Mass Effect 3 Foam build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how people use ELwire for all kinds of cool stuff. This should be fun to watch! Did you get some blue as well for the armour?

Also, the neck guard looks very nice. I like how you cut and raised the foam instead of using a thin layer of foam. Keeping the textured look will be nicer in the end I think.

Looking forward for more!

Oh, nice idea of using EL wire for the actual Omni-tool, I've seen EL wire used on the back/torso, but never an Omni-tool. I look forward to seeing how that turns out!

Thanks man! I will be sure to take tons of update pics when I get working on it. I almost want to skip right to it, but I have a test in a week so I have not put as much time into it as I would like too.

i absolutley love the detail you are getting from your own templates... its absolutley stellar. and thats a good idea with the EL wire, i really want to see how this turns out :)

Thanks! I guess it helps that I love to draw as well as good with numbers, so that I am able to get scale some what correct. Also I do alot of improvising when it comes to detailing, and just go with what looks the best to me. I am trying to get as accurate to the ME3 N7 armor, but sometimes in trying to do it one way, I think of another. So it's alot of trial and error work.

I love how people use ELwire for all kinds of cool stuff. This should be fun to watch! Did you get some blue as well for the armour?

Also, the neck guard looks very nice. I like how you cut and raised the foam instead of using a thin layer of foam. Keeping the textured look will be nicer in the end I think.

Looking forward for more!

Yup! I got some blue as well. Which is funny. I orderd from the same company, blue first, and then about an hour later, the orange cuz I didnt see it at the time. So I wonder why i got that one first ha!

Looks great.

Thanks!

I hope to get to working more intensly after next friday. But in the mean time I only have a bit of time here and there.

Day 11 and 12

Ok didn't post up pictures for day 11, so I'm just going to bundle 11 + 12. So there are quite a few, that way you can somewhat follow my process. So here we go.

th_1b0c0727.jpg
Here is the pieces laid out with the new box center piece. The other one I had was about two inches taller, and the shorter one looks more proportional.

th_d90c652b.jpg

th_3f17477f.jpg
Showing progress of making the raised spine. Just went in from behind and tried to hold the piece in place while adding some hot glue to it.

th_60f010f3.jpg
Finished

th_971502bf.jpg
Testing the look of the circular piece. Flat here.

th_56e8ae1e.jpg
Raised. I liked it better so went with it.

th_7e31ee49.jpg
Some jimmy rigging to attatch the base to neck guard.

th_28263c51.jpg
Testing out pieces.

th_e0b60e8f.jpg

th_7a41df08.jpg

th_1ec5cb05.jpg
Granted the breather helm won't be quite as big, but I can always go with my halo as back up

th_07e2072e.jpg

th_d1db1a0e.jpg

th_d2d469d2.jpg

th_33cc9597.jpg
End day 11.

Day 11 and 12

Begin day 12. I got the blue el wire awhile back so here is what it looks like.

th_f5cd0142.jpg

th_bb039f97.jpg
It will be pretty sick when I get it all workin... That is after I figure out how to run it all lol. I sat around for about 45 mins one day thinking if I should put the back together then worry about the wire... Or figure it out before I put it together... I couldn't think so I decided to put back together and then I'll figure something out. Im guessing I'll have to drill some holes, make some indentations and use some hot glue, but I digress.

th_3c8104b8.jpg
Ok so I got the box, and the weapon holsters on.

th_9a9be303.jpg

th_50c3928e.jpg
Showing my jimm rig of support ha! I'm reusing all those scraps :)

th_ec7ec7d2.jpg
Well end of day 12. I found my webbing from my halo rig so I'm going to begin to working on figuring out how to strap this baby together!

I love the Mass Effect Halo crossover. Makes me wonder if Master Chief or Shepard would be better at killing reapers...

This foam build is looking great so far, and I aggree that the circle looks better raised.

Ok I worked on trying to put these two pieces together... I finally got it, but took alot more clips than I thought ha! Still got a few kinks to work out.

I also was messing around with heat gun and a plastic container I got a the dollar store for my omni tool. Turned out pretty neat i think. I am going to go get some more of those, and start trying to build it. As well as finish the chest piece lol. But thats more exciting. Im including some quick pics I tried to get myself with what it could look like.

th_96d10cec.jpg

th_55bd1dcd.jpg
4 clips total on the sides

th_e6406254.jpg
Blue and clear pieces of platic curved a bit with heat gun

th_6420dd76.jpg
Front left side

th_ac6571b0.jpg
Above

th_99b07e37.jpg
Behind.

All of these I just wedged the EL wire inbetween the two pieces of plastic. But I like the look and light dispersion effect almost of it. So I will probably go get me a few more of those plastic things for a dollar!

I do have a question. Does hot glue hurt the EL wire?

th_6ab2bc31.jpg
4 Side clips, and two over shoulder straps. I need some velcro for the neck guard to hold in place. I also need to add a piece to the shoulder straps, so they wont fall off my shoulders.

Hmm, not sure what hot glue will do to EL wire, I would suggest sending a PM to a member who has used it in their build and ask them.

Hmm, not sure what hot glue will do to EL wire, I would suggest sending a PM to a member who has used it in their build and ask them.

I'll do that. I did do a bit of googling and found that for most people it didn't. So I'll probably test out my low heat gun on a small section first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back