Mc Mrk Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, first off, id like to just say that heading back to the noob forum because, while i have been around the group for a few months, i havent done any thing in the way of cosplay. im not experienced, like, at all so im moving back to the area that i should start in. second off this, not only being the start of my new suit, is also my 117th post! ok now to the armor, i plan to make this a super detailed suit thats extremely accurate and has many features to make it almost livable, lol, but again i am merely a noob so we'll see how it goes.i have scaled and printed the helmet, (flyingsquirrel) and i have begun cutting, i apologize for no pics, but they should show up within a few days.

p.s. im making a list of all the things i want to do on the suit so expect that soon also.

p.p.s. last thing, i know, I KNOW, the whole thing wont be done in time for halloween so i have a surprise up my sleeve.

Well, congrats on your 117th post, dude! ;)

As for the armour, when you say you'll be making it super-detailed and extremely accurate, which of the two Mk VI versions are you basing it on? HALO 2 or 3? And, do you plan on putting in any electronics (ie. LEDs, exhaust fans) in it to make it more "liveable"?

I myself plan on completing mine to incorporate different details from both the HALO 2 and HALO 3 versions, as well as what was seen in the "Starry Night" commercial. That makes more my own interpretation then, not really being indicative of any particular version, but hopefully the most detailed version out there.

Of course, that requires me to actually finish the suit first, and I'm a long way's off from that, lol. But, that's the plan, anyway.

And yes, if you could please post some WiP pics as soon as possible, then you won't have to worry about this getting locked down due to the lack of those. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this build, from one first-timer to another :cool

SPARTAN II said:
Well, congrats on your 117th post, dude! ;)

As for the armour, when you say you'll be making it super-detailed and extremely accurate, which of the two Mk VI versions are you basing it on? HALO 2 or 3? And, do you plan on putting in any electronics (ie. LEDs, exhaust fans) in it to make it more "liveable"?

I myself plan on completing mine to incorporate different details from both the HALO 2 and HALO 3 versions, as well as what was seen in the "Starry Night" commercial. That makes more my own interpretation then, not really being indicative of any particular version, but hopefully the most detailed version out there.

Of course, that requires me to actually finish the suit first, and I'm a long way's off from that, lol. But, that's the plan, anyway.

And yes, if you could please post some WiP pics as soon as possible, then you won't have to worry about this getting locked down due to the lack of those. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this build, from one first-timer to another :cool

sorry for leaving some details out, it will be a Mk VI from halo 3 and there will be electronics, exhaust fans, speakers, leds, etc. im also working on a way to incorporate a full-body, water cooling pack... and again, new pics should be up in a few days, if my computer doesnt give me any problems

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, first off, i apologize with the double post, but... with this post comes the first look at my ever updated list of ideas and plans for my suit, which means that this post will be updated fairly often, but never posted twice... now, to begin with the list

-besides making this as detailed and close to the halo3 mk VI as possible, there are other things in here that will be noted...

lets begin with the bottom layer: the undersuit - i am being ambitious with this, but id like to set the bar high and keep it there. with the undersuit i plan to hand make it using a mix of my plans and others (which i will give credit to) it will contain all the lines and details as well as being entirely water cooled, from neck to toe, with the pump located on the back, hidden by the main torso piece. fairly obvious, it will also be one entire piece.

now on to the armor: for the strapping, i plan to make it strap to the undersuit, which means that there will be buckles on the undersuit itself and buckles on the armor, that way, every part is one piece, it cannot move when put on, and there are no extra straps. while that may sound improbable i have my own ideas to make it work. each piece will have its appropriate lights, and the backpack will have vents and speakers at the top of the suit.

lastly i move to the helmet: it will have fans and vents in appropriate places, padding and strapping, and lights.

i believe i have forgotten things but for now this is a good start to my list. one last piece is that for scaling i have a specific way to find my most accurate yet fitting size/scale. i will take a certain body part, thigh for instance, and divide the length of my thigh with that of chiefs thigh. then, i divide my total height with that of chiefs height. lastly, i will take the two ratios and average them together, to get my final scale which i will use in pepakura designer and hopefully get an appropriate piece.

now i dont have a "due date" at the moment because i cant get this finished in time for halloween and i dont know when or where any cons are, so for the time being im just working on it with the time i have. and again i apologize with having no pics, but my camera wont cooperate, so the should be up soon.

please provide thought and critism... thanks all!

and on to the triple post, again i apologize but no one likes commenting me, but i understand especially since you cant see any work... ok, todays update brings us to the printing stage, i spent a lot of the day working on rescaling and moving all the parts of every piece of armor. i printed everything except the chest and backpack due to a shortage in cardstock, (about 5 pages...) so i will be heading to an office supply store soon. anyways the armor is scaled to 70" and nothing has been cut out yet... more pics and updates soon, comment thoughts and critism, blah blah blah.

PIC OF THE DAY!!!

3767518993_718f1701e5_b.jpg

ok, just making a quick post explaining that my work has been put on a major hold because of all me summer doings. I dont have much to show anyways, =(

ok, new update, not doing to hot with the work right now but im setting myself a time limit. I plan to have this fully completed, not counting molding or casting, by the end of the year. that means everything pepped, resined, fiberglassed, bondo'd, and painted, by... may? I figure I can get it done on this time frame. (i dont remember half the dates)

pepped by thanksgiving

resined and fiberglassed hopefully by the start of christmas break

bondo'd by the start of christmas

then painting by new years.

my back up is definately by the end of school year so I can do my best to get to con's. this will be my primary suit for now, since i cant afford the casts, but if i do this well i can make some money too...

wish me luck

That's quite a time table to work with but, DON'T GET LAZY!

I wish you best of luck on it.

But I figure you can pep everything way before Thanksgiving.

Try setting it to Halloween ;)

Though I don't know how fast and well you work but hey good luck again :D

Im starting just a quickie Mark VI for halloween (since i only have scout and ODST armor :p) im gonna start it next week and finished a little before halloween. if u work at it,i can promised your it whont take a whole year..inless your Lazy.

SoullessSin said:
That's quite a time table to work with but, DON'T GET LAZY!

I wish you best of luck on it.

But I figure you can pep everything way before Thanksgiving.

Try setting it to Halloween ;)

Though I don't know how fast and well you work but hey good luck again :D

BigBadFox said:
Im starting just a quickie Mark VI for halloween (since i only have scout and ODST armor :p) im gonna start it next week and finished a little before halloween. if u work at it,i can promised your it whont take a whole year..inless your Lazy.

@ BOTH: I also have a feeling i could the problem is just school and soccer, those take up an average of about 50 hours a week, and thats just if I have one game on the weekend... add in sleeping and other things, thats about another 50 hours... 100 hundred hours within 7 days and i havent even added in homework. lets see now, there are only about 168 hours in a week...? we'll see how fast this goes, i may do a non-bondoed and badly painted suit for halloween, and work on a better one afterwards. maybe we can help pace eachother if need be BigBadFox.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can totally finish by your deadline if you started working on this in July. I got my Mark 6 (pep and fiberglass) done in 3 months this summer, and that was with working and summer school.

Are you planning to transfer your prints to poster card, or did you print out on card stock?

~James

changa big change coming to this thread, by the end of the week this will be wiped clean and new photos will be posted. basicly im hijacking my own thread and turning into a general progress thread. why? because Im no where near where i need to be for this project, and im also working on... 5(?) other projects - so this will become a pep progress thread that i continually update. lastly the projects im working on is 1.full mark VI suit 2.recon helmet 3.ODST suit 4.security helmet and 5.a leonidas sparta helmet from the movie 300. pics up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back