MJOLNIR GEN 2/S Variant - Commander Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that chest piece scratch built?

No, I found all the scout files in Crimmson's (I think that's his name) thread. I did have to unfold some of the files myself, then after I had the basic shape I went it and detailed it further with craft foam. Course eventually I ran out of time and failed to detail everything below the waist the way I wanted to. That's why I still have her labled as a WIP in my books.

10314455_661068200630912_1567596318961659678_n.jpg

Hey I know the guy with the forward unto down armor I follow him on instagram, and he follows me as well. His armors are pretty awesome. And your Commando Palmer is just epic!

This thread is also labeled 'Other Things'. I'm plotting out a Carolina Build and an ODST Build, but I still need to work on Palmer...

So... plus other things. I also had to make an S1 Suit (Ashley Williams from Mass Effect) for Anime North for my friend. First time building a suit for someone who isn't a similar size as me and lives 6 hours away.

10295672_10152457843475350_440465352062686267_n.jpg

10308332_10202236743620019_6072381237443318859_n.jpg

She loved it, but I found the entire thing a mess. Most of it was the heat of the weekend and the tension placed on the suit for it it fit her properly.

awesome job on the palmer suit. are you planning to upgrade the undersuit? would you be willing to share your foam unfolds for the scout armor(palmer)

Yeah, the undersuit will be a WIP, I'm just up in the air if I'll get it done in time for Canada Day.

I don't really have 'Foam Unfolds' for the suit, I just pulled what I was able to find off your thread and worked with it. I'll take a look to see if they're shareable in a sense. Because I tend to mess with things to an extent that I only really get how to put it together.

Yes and no? My shoulder file is unusable until I fix it because I screwed it up and saved it when I shouldn't have. None of this was adapted as a 'female' version, at least, unless Palmer was used as reference when Crimmson made the models. I know just recently someone dumped all the in-game files. It's just the matter of sitting down and unfolding them.

I actually want a more accurate helmet to be honest... I wonder if there is one out there.

10426778_10152406470401578_7590068901027276100_n.jpg

Yes and no? My shoulder file is unusable until I fix it because I screwed it up and saved it when I shouldn't have. None of this was adapted as a 'female' version, at least, unless Palmer was used as reference when Crimmson made the models. I know just recently someone dumped all the in-game files. It's just the matter of sitting down and unfolding them.

I actually want a more accurate helmet to be honest... I wonder if there is one out there.

for foam it probably would be irrelevant due to the foam pieces providing most of the depth detail(cant speak to clearly on this as I have only dabbled in foam slightly). if you are going for the helmet pep, I haven't done one but I can put on the list. right now I am working on the fotus set. I honestly need to go back and redo the scout set as I have learnt more since then and with the textures available they help with adding the details. you guys and gals that venture into the cons in full gear make green with jelly. I hope you guys had fun

@crimmson: I found a new scout helmet unfold in DD117's thread there. I'll probably fix it up for foam.

Chances are, after Canada Day at the least, I'm gonna work in some more details, reseal the entire suit, and repaint it.

I gotta find them on my computer first. But sure. I just know my shoulders are unusable until I clean them up.

I updated my first post with all of the models found in my thread if you want to look for them there. and great work by the way. I looked through the files for halo 4 in adj and it lists the female version of the armor. maybe a side project

perfect. My current chest plate sits oddly enough as it is already. I mean I've gotten 7 12-hour days (roughly) out of the suit already. But... honestly I don't know how much longer I can get out of it before I'm forced to start rebuilding pieces.

Get back with me when you find them, I'll keep searching as best I can myself. You may have just saved me a ton of money with this foam build!

Note: What did you use for the blue visor?

The game-ripped files I've made available should be easily modified to fit foam purposes. And, I realise that I haven't made the female set available yet - that's something else I need to work on (just getting the male set out and published was a lot of work and will require a lot more work to settle everything into two different groups).

I can put 'female H4 files' in my list of Stuff I Need To Do™ and try to get on with it as and when I have the time and motivation for it. Other than that, not making any promises, I'm afraid - there's still an awful lot of work to do with remaining assets being published for the community and I don't want to start 'playing favourites'.

Get back with me when you find them, I'll keep searching as best I can myself. You may have just saved me a ton of money with this foam build!

Note: What did you use for the blue visor?

Crimmson has them all on his thread now, front page, I posted the gaunlets above.

The visor is just a plastic divider and some window tint. Awful to see through.

I can put 'female H4 files' in my list of Stuff I Need To Do™ and try to get on with it as and when I have the time and motivation for it. Other than that, not making any promises, I'm afraid - there's still an awful lot of work to do with remaining assets being published for the community and I don't want to start 'playing favourites'.

no rush, I don't thing anyone really notices I'm wearing the male chestplate, and once I do the undersuit it shouldn't see as awkwardly. I have to bind anyway to wear it.

I got the gameripped helmet file, I'm gonna be fiberglassing it this weekend with my buddies in the NCR Heavy Armour Troop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back