Mass Effect 3 Garrus WIP (Heavy Pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny update

first thank you guys and girls lol for the comments im really glad you like it!

ok not really a big updated but I added the pvc barrels to both guns so i just wanted to post the progress hopefully i can start paint today or tomorrow :)

2011-10-09225912.jpg

my fav pic v
2011-10-09230241.jpg

2011-10-09230231.jpg

2011-10-09230123.jpg

2011-10-09230031.jpg

2011-10-09230457.jpg

and thats it for now lol more updates hopefully tonight! seya!

:D :D :D :D :D :D AWESOOOOOOME♪♫♪!!!! I didnt think you could make such awesome Guns out of Foam. Today i have been proven Wrong. =u=

I am not at all saying your work is bad or "off" because it is the sexiest looking suit made out of foam i have seen. But is te mask supposed to be tight on you? again i have no intention of making this sound bad but the mask looks so much like a mask. u should look into a tight or more elastic material

I am not at all saying your work is bad or "off" because it is the sexiest looking suit made out of foam i have seen. But is te mask supposed to be tight on you? again i have no intention of making this sound bad but the mask looks so much like a mask. u should look into a tight or more elastic material

Lol I get you and yes its supost to be more fitting.the mask is a clay sculpt I did, its also not the full mask the jaw is missing
I'm makeing a mold of the full mask this week lol and the cloth thing around my neck is will be attached to a top cap that will cover the eniter open hole lol ill be making that tomorrow lol ill update then and exsplain more :) (no worries I didn't take offence. Lol)
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I don't quite understand what you mean by top cap (probably just me running on 3 hours of sleep) but could you use something like a racing balaclava?

*Update*

ok soo lets clear this up ;p ok

the top plate is what covers my chest from the chest pice shown hear:

2011-10-11160830.jpg

2011-10-11160816.jpg

ok and the thingy i had on my head is like a baklava its just for people who work on fiberglass its ment to catch fiberglass before it gets on your skin/face:

2011-10-11161302.jpg

once I add the collar you wont see the end of the baklava :

2011-10-11161230.jpg

2011-10-11161209.jpg

I hope that kinda clears things up ;p lol its kinda hard to explain without pictures lol

in other news I finished Garrus's thighs! and Miranda's gun!

2011-10-11002257-1.jpg

2011-10-11002308-1.jpg

2011-10-11002332-1.jpg

Miranda's Gun M-9 Tempest

2011-10-11183332.jpg

2011-10-11183405.jpg

2011-10-11183422.jpg

2011-10-11183536.jpg

well thats all for right now tomorrow I start the shins :) seya!

Nice job on the guns, how are you getting such clean cuts, I dare you to go to the liquor store next to the shop with one of them foam guns and that fiberglass head thing on, if you do it I'll let you use my dremel ;)

Nice job pepping the guns and chest piece man, Fantastic work with foam. It is Definitely going to be the source of my Gun making from Now on.

And just to clarify the technical term for the head covering is a Fiberglass retention fabric, (Keeps the stuff out) But me and my co workers just call it by its slang name lol The "Sock."

Nice job on the guns, how are you getting such clean cuts, I dare you to go to the liquor store next to the shop with one of them foam guns and that fiberglass head thing on, if you do it I'll let you use my dremel ;)

Lol naw that guy is nice plus he gives me free drinks lol and I went to harbor freight and got a $10 dremal and its not that bad ill get a new one some other time and I use like 15 diffrent bits to get most of the lines and shapes lol.

Also thanks for all the complements it means a lot!

Nice job pepping the guns and chest piece man, Fantastic work with foam. It is Definitely going to be the source of my Gun making from Now on.

And just to clarify the technical term for the head covering is a Fiberglass retention fabric, (Keeps the stuff out) But me and my co workers just call it by its slang name lol The "Sock."

Lol thanks I didn't know the right name :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Great build up so far, well done!

How many copies of the plans did you print to do the weapons?

How many layers of foam did you use to build the AR?

Again, well done!

Great build up so far, well done!

How many copies of the plans did you print to do the weapons?

How many layers of foam did you use to build the AR?

Again, well done!

I printed out one of each gun the sniper I free hand and depending on detail I used 1-4 layers.

So far it looks amazing and I just showed my friend the link since she's a huge fangirl of garrus

well your N7 armor looks really good I actually debated building that the M-97 viper but i figured i would stick with the classic stuff for now but i really do like your build cant wait to see it finished!

well your N7 armor looks really good I actually debated building that the M-97 viper but i figured i would stick with the classic stuff for now but i really do like your build cant wait to see it finished!

The M-97 viper was a pain to make since I used so many things on it. As for the N7 the armor did get finished but due to the complications I had making it, I couldn't get any photos since it fell apart so easily. That was the first time I used foam for an entire build and I know I messed up and could have done better and if in the future I make the N7 again I know what to do to make it withstand pressure and not make me look so bulky.

But your work is amazing and I cannot wait to see everything done.

Great Job, love the guns and you got the shape of the armor down really well! though I'm just curious if Garrus' head is that pale? maybe I don't remember the game too well, some shading might take care of that easy enough... again those guns look fantastic!

Keep up the good work :)

*BIG Update*

UGH!!! haven't slept in like 3 days non stop PAINTING ACTION over hear..... but finally everything is done except some minor detail and paint also..... but any whoo. I finished the thighs, re-did the COD, finished the shins and the feet...whew..and finished the entire commander Shepard suit....(no pics of that until after the con tho gf wont let me post pics lol.

ok first pics are me being tired lol sitting down (really happy the way the feet turned out )
(thats my niece lol)
DSCN0827.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

DSCN0818.jpg

back
DSCN0816.jpg

side
DSCN0815.jpg

DSCN0814.jpg

front
DSCN0812.jpg

foot lol
DSCN0811.jpg

DSCN0810.jpg

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0808.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

2011-10-16205910.jpg

2011-10-16205547.jpg

ok so thats all for now starting on the mask and C.S. helmet today hopefully pics tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back