Mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, i will be the first........the new armor if that is it looks HORRIBLE. I was expecting some cool ass mix between Mk. VI and ELITE armor ...not this crap.

I have to disagree with you BEN: Now that I've seen what the suit can look like after being made by one of us, (Awesome job Blue Realm!) I actually love the look of the armour even more now... I think it could have some potential for being an awesome looking suit... Plus it makes me wonder what multiplayer's custom armour looks like. :D

well it looks like it has the armor pieces as less...and farther apart..making you more viable to be wounded. SO unless the underlayer is some cool blend of Covenant technology/forerunner and is almost an armor in it self and looks the part. I am looking even at the trailer...but like the guy said they are in their 4th design. If they are reading our comments now...I just wanted to let my thoughts be heard. I don't know the story, or how long after halo 3 this takes place, but if humanity has had a break from war for any length of time then the armor should look more different.

well it looks like it has the armor pieces as less...and farther apart..making you more viable to be wounded. SO unless the underlayer is some cool blend of Covenant technology/forerunner and is almost an armor in it self and looks the part. I am looking even at the trailer...but like the guy said they are in their 4th design. If they are reading our comments now...I just wanted to let my thoughts be heard. I don't know the story, or how long after halo 3 this takes place, but if humanity has had a break from war for any length of time then the armor should look more different.

When they say they are on their fourth design, I take that to mean they have actually progressed past this piece. I personally love the helmet, but would like to see a cod added back to the armor and some additional abdominal armor. They also mentioned that they rely heavily on the halo forums for advice and I would imagine since these specific areas have been complained about the most, they have already changed them.

I also wouldn't say that is was a waste to construct this armor. It's one of a kind and that alone makes it special. What would make the game great is if you were able to select armor permutations whenever the cut scene shows up that you get an upgrade. This would allow you to play as the standard chief (like the unmodified noble six) or your own armor flavor. Yeah it breaks canon a little bit, but it also makes the chief your own.

The new design looks... well, different. I still don't like too much the mouth part of the helmet and the lack of a cod piece and also the upper center part of the chest. The overall armor is cool, but just, different.

Perhaps is just me... but I'm sure people thought the same with the transition from Halo 1 to Halo 2 when it was presented for the first time.

I agree with you . Its a change , and we will all grow to love it all in due time.

Argh...I can't see the pictures you guys posted because of my crappy ship computer.

From what I've seen of the trailer, though, the lack of the space diaper disturbs me. If I was a dude, I'd be very concerned about keeping my family jewels safe from plasma pistols 'n stuff...

I hope Halo 4 takes a cue from Reach's Noble Six and lets Master Chief change up his wardrobe a bit.

DID NO-ONE GO TO MY LINK!! I posted a link that contains ALL of the info on Mark VII on the first page of this post!! It also has PICTURES!! CHECK IT OUT!!

Wow 343 actually talked to BlueRealm about building the armor that is awesome! Hopefully when Adam gets home he can show us some nice close up of the mk 7. Assuming 343 is letting him show it off and share it with us.

DID NO-ONE GO TO MY LINK!! I posted a link that contains ALL of the info on Mark VII on the first page of this post!! It also has PICTURES!! CHECK IT OUT!!

that link is not the armor, looks totally different than the suit in the trailer and the suit that was made for halofest, you can't always believe what you read on the internet

Wow 343 actually talked to BlueRealm about building the armor that is awesome! Hopefully when Adam gets home he can show us some nice close up of the mk 7. Assuming 343 is letting him show it off and share it with us.

Sean Bradley told me that he has nicer pics on his camera that he would post later . I cant wait to see them!

that link is not the armor, looks totally different than the suit in the trailer and the suit that was made for halofest, you can't always believe what you read on the internet

AMEN to that!

EDIT :

Did anyone see this better quality pic?

HXzUo.jpg

Do you remember the first Halo 3 TV trailer? Where the Chief crashed a Mongoose, throws down a Bubble Shield grenade, and then jumps on a group of Brutes? Did any of that actually happen in the final version of Halo 3 we played? No. Even the Bubble Shield ended up different.

On that note, I'm fairly sure the Halo 4 trailer is similar: a non-canon demonstration of stuff that's to come. I'm almost certain the Chief will start the game in the broken Forward Unto Dawn in Mark VI armor, and sometime in the story upgrade to Mark VII, a little like the very beginning of Halo 2 when he gets upgraded from Mark V to Mark VI.

More like" Backwards Unto Dawn" XD

Seriously though, the fan fiction thing looks nothing like the MK VII that they actually confirmed.

Also I am sure the "backwards unto dawn" might have even had some of this early upgraded MK VI, which became the MK VII, which could explain all of the nonsymetrical parts, and the unfinished look of it. Maybe it gets replaced later to look like the confirmed MK VII.

That is fiction. I would not consider it canon at all.

Also, somebody already built it?!

I was just gonna wait until after Halo 4, to see if the armor MC wears is actually MK VII, because then I would have not wasted time building a concept armor that was replaced for canon armor in the game.

To get just one example of how non canon these are, please read this whole article I found on the same site:
http://halofanon.wikia.com/wiki/Jackson-A104

One of the pictures is from portal! Thats a lawsuit.

Some Fan Fiction is waaaayy too off.
I smell a lawsuit, too.

Check out this video bluerelm released! Its a trailer for a documentary they are going to release about making the Halo 4 suit!

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be so cool if they publicly released the HALO 4 suit files on here since this isnt the actual armor chief is gona be wearing.And yes 343 actualy confirmed that this isnt the final design,look up IGNs HALO FEST Halo 4 panel video on their site.Its there somewhere in the middle of the vid or sumthin.Unless you guys were there in which case its not important. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back