Mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new design looks... well, different. I still don't like too much the mouth part of the helmet and the lack of a cod piece and also the upper center part of the chest. The overall armor is cool, but just, different.

Perhaps is just me... but I'm sure people thought the same with the transition from Halo 1 to Halo 2 when it was presented for the first time.

Only difference there is that in Halo 2, MC was given the Mk. VI as it has been field tested already, and was able to get ahold of it.

In Halo 4, MC has been in cryo for all this time. And I doubt Forward unto dawn had any spare Mk. VII's lying around. Besides, getting into it would be difficult since there is no pressure onboard the ship. He'd suffocate when taking off the helmet. So the change of armor in Halo 4 is just... Weird.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bungie and 343 weren't and nice and cuddle-y as we all thought. My examples are that in REACH...it had nothing tied into the books and then they changed the whole Pillar of Autumn thing. IT was a made up team(noble) at that point etc etc....Then here...it looks like they are changing specifics again. Which leads me to believe that Bungie protected certain elements and they couldn't use them. Seriously, why do you thing the Spartan patch has a star instead of the Marathon symbol....think about it.

Only difference there is that in Halo 2, MC was given the Mk. VI as it has been field tested already, and was able to get ahold of it.

I think the Chief will be using the MkVI at the beginning of the game, and then, for some reasons, Cortana with help of some forerunner technology (@_@) will be able to upgrade his armor.

I'm one of the guys who think the E3 trailer is just for demo purposes and the change will be explained, even showed on screen as it was in Halo 2.

At least we'll know in just 16 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back