Mass Effect EVA foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah!!! Most Impressive DeadlyNinja, This is the Best Female Shepard I have seen yet... and that rifle, very nice paint job you've done...
As for the helmet issue your having, this is the smallest Biker Helmet I have ever seen,Econo Novelty Eagle Dull Black

Not exactly what your looking for I know, but it should be small enough to wear under your helmet... For the visor you could take a motorcycle visor and cut it to the shape you need....

Looking forward to seeing this progress...

Chris

oh no i must have ..phrased myself wrong xD im looking for the visor, but the most i found are too wide to fit inside the helmet i made? im not sure how i can cut that kind of plastic since i dont have access to heavy tools and machinery...So im looking to other kind of plastic that is softer and more bendable, also thinner so i can cut them with hobby knives by hand

lol... oh, have you tried a Dremel with a cutting blade on it, those will cut through motorcycle visors fairly easily... if your going for realy easy, well, could always get a clear 2 liter bottle, I've seen a few guys on here go that route with there halo helmets...

Also for a cheap option you could use motor cycle helmet visor inserts. Basically very thin tinted or coloured pvc sheets that you can cut to fit. Like THESE.

How about ski goggle inserts? They seem to be big enough for your helmet's opening, and far more flexible and probably cheaper than motor cycle visors.

Or the same type of goggles that are used in moto cross racing. Perhaps you can even get a mirror chrome variant, although Shepard's helmet had a transparent visor, except for the ME2 intro that happened before the character import/creation.

Woah! Exceptional foam work! Have you had any further luck with a visor? The opening is rather narrow so ski goggles might work. **edit - just noticed Vargatom suggested the same thing one post above- oops, sorry** You can get hundreds of varying ski lenses for goggles. Another option might be paintball mask visors.

What? All of this in a week? /faints

All of this done on the floor of your bedroom ... ridiculously awesome work! Definitely something to aspire to for my MC build :)

lol... oh, have you tried a Dremel with a cutting blade on it, those will cut through motorcycle visors fairly easily... if your going for realy easy, well, could always get a clear 2 liter bottle, I've seen a few guys on here go that route with there halo helmets...

yeah i have few clear plastic sheets laying around, im looking for window tint plastic now, but they wont sell me small strips for some reason =/ just in large sheets.Im trying to find a place to buy only 20 cm of it

Also for a cheap option you could use motor cycle helmet visor inserts. Basically very thin tinted or coloured pvc sheets that you can cut to fit. Like THESE.

thats a good idea, ill be looking for that too

How about ski goggle inserts? They seem to be big enough for your helmet's opening, and far more flexible and probably cheaper than motor cycle visors.

Or the same type of goggles that are used in moto cross racing. Perhaps you can even get a mirror chrome variant, although Shepard's helmet had a transparent visor, except for the ME2 intro that happened before the character import/creation.

yeah i know ,but i like the tinted versions, gives some mystery to the helmet

Woah! Exceptional foam work! Have you had any further luck with a visor? The opening is rather narrow so ski goggles might work. **edit - just noticed Vargatom suggested the same thing one post above- oops, sorry** You can get hundreds of varying ski lenses for goggles. Another option might be paintball mask visors.

ill be looking for replacement ski lenses, that sounds like a great idea too, since they would fit quite well in the visor on my helmet :D

Woah, that armor looks great! Makes me want to start trying out foam, lol. Good job.

thanks :D foam is fun to work with, but really hard to find here which makes me sad...

What? All of this in a week? /faints

All of this done on the floor of your bedroom ... ridiculously awesome work! Definitely something to aspire to for my MC build :)

heheh i work well under pressure and a time limit xD give me unlimited time, and ill take forever....

yup, my poor bedroom floor ;c

Out of curiosity, what kind of template did you use for the helmet? I like the closed face, but I'd rather have the open. However, for a foam template, I'd take anything I can get.

Out of curiosity, what kind of template did you use for the helmet? I like the closed face, but I'd rather have the open. However, for a foam template, I'd take anything I can get.

as stated, ive made my helmet mostly from scratch, by eying the 3d model of shepard, since i didnt have templates , allthough i did use http://www.therpf.com/f24/axiomultras-mass-effect-project-146406/ template for the back part, since ive got a hold of them when i was around that part . Thats why my helmet isnt that much like the original n7 helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back