

Arms - I made a lot more adjustments to this part of the armor than I thought...but I am happy I did. Especially the biceps and how they connect to the shoulder pad armor.

Biceps & Shoulders - I did the best I could on scaling and editing the arms to allow for the best range of movement I could get. It is an almost impossible task. My goal was that I should be able to put on all the armor myself without any help. Now that I finally fixed the torso clasping problem, I have achieved that goal. Having it so the biceps clips to the torso and then I can slip my arms in helps SOOOOOOOOO much. And with all the padding I added to the biceps they are very comfortable. No pinching or chaffing at all.
View attachment 335732
View attachment 335733
View attachment 335734

Wrists - The little magnets to hold the detachable wrist part just weren't working for me. If I flexed my forearm they popped right off. So I resorted to elastic rope to hold them into place. It works almost too well. It takes a lot of force to get them to snap a little open so I can squeeze my hands through. But once they are on they are on. And again, I can put them on by myself.

View attachment 335735
View attachment 335736
View attachment 335738
View attachment 335737

Gloves - I like the look of these glove and that they let me use my smartphone...but they are definitely not durable at all. They were the only gloves I could find that were XXL that fit my hands comfortably and that I liked the look of. But the velcro started wearing out almost immediately which I had to replace, and they are already splitting at the seams. I still don't think they are big enough. But luckily attaching the little armor hand plates to gloves is a synch now that I have a super deluxe hot gun.
View attachment 335739
i have the same issue with gloves not fitting to small but i did find these glove and i love them they fit great and you can pick up things with them..
amazon has them there called (madgrip glove and the look close to his gloves)

You have solved an issue I've tried to figure out many times with the gauntlets, your version looks and works perfectly for fitting you're hand through without compromising the sizing to make it work. Looks great!

You have solved an issue I've tried to figure out many times with the gauntlets, your version looks and works perfectly for fitting you're hand through without compromising the sizing to make it work. Looks great!
Glad I could help. I just printed little velcro strap holders that I glue to the inside (see attached). These are of course scaled to fit the inside of my 3d model but they should work in a pinch.

Attachments

• forarm-velcro-03.stl
    57.7 KB · Views: 72
  • forarm-velcro-02.stl
    64.1 KB · Views: 72
  • forarm-velcro-01.stl
    67.2 KB · Views: 90
IMG_6388 Copy.jpeg
IMG_0229.jpeg

I did a suit test at my university today. All the new magnetic clasps worked perfectly, the new neck piece I printed out was amazing, and the updated foam padding in my shin armor really made a world of difference. The armor is 95% comfortable to wear with the exception of the thigh armor clanging together. If only I had shaved off more from the 3d model before printing. A major tip to anyone else...make the inner thigh armor as smooth of obstructions as possible.

2023-10-03 (1).png

IMG_0249.JPG

Halo Power Core
The Power Core for my Master Chief costume. I wanted a weapon/prop I could use in public without people freaking out. It definitely turns heads.

I purchased the original STL model from Halo Fusion Coil | Aguilar Workshop and I heavily modified it to suit my purposes. As you can see I added the engraved 405th logo and a bunch of other labels on it. I printed the max size I could fit on my 3d printer which puts it around 505mm, around 20" tall, which puts it pretty close to real size in the Halo games.

In total it took around 4kg of filament which is about 4 days of solid 3D printing. I used a transparent Sunlu PETG filament for the inside hollow core part and Sunlu pla+ black for the rest. I have a 10,000ma USB power bank installed inside the base with a double animated led bar set inside.

I'll have more photos when I debut it at the HALOWC 2023 cosplay contest!

That Fusion Coil is amazing! Your documentation is *Chefs kiss*. Creative and functional, will definitely reference a few bits of this. Clean and sturdy looking magnet setup as well! Well done!

View attachment 336729
View attachment 336730
View attachment 336731

Halo Power Core
The Power Core for my Master Chief costume. I wanted a weapon/prop I could use in public without people freaking out. It definitely turns heads.

I purchased the original STL model from Halo Fusion Coil | Aguilar Workshop and I heavily modified it to suit my purposes. As you can see I added the engraved 405th logo and a bunch of other labels on it. I printed the max size I could fit on my 3d printer which puts it around 505mm, around 20" tall, which puts it pretty close to real size in the Halo games.

In total it took around 4kg of filament which is about 4 days of solid 3D printing. I used a transparent Sunlu PETG filament for the inside hollow core part and Sunlu pla+ black for the rest. I have a 10,000ma USB power bank installed inside the base with a double animated led bar set inside.

I'll have more photos when I debut it at the HALOWC 2023 cosplay contest!
I love the power core just awesome now i got to build one dang im running out of space for all this stuff lol.

This is great, thank you. I've recentl;y acquired the galactic armoury files and starting to notice some of the glaring issues with it. Namely the chest pieces being mis-sized and not aligning.

Did you modify the files before printing or end up cutting them out post print?

Also you mix and matched with files from cgtrader?

I am glad I was able to help you. I'll contact the guys at Galactic Armory again to ask them to fix the problem. It sucks that people are finding out after the fact.

Man, a lot of good work! I also bought Galactic Armor and I'm not satisfied, the thighs were printed full. After printing and putting them on, I realized that I would have to do the splits and I don't know how to cut the inside. pages. I don't know what I'll do now :(
414636196_1060381155281684_5262918991304388684_n.jpg

I realized that I would have to do the splits and I don't know how to cut the inside. pages. I don't know what I'll do now :(
Made the same observation on my first build thread using GA's mk-VI armor. Thighs are 40mm thick in some places.
I took a saws-all to them to cut out the interior portions so I didn't have to walk as bow legged as a 1950's movie cowboy. But of course then I had to back-fill the cut edges.

> I'll contact the guys at Galactic Armory again to ask them to fix the problem.

Good luck with that. Hopefully you get a better answer than I did. When I wrote them asking if they could re-export the forearm armor at a higher poly count because of all the faceting (causing LOTS of extra sanding to smooth out round) the answer that came back was "no". And I mean *just* "no" and nothing else. "I'm afraid I don't have anything like that". I kinda get the impression they out-source the modeling, or did at the time those files were made, and don't have the source CAD files to do any work to. That's just a guess based one all the cross talk I see like in this thread and the replies I've gotten to fix requests.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back