mark VI WIP ( helmet ) pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep on working! You are doing good so far from what I see! Just be careful of warping(Lop siding)! That really gets in the way.

it's a arts and crafts type of glue commonly used in elementary school so it doesn't dry as quickly and its a lot less stronger than super glue so i wouldn't imagine it being much of an improvement from super glue.

Elmer's Glue, or pretty much any PVA-based glue, is deceptively strong. The paper will give before the glue does. As I mentioned earlier, I've been using Elmer's for every pep build I've done, with no issues. I can't promote this stuff enough. It's inexpensive, easy to use, non-toxic, and it won't stick your fingers together, leave a nasty residue or burn you.

yeah it is strong just prefer the super glue that i use because it dries within 10-15 seconds is you hold it still.

i know its not finished on the pepping phase but this is just an update on what it looks like so far

DSCF2820_zps94c3e5cb.jpg

DSCF2821_zps840327ea.jpg

DSCF2822_zps7cca23ea.jpg

DSCF2823_zps8189465e.jpg

Wow this process would drive me insane. Keep it up it looks pretty good so far.

yeah its easy to do in general but it takes a bit to get used to because once you see 2d paper go to a life size 3d prop you feel a genuine sense of accomplishment in a way.

Very nice :)
I do have a question, did you size/scale it beforehand? If you did, what were the original dimensions and was and how much you increased/decreased it?

nice job so far brother. how long did that take you and i was wondering wheere you got the pep file for that at because i cant upload the ones on pepakura.com at all or the files on this site

Very nice :)
I do have a question, did you size/scale it beforehand? If you did, what were the original dimensions and was and how much you increased/decreased it?

yes i measured my head and added like a inch for padding.

nice job so far brother. how long did that take you and i was wondering wheere you got the pep file for that at because i cant upload the ones on pepakura.com at all or the files on this site

off of this web site --> http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

Halo helmets. Quite simply put, give me the sh!Ts. Lol fun to build but easy stuff up. I will have to try another one someday :)

Work to date looks good from what I can tell.
Keep up the good work.
Remember to take your time and not to rush it.

so here is the new bucket pepped out

df9f6344-cdc4-45e2-b40e-9ff7da0c4eca_zpsc03214db.jpg

and a side pic

DSCF29051_zps0687bc05.jpg

and here is what i have prepared including wire organizer in the background for the rebreathers [ idea from spitfires build ]

7ce1418a-0455-4440-96c1-770620f0b612_zps2ec0fb6b.jpg

the dremmel tool is coming and so is the visor as i mentioned haha i don't know how it will work out but I've heard they are quite useful xD

UPDATE

Alright so my visor that is gold came in the mail .and the dremmel is expected to arrive today i don't have any pictures yet but i resined the helmet and it looks pretty good. once hardened and bondo work is done i will post pictures before painting and installing visor + padding + leds and maybe a fan later on :) after i will also post finished pictures but my battery is charging so no pictures yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back