Metroid - Samus Aran [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
so great topic...I think it's my lover!!!

Cheap WOW GoldRS Money

You could break it into pieces the same way I break my weapons down into pieces. I import the entire model into Sketchup, break it down there, make each section a group (ie right click and form group) and import the newly broken down model back into pep. You can import it back in a few ways, one way is all at once, the individual groups will show up as such, and you can turn off all but the group you'd like to unfold and unfold each group one at a time. The other way is to import each group from sketchup to pep individually. As long as you don't move any parts of the model in sketchup (just hide or freeze the different group layers to export the individual groups) the positioning in pep will be as such that you can unfold each section in an individual pep file, and later combine them all together by using the import .pdo comand. When you import all the unfolded pdo's together, they will all be placed perfectly, with no need to rescale.

This may sound confusing, but it's really not all that difficult to actually do and it saves a TON on file size. Let me know if this could work for you and if you need any further clarification. Good luck!

Metroid files? Can do.

I think I have the VARIA suit from Other M and Corruption broken down to the various parts - but not unfolded or rescaled. I know I've broken down and unfolded Dark Samus from Corruption as well, but it's not scaled for humans perfectly. I'll try and get them uploaded later today.

E: http://www.4shared.com/folder/bUb598yl/Metroid_Prime.html
Contains VARIA (Corruption/Other M) and Dark Samus (Corruption) files. Not entirely rescaled for normal humans.
CJ

Metroid files? Can do.

I think I have the VARIA suit from Other M and Corruption broken down to the various parts - but not unfolded or rescaled. I know I've broken down and unfolded Dark Samus from Corruption as well, but it's not scaled for humans perfectly. I'll try and get them uploaded later today.

E: http://www.4shared.com/folder/bUb598yl/Metroid_Prime.html
Contains VARIA (Corruption/Other M) and Dark Samus (Corruption) files. Not entirely rescaled for normal humans.
CJ

wow thanks, these look great, will you finsh unfolding and scaling the rest cuz that would rule.

wow thanks, these look great, will you finsh unfolding and scaling the rest cuz that would rule.
At this point I'm not sure - I have a lot of work and school IRL, so progress may be intermittent and slow. Plus I have a whole bunch of stuff I want to build for upcoming releases (ie. Halo 4 and Crysis 3)
So, yeah, if anyone else wants to have a go at them - feel free!

CJ

Just a quick note for anyone tackling these files... The more I look at this thread and see those pics of the pepped in game model, the more I want to redo my helmet. Then I remember, “Oh yeah, that’s the same model I used for my reference!” Then I also remember why I made parts of it the way I did. Samus is definitely not proportioned like a real human. Two big examples are the arms and the head. Samus’s shoulders, when they hang at her side, stick out from the torso quite a bit, kinda like they’ve been pulled away and put back on sticks. As for the head, here’s a demonstration. Even though I never really intended to wear it myself (though it's starting to look like I may have to), this is the model superimposed on my head…

helmet-dementia.jpg
helmet-dementia-2.jpg

This was the minimum amount of scaling required to get it to sit on my head and still be able to see out the visor. It's big, but still doesn't fully cover my face. On the in-game model, the head is wider than it is tall, so it should be squashed so it will fit under your chin and not sit wide on the shoulders. Speaking of the chin, the beak in the in-game model goes straight back from the front (mine is flared out a bit) so it won’t accommodate a human chin from that angle, either. Also, on the model, the faceplate comes in at a rather sharp angle (I made mine slightly curved) so additional work is needed to more readily accommodate a store-bought visor (on the model, the visor comes in at an angle, as well).

And this is just the helmet. The other parts will require a good deal of scaling and squashing, as well, so they will actually fit a human body. (And no, I’m not just saying this because I feel like I have to justify my design choices instead of starting over from scratch ;)) It’s not impossible, and can definitely be done, and I'm DEFINITELY not trying to discourage anyone! Actually, I bring this up so that you don't give up when you get through your first helmet, and realize that it doesn't fit right, or you look like a bobble-head. Keep in mind that it’s not as easy as simply scaling to fit, there are proportions issues to take into account, as well. So, anyone who’s building this, good luck!!!

hi this is aratkrision from panama, im a pro photographer and i was planing to build this for my gf, if you guys finished the files and re scaing i will build it and provide you with great pictures of this proyect, i was trying to draw it in autocad but it will take a while and i need it before halloween,

peace

I've been working on a Samus costume off and on for a few years (mostly off). I did make the helmet model from a model that's been circulating for a few years, but I have a small head and it mostly fits. I may have to add something for the neck fairly high up. Tried to make it more sturdy this afternoon, will post a picture when it's dry.

Update!

Hey all! Been a while! so long story short, the weather has cleared up a bit and is a pretty good temperature to work in, giving me the ambition to crank this thing out!
Helmet is pepped and ready, didn't bother pepping the cooling pipes on the sides because I'm just gonna add in real ones later. Gonna improvise to make this thing work and fit human lol!

img1055d.jpg

img1056d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i made one of those

good luck on the Samus suit. i built a complete one and had it scaled to fit the person i was building it for. unfortunately the suit didn't last through the few moves that i've made since completing the general construction, but i can say that some parts of the suit are somewhat odd as far as scaling and fitting goes. feel free to check out the thread i made when i joined self promotion/bump

Oh man

Update!

Hey all! Been a while! so long story short, the weather has cleared up a bit and is a pretty good temperature to work in, giving me the ambition to crank this thing out!
Helmet is pepped and ready, didn't bother pepping the cooling pipes on the sides because I'm just gonna add in real ones later. Gonna improvise to make this thing work and fit human lol!

img1055d.jpg

img1056d.jpg

Dude, I've got that same file set and I just want to wish you: Good Luck!

Scaling on this model has been a pain! However, the payoff could be wondrous!

Update!

Hey everyone! more progress done this week!
i have the torso and shoulders pepped! it took me a few tries to get the torso size right i think it looks good enough, had to rescale the shoulders too after the first attempt. starting to look sexy :cool

img1074h.jpg

img1076f.jpg

img1079ny.jpg

img1081um.jpg

img1083xo.jpg

img1084cc.jpg

I put a square there so you can get an idea of how big this thing actually is.
more to come soon :D

Little update :) getting closer

Chestplate almost done!
peee.jpg

sy6u.jpg

new helmet!
6umo.jpg

some foam parts!
hvua.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.